What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

I think we end up with a better record than OKC and maybe Portland toi, but Houston surpasses them as well.

GS
Denver
Houston
Utah

Thunder down 14 to the Wolves at halftime. They are the one team I could see us passing but I'd much rather end up 6th than 5th.

Thunder down 14 to the Wolves at halftime. They are the one team I could see us passing but I'd much rather end up 6th than 5th.

I think the best scenario in terms of our chances in the playoffs is probably

1. GSW
2. Denver
3. Portland/Utah
4. OKC/Houston
5. OKC/Houston
6. Portland/Utah

That could get us to the WCF. We have a better shot against Portland than OKC imo. We probably dont beat Houston. Portland is actually a pretty good matchup for us in a playoff setting. I think Gobert and Favs would control the paint. Quin would take a few things from the Pels strategy last year to slow down CJ/Dame. Portland would be feeling the pressure of failure again too. Then we'd face inexperienced Denver (assuming they beat the 7 seed which isn't guaranteed.) I think we would beat them and pretty handidly. I don't buy them at all. Then we hope for the miracle of Houston or OKC beating GSW for a punchers chance at a finals appearance.

Three way tie for 3rd after tonight. OKC easily wins tiebreaker, Portland 4th, Houston 5th.

Edit: nvm, Houston gets the tiebreaker for winning their division. We would face them in the first round as of today.

Last edited:
I’d almost rather be a 6 seed than 4 or 5 as you wouldn’t have to fade GSW until the finals. Of course, it all comes down to matchups anyway in the playoffs.

Tomorrow is Blazers v Thunder. Win win

Then Friday night could be big for us as well. In addition to our game the Thunder and Rockets play.

Thunder have Blazers and Clippers back to back. Then us for their 3rd game in 4 nights. They still have a home-and-away with Toronto.

Anyone else love watching the Lakers implode especially lately? Rondo would rather sit with the fans than his own team on the bench LOL. Apparently Mcgee did too

Anyone else love watching the Lakers implode especially lately? Rondo would rather sit with the fans than his own team on the bench LOL. Apparently Mcgee did too
There's almost never been a better time to be a non-Lakers/Celtics fan in the league with the Lakers completely melting down and the Boston disaster with Kyrie.

I’d almost rather be a 6 seed than 4 or 5 as you wouldn’t have to fade GSW until the finals. Of course, it all comes down to matchups anyway in the playoffs.
Except warriors might not get the number 1 seed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

There's almost never been a better time to be a non-Lakers/Celtics fan in the league with the Lakers completely melting down and the Boston disaster with Kyrie.
I'm loving living in the LA area right now. Laker fan tears are truly the saltiest and sweetest.

Bucks have clinched a playoff berth.
Suns and Knicks are officially eliminated

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m definitely rooting for OKC tonight. They have a far tougher remaining schedule than Portland.

Also, Portland has three B2B’s left. Five of those six games are road games. The second halves are at the Spurs, at the Pistons and the Kings to end the year who could be fighting for a playoff spot. Tough considering 5 of 6 are on the road.

OKC has three B2B’s left. 4 of 6 are on the road with the second halves being at Clips, at Indy and at the Bucks who could be fighting for the 1 seed to end the year. Tough.

We have three B2B’s left. 4 of 6 are on the road. The second halves are the TWolves, at the Hawks and at the Clips.