What's new

Utah Hikes

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
I heard they got rid of the log ladder for Kannarraville Falls. Is that true? I've never done that one.

I've always wanted to do the Subway as well. When did you do that? I'm always anxious about Zion because the crowds can be overwhelming and the summer heat. However, I'm guessing the Subway is probably a lot cooler in the summer so it might be nice. I've only been to Zion once.

Last I was there the log was there but that was a while ago.

Zion will be packed during the summer. The subway hike cuts down on the heat with the water. But there will likely be lots of people. It’s also a pretty easy hike.

Calf Creek was about two hours, not to bad population wise and ends in a pond with a waterfall if you wish to cool off. It’s outside of Escalante, Utah. Did that about 3 years ago. Was quite enjoyable.

Only thing I’ve hiked in the last 18 months is the Y.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Isn't that right before Desolation lake as you're going up the main road on Big Cottonwood? I think it is. I think it goes Dog Lake, then the Mill D (Desolation Lake), then Willow Heights (did that), and right after that you're up at the Silver Lake parking lot.

I started from immigration canyon. Its hella steep. Not very far though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Red

@Archie Moses, I very much enjoyed your video! Liked the biker video you posted recently as well. Years ago, I hiked all the national parks in Utah, and they weren't even crowded! So you bet it was years ago, lol. I still hope to show my wife around Utah one day.

One guy I discovered recently, who I feel makes great short YouTube videos of hikes he and his wife take throughout the Southwest, is Dana Hollister. He does a great job showing viewers the Cedar Mesa area in SE Utah, the Bears Ears region. Man, do I envy him. Cedar Mesa has the largest concentration of Ancestral Puebloan cliff dwellings in the entire SW.

Here's his Cedar Mesa videos:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3pynWoHELGe5Z0_kQjrUmITvCfwV8zF_

And all his videos to date:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfKzTG-ViS0pRbjG0o0rMNw/videos

I think Mr. Hollister is a good steward of the land, and our cultural heritage:

Last edited:

Archie Moses

@Archie Moses, I very much enjoyed your video! Liked the biker video you posted recently as well. Years ago, I hiked all the national parks in Utah, and they weren't even crowded! So you bet it was years ago, lol. I still hope to show my wife around Utah one day.

One guy I discovered recently, who I feel makes great short YouTube videos of hikes he and his wife take throughout the Southwest, is Dana Hollister. He does a great job showing viewers the Cedar Mesa area in SE Utah, the Bears Ears region. Man, do I envy him. Cedar Mesa has the largest concentration of Ancestral Puebloan cliff dwellings in the entire SW.

Here's his Cedar Mesa videos:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3pynWoHELGe5Z0_kQjrUmITvCfwV8zF_

And all his videos to date:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfKzTG-ViS0pRbjG0o0rMNw/videos

I think Mr. Hollister is a good steward of the land, and our cultural heritage:

Thanks, Red. I've been enjoying getting out and exploring Utah. Making the videos has just been a fun little bonus. Every year I tell myself I'm going to go adventuring and never did. This is the first year I finally feel like I'm doing everything I want to and it's been awesome.

I liked the channel you recommended. I'll sub for sure.

I took my dogs to Silver Lake Flat today. It was awesome but my big dog hurt his paws so I feel terrible. Poor guy, but I think he'll be ok. He's gonna get babied.

(I'm terrible at making titles for my videos. Haha)

Last edited:
Reactions: Red

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Thanks, Red. I've been enjoying getting out and exploring Utah. Making the videos has just been a fun little bonus. Every year I tell myself I'm going to go adventuring and never did. This is the first year I finally feel like I'm doing everything I want to and it's been awesome.

I liked the channel you recommended. I'll sub for sure.

I took my dogs to Silver Flat Lake today. It was awesome but my big dog hurt his paws so I feel terrible. Poor guy, but I think he'll be ok. He's gonna get babied.

(I'm terrible at making titles for my videos. Haha)
What happened to his paw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Archie Moses

What happened to his paw

They got all tore up and look like blisters. I think there was a stretch of hot sand that did it after he was in water. Dude can't even walk right now. We've cleaned him up and he looks so sad. Might take him to the vet in the morning. I feel pretty crappy about it.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
They got all tore up and look like blisters. I think there was a stretch of hot sand that did it after he was in water. Dude can't even walk right now. We've cleaned him up and he looks so sad. Might take him to the vet in the morning. I feel pretty crappy about it.
I recommend putting a cone on if he is a licker. It will suck but it's for his own good and he will be better off in the long run

Archie Moses

I recommend putting a cone on if he is a licker. It will suck but it's for his own good and he will be better off in the long run

He's not a licker. He can't even walk. He won't go outside to go to the bathroom and I can't move him cause he's so big. I can't get a vet appointment until tomorrow. I really hope he's ok. I feel terrible.

Red

He's not a licker. He can't even walk. He won't go outside to go to the bathroom and I can't move him cause he's so big. I can't get a vet appointment until tomorrow. I really hope he's ok. I feel terrible.

Hope he recovers well, and enjoys more great walks!