What's new

Utah Hikes

This is shot vertically. I normally do everything horizontally and make my videos from my GoPro.
This is just a bunch of videos I made on my phone for things like IG stories or whatever. As much as I hate vertical films, if you can enlarge it in your phone then it's not half bad.
I got myself confused. I meant horizontally.

This is shot vertically. I normally do everything horizontally and make my videos from my GoPro.

I got myself confused. I meant horizontally.
I gotcha, dude.

I have horizontal video of it, but it's almost too embarrassing to make public.

I found the arches out of pure intuition and luck. The GPS trailhead marker isn't correct nor were multiple latitude / longitude coordinates.

Yeah, vertical videos suck though. 95%
images (8).jpeg
My biggest regret from this hike was not being able to see the Crocodile Rock or the Dragon's Tooth Rock.

I followed some German's dude l / l and it just sent me to the 5 Hole Arch.

698fe42e8c0f7970e64a15e6bd7b5724.jpg

This is somewhere close to where I went. I walked probably 8 miles and couldn't find it. The coordinates I found/saved online were wrong. *shakes fist*

No.

I made dinner and watched the sunset and the moon rise. Then I went in the camper and journaled a little bit, played my guitar and watched alien/UFO shows/documentaries. Lol
Campfire kinda sucks by yourself anyways. At least to me it does. (also gets kinda scary lol)

Escalante is my new favorite place. Hiked 5 slots and got stuck in a flash flood, crazy!

Highway 12 from Capitol Reef to Escalante is the most scenic drive in the states. Fight me. Haha

My dog in the Devil's Garden after Spooky, Peekaboo and Dry Fork Narrows - on our way to Zebra's.
20210903_114621.jpg

Dry Fork Narrows off of Hole in the Rock Road south of Escalante, UT.

This was my favorite slot canyon (besides Brimstone) in the area. Peekaboo and Spooky are cool too, but way too claustrophobic.

So we decided to go down to Capitol Reef next weekend. We’ve never been. How packed is it this time of year? I imagine it’s not as popular as Moab and others. Any recommendations?

So we decided to go down to Capitol Reef next weekend. We’ve never been. How packed is it this time of year? I imagine it’s not as popular as Moab and others. Any recommendations?

Hike Cassidy Arch. That's a fun hike and full of views.

There will be lots of people there, but it won't feel like it. It's not like the other parks imo.

Have fun, man. I love that place.

Has anyone hiked 1) Horseshoe Canyon 2) Coyote Gulch or 3) the Druid Arch?

I'll eventually hike all three (I hope) and would like to plan an early October hike.

All 3 of those hikes don't allow dogs so I'll be hiking solo. I'd love for my dog to be there, but it is what is and respect and always abide by state regulations/laws.

If you hiked any of the 3, tell me about it. All 3 seem awesome to me and is hard to decide.

I'm leaning towards the Druid Arch. Why? Well, if you know me -Ufology.

I have some cool footage of UFOs in the SRS and Escalante. The Escalante video might be a planet (it's a dark park) and there wasn't supposed to be a planet that looked like an orb appear in that direction (you bet I follow astronomy,) that time of day and mysteriously not follow orbit. haha The two other in Swell, were UFOs. 100%

(Again, I'm probably wrong on that one cause every other UFO I've seen moves.)

That one glimmered like the UFO I filmed behind my house though. Weird. It felt close. Haha

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210922-150331_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210922-150340_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210922-150323_Gallery.jpg
This was probably 8 PM. It's lighter than it looks. If that's a star, which I suspect it is, it flickered from red, orange, yellow and white.

I've never seen a star appear so early or feel that close. Ode to Utah Dark Parks!

I got out of my camper 3 or 4 hours later and looked at the natural "planetarium" above me. It was amazing.

No wonder the ancients understood astronomy way better than most people nowadays.

The sky is art if you see it dark.

I went riding Wednesday night to the Torquerville Falls.

While going up the rocky ***, not fun trail, we passed an overlander that we thought were ****ed (they were.) Wish I said something, lesson learned.

That said, I got to meet amazing and unbelievably positive people. @xenaventures and @mattsoffroadrecovery

You may not know who Matt is, but he's a, "I won't back down from anything "- normal folk.

1 million subs are running at him.

Taking off tomorrow morning and gonna do some Ralson-esque hikes this week.

That said, the ranger and fam is gonna know which trails I'll be on and when.

Escalante, here I come!

I was planning a hike tomorrow but the weather has other plans

Lake Blanche is amazing. Tough hike and then all of a sudden the view opens up to amazing scenery at the lakes. I found a comfortable seat carved into the rocks next to a waterfall between lakes snd I’d read there for hours. Can take a dip in the lakes. In the 90s there was never anyone else on the trail. Great memories. Exposed hiking above the lakes. Almost got killed when mountain goats above me triggered a rock slide.