What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

2 games where we don't play are huge:
Denver @ Portland
Houston @ OKC

A Nuggets victory would be gold. If Portland wins, that's huge trouble. Then, Houston better win @OKC or we probably face Houston.

1 GS 55-24 vs LAC, @NO, @Mem
2 Den 53-26 @ Por, @ Uta, vs Min
3 Hou 52-28 vs Pho, @OKC
4 Por 50-29 vs Den, @ LAL, vs Sac
5 Uta 49-30 @LAL, vs Den, @LAC
6 LAC 47-33 @GS, vs Uta
7 OKC 46-33 @Min, vs Hou, @ Mil (Milwaukee could be resting players)
8 SA 46-34 @Cle, vs Dal

Great. We’ll play the 1 seed yet again in the second round and for the third year in a row be without our starting point guard.

Dude you can read? I'm proud of you!

Im hooked the series of books that the jazzfanz poster wrote. I think his name was edgewriter? They are so so good. They are the reason that i havent had a good night sleep in a year (i cant put the books down to go to bed). I think there are like 12 out so far in the series. Im on book 9 or 10.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Im hooked the series of books that the jazzfanz poster wrote. I think his name was edgewriter? They are so so good. They are the reason that i havent had a good night sleep in a year (i cant put the books down to go to bed). I think there are like 12 out so far in the series. Im on book 9 or 10.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Cool. For other's benefit, here's the first one, Amazon product ASIN B0082V0ZHM@Edgewriter

Cool. For other's benefit, here's the first one, Amazon product ASIN B0082V0ZHM@Edgewriter
They are so good. I emailed him a month or so ago and tried to get him back into jazzfanz but it obviously didn't work. He said once in a great while he will come to the board.

We mostly talked about the book characters and who I like the best (Fist) and stuff like that. He seems happy to be doing what he loves and I'm happy (and a bit jealous) for him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If i could choose 1st round series based on how entertaining i thought they would be, the playoffs would be this way

1-8 Gs vs OKC. Fun basketball and best matchup.
2-7 Den vs San . denver tears are the best.
3-6 Hou vs clippers. Doc vs chris paul, cheering for the clippers feels wrong.
4-5 Jazz vs Braziers . sorry Dame, can you insist on a trade to Utah in July?

If i could choose 1st round series based on how entertaining i thought they would be, the playoffs would be this way

1-8 Gs vs OKC. Fun basketball and best matchup.
2-7 Den vs San . denver tears are the best.
3-6 Hou vs clippers. Doc vs chris paul, cheering for the clippers feels wrong.
4-5 Jazz vs Braziers . sorry Dame, can you insist on a trade to Utah in July?
Decent chance you get your wish. Me too as that is how I want it to end up

We are sooooo close to a perfect setup for the post-season that it seems inevitable that we end up with Houston in the first round instead...

Getting knocked out in the second round isn't a perfect setup. But it's nice that the Jazz are likely to have a first round series they're favored to win.

I like the matchup against Portland so much that I’m actually worried about it.

Lillard just pissed off about getting swept last year. Some dumb *** Kanter redemption side story, even though he’s the bad guy. Something...

But my eyes tell me we should be able to just completely overpower them. Unless everyone just went cold, and Mitchell was consistently bad in big moments. Which we have never really seen before.

Lillard just pissed off about getting swept last year. Some dumb *** Kanter redemption side story, even though he’s the bad guy. Something...

But my eyes tell me we should be able to just completely overpower them. Unless everyone just went cold, and Mitchell was consistently bad in big moments. Which we have never really seen before.

He should've got mad after he was down 0-2 at home last playoffs. I'm not sure being mad matters.

He should've got mad after he was down 0-2 at home last playoffs. I'm not sure being mad matters.
Like I said, feels like a five-gamer. But no way I’m gonna let myself feel overconfident and set up for a huge letdown.

Even if Gobert was styling on Kanter at both ends all game I’d still be clutching my pearls anytime Lillard had the ball. Especially at our place, how much hate is he really gonna get? It will probably be the perfect mix of appreciation and loudness from the crowd, he’ll thrive on it.

Honestly we would just need Lillard and McCollum to not go off from 3 and I think we beat them.
If those two are cold from deep we beat them easy.
If they are average from deep then we beat them but it's difficult.
It they are hot from 3 then we are screwed.

Obviously that's over simplifying it but I do think how those two shoot from 3 is the biggest factor in the series.

What's McCollum's timeframe for a return?
Slowly but surely, it appears the talented shooting guard is trending towards a potential return. As Casey Holdahl of the team’s official website revealed, McCollum traveled with the team ahead of Friday’s game against the Denver Nuggets. Beyond that, he also told Holdahl that he took part in some 3-on-3 earlier in the week.

CJ McCollum’s Potential Return Timeline

It’s unknown how realistic McCollum’s return during the regular season is. Following Friday’s game against Denver, the Blazers will face them once again on Sunday back in Portland. From there, the team has just two games remaining before the playoffs begin. If McCollum sat through the rest of the regular season, it would give him more than one week of time to prepare.

That's all I could find. Seems kinda day to day and uncertain but from what I can gather it seems that he is done the the regular season but will be ready for the first game of the playoffs.

Hopefully he will be rusty

Call me satisfied if the Jazz go for a 50+ win season, gets out of the 1st round and at least give the current champs a bit of trouble.
No doubt.
We are easily the best team in the league without an all star. Sons a bitches
I'm still pretty salty about the Gobert snubbing