What's new

Utah Jazz Players in the FIBA World Cup(in China)

We'll see. Rudy scored 6 points yesterday posting up.
I know that. And lol.

I saw him in the summer league so a post up, turnaround fadeaway from 15 feet. Looked like hakeem.
You know how many of those he has attempted in his career? Zero.
I saw a video of him drilling threes. You know how many he has attempted in the NBA? Zero.
The coaches see him everyday in practice. I'm sure he occasionally posts up in practice but they take the results of that data and decide that the team is better with gobert not posting up or shooting from the outside.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mitchell playing PG. Thank goodness he'll be passing the ball to Bogdanovic for the Jazz instead of Jalen Brown. Check out the gravity to draw 3 defenders and get Brown an open look.

Got any stats doe?
Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ok, I looked it up here it goes game by game.
Game 1. Rudy 11pts, 9reb, 0ast, 1stl, 1blk ( -13 +/-)
Capela 16pts, 12reb, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk ( +10 +/-) Capela with better stats.

Game 2. Rudy 15pts, 14reb, 0ast, 0st, 3blk ( -1 +/-)
Capela 21pts, 11reb, 2ast, 1stl, 2blk ( +4 +/-) very close, can call it a tie.

Game 3. Rudy 12pts, 9reb, 2ast, 0stl, 2blk ( -23 +/-)
Capela 11pts, 8reb, 4ast,2stl, 4blk ( +28+/-) need to give it to Capela due to huge difference in +/- and that Rudy got his stats in more minutes when Capela was sitting during blowout)

Game 4. Rudy 11pts, 10reb, 0ast, 1stl,3blk ( -27 +/-)
Capela 12pts, 15reb, 2ast,2stl, 6blk ( +3 +/-) Capela with better stats

Game 5. Rudy 12pts, 9reb, 0ast, 1stl, 5blk ( +2 +/-)
Capela 5pts, 5reb, 0ast, 3stl, 5 blk ( +4 +/-) Rudy with better stats.

So overall Capela outplayed Rudy in 3 games , 1 game was a close tie and 1 game Rudy was better. Plus Capela was positive in every game he was on the floor while Rudy was mostly negative in all games but 1. Not really a top 3 center performance no matter how you will look at it. Could it be just matchup? Very likely - but that was all my point that he needs to develop more versatile offensive game including post game and mid range game to be able to be more effective vs those type of matchups.

uh generally speaking Rudy owns Jokic and usually considerably slows down pretty much every other elite centre. Yes these players are so good they do have really good games on Rudy. But en mass he really affects them. This thread is garbage

Ok, I looked it up here it goes game by game.
Game 1. Rudy 11pts, 9reb, 0ast, 1stl, 1blk ( -13 +/-)
Capela 16pts, 12reb, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk ( +10 +/-) Capela with better stats.

Game 2. Rudy 15pts, 14reb, 0ast, 0st, 3blk ( -1 +/-)
Capela 21pts, 11reb, 2ast, 1stl, 2blk ( +4 +/-) very close, can call it a tie.

Game 3. Rudy 12pts, 9reb, 2ast, 0stl, 2blk ( -23 +/-)
Capela 11pts, 8reb, 4ast,2stl, 4blk ( +28+/-) need to give it to Capela due to huge difference in +/- and that Rudy got his stats in more minutes when Capela was sitting during blowout)

Game 4. Rudy 11pts, 10reb, 0ast, 1stl,3blk ( -27 +/-)
Capela 12pts, 15reb, 2ast,2stl, 6blk ( +3 +/-) Capela with better stats

Game 5. Rudy 12pts, 9reb, 0ast, 1stl, 5blk ( +2 +/-)
Capela 5pts, 5reb, 0ast, 3stl, 5 blk ( +4 +/-) Rudy with better stats.

So overall Capela outplayed Rudy in 3 games , 1 game was a close tie and 1 game Rudy was better. Plus Capela was positive in every game he was on the floor while Rudy was mostly negative in all games but 1. Not really a top 3 center performance no matter how you will look at it. Could it be just matchup? Very likely - but that was all my point that he needs to develop more versatile offensive game including post game and mid range game to be able to be more effective vs those type of matchups.
If you'ree using raw stats to make any conclusions about centers in the NBA today you are a moron

If you'ree using raw stats to make any conclusions about centers in the NBA

You can cook those stats, put some salt, garlic and pepper on them, eat it and expel it out of your cowardly liar *** and they will still show that Capela outplayed him in that series.

uh generally speaking Rudy owns Jokic and usually considerably slows down pretty much every other elite centre. Yes these players are so good they do have really good games on Rudy. But en mass he really affects them.

That was not the point. Read one more time what that idiot declared.

it's worthy saying that Capela has no real outside shooting and no real post game. what he really has ahead of rudy ? speed. guy can run the floor the way his team is designed too

maybe rudy could use having harden on his team, but would Capela be able to make an adjustment to start denying harden floaters ?

that was all my point that he needs to develop more versatile offensive game including post game and mid range game to be able to be more effective vs those type of matchups.

A few points:
- Rudy will never develop an elite post game or mid range jumper to actually make them part of the offense. He can use one or two tricks here and there, but that's it.
- it's easy to copy and paste stats and support's one argument. It's harder to come up with a good basketball analysis. Rudy is a better player than Capela. But Capela had slightly better stats in the series. Why?. Because how Utah defended Harden. Rudy was in a tough spot, oftentimes in no man's land on defense. Rudy had to defend Harden's layup attempts while stopping Capela's dunk. Capella just chilled in the dunkers spot the whole series. From game 3 Rudy was better in his timing, waiting until the last second to defend Harden. He was a monster.
- Capela was unplayable against GSW. Got killed on switches. Non factor on offense (GSW always had a body on him to stop the lob). He was exposed. You won't see that happening to Rudy as he is a far superior player on defense.

Last edited:
- Rudy will never develop an elite post game or mid range jumper to actually make them part of the offense. He can use one or two tricks here and there, but that's it.
I want Rudy to develop a post game which allow him to attack and score when he's switched on by a smaller player. From what I've seen, he does okay (i.e. scores) if he's guarded by guards if he gets the ball really close to the basket, but if he's guarded by e.g. James Harden and is too far away to just dunk over him, he has trouble taking advantage. That's where you see more polished centers do a much better job IMHO.

Reactions: MVP
I want Rudy to develop a post game which allow him to attack and score when he's switched on by a smaller player. From what I've seen, he does okay (i.e. scores) if he's guarded by guards if he gets the ball really close to the basket, but if he's guarded by e.g. James Harden and is too far away to just dunk over him, he has trouble taking advantage. That's where you see more polished centers do a much better job IMHO.
Yeah, it would be nice for him to have some polished moves, but it's very unlikely to happen. I don't see it and it seems the Jazz coaches either. If he develops a move, it will be as a counter not as a primary offensive weapon (as some suggests he should create from the post). Rudy have some issues against smaller but strong players like Harden. He struggles to gain positioning and get close to the basket as you mention (probably due to his high center of gravity)

Harden is very adept at guarding post ups. His PPP defending the post is actually the best in the NBA.