What's new

Utah Jazz @ Dallas Mavericks Friday 1/27 6:30pm (MT)

Lets be honest. The Jazz are not a great passing team or a great shooting team. We play adequate defense and rebound fairly well. We can score on the block. But Dallas is a much more versatile and polished team.

Lamar Odom is a nice, versatile player--can shoot, can rebound, can pass, can handle. Not really great at any of it, but decent.

bench the whole starting five in the last quarter if they are not ready to compete and fight, simple as that.

I would punch Cuban if I had the opportunity. Nothing but a rich nerd that always dreamed about hanging out with the jocks. Get off the bench you nut hugger!

Wonder if KOC will pull the trigger on a Howard or CJ deal... get Burks on the court. At worst he's as inconsistent as those 2 at best he's a difference make who hasn't blown all his chances

The good...

Kanter showed his potential tonight. That last spin move and reverse was pretty. I'll ignore the air all earlier but he just dominated inside and played solid to above par D tonight.

Gordon also played well overall. Played great D and hit some jumpers

Favors hit his FTs and played well overall

Millsap played hard and had a nice game for the most part

Just a pretty dull game by the Jazz from the start. We had a nice run towards the end of the 3rd, but that bad decision by Hayward really halted our momentum then it was a steep decline from there.

Thought Kanter played well and Favors had some nice defensive moments and some nice passes. Poor production by Howard, Miles, and Watson for the most part. Hayward had a solid game, but I want to see him be more aggressive with his outside shooting. This team sorely needs some perimeter shooting.

What's the most frustrating is that we're seeing some promise from the 4 lottery picks, but nothing "great." I still fear we'll be left with #4-#5-type starters or backups.

At this point, I'm neither here nor there on Miles. Fine with me if we trade him. I'm a broken record, but this team could be quite good with a dynamic PG and a multi-talented scoring wing.