What's new

Utah Jazz @ Dallas Mavericks Friday 1/27 6:30pm (MT)

Last four games Hayward is shooting 22%, and yet Ty keeps playing him. I never thought I would write this, but WHERE IS CJ MILES?

What the heck Hayward, you are paid to shoot the ball.

He is playing excellent defense, excellent running the offense, he is chick sh&t to shoot..... aaaaaaaahhhhhh.

They got lucky with Kidd out, they need to pull this one out.

PS - Bolerjack seems to think that "The Kid" is a nickname for Jason Kidd. It never has been. Not sure why he keeps saying that.

Exact reason I hate Jefferson.... Lose ball and he doesn't even try for it. Just points and it's Mavs ball.

He himself has given up 6 second chance points by not doing basic things.

Exact reason I hate Jefferson.... Lose ball and he doesn't even try for it. Just points and it's Mavs ball.

He himself has given up 6 second chance points by not doing basic things.

Agree, why he did not grab that ball is beyond me.

Devin Harris is playing good at least. Just tighten up the defense and we are in good shape. Keep Beabouis in front of the rim and force him to beat us with his jumper.

This was a post I made after the win in Denver:
Play I absolutely LOVED!

1. 2nd-quarter there was a jump ball between Nene and Big Al at the offensive end, Al controlled the tap but Harris was beaten to the spot by Ty Lawson who took off to the other end. Raja Bell didn't quit on the play, raced back, challened Lawson at the rim and forced a miss. Afflalo got the rebound but Hayward raced back and challenged Affalo's layup to force another miss that Bell rebounded. That a statistic doesn't show up in the box score but Utah saved 2 points just because Raja and Hayward ran the floor defensively.
Well tonight in the first half we turned it over, and gave Jason Terry the ball in transition with Josh Howard back on defense. Instead of attempting to draw the charge, challenge Terry or at worst, taking a foul - the 6-7 Howard simply backed away and let Terry lay the ball in the basket. Not only is that weak and soft, you're giving one of the great streak-shooters in the game an easy layup that can ignite players like Terry. If the Jazz want to take the next step they need all their guys to make winning basketball plays, not just go 1-on-1 and look to score.

This was a post I made after the win in Denver:

Well tonight in the first half we turned it over, and gave Jason Terry the ball in transition with Josh Howard back on defense. Instead of attempting to draw the charge, challenge Terry or at worst, taking a foul - the 6-7 Howard simply backed away and let Terry lay the ball in the basket. Not only is that weak and soft, you're giving one of the great streak-shooters in the game an easy layup that can ignite players like Terry. If the Jazz want to take the next step they need all their guys to make winning basketball plays, not just go 1-on-1 and look to score.

What is going to ignite a jump shooter more: two free throws or a lay-up?

Why are we doubling anyone in the post? And why are we doubling and leaving their best shooter wide open?