What's new

Utah Jazz Players in the FIBA World Cup(in China)

Bloody hell it doesn't take an ounce of basketball IQ to realize him having a move down low would be beneficial. Lol a center with floater. Name one HoF center with a floater. I can name many with a post move.
How many of those hall of famers were goberts height and weight though?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How many of those hall of famers were goberts height and weight though?

Gobert- 7'2" 245
Hakeem- 7'0" 256
David Robinson 7'1" 235
Kareem- 7'2" 225
Russel- 6'10" 220
Ewing 7' 240"
Duncan 7'0" 250

So in other words most of them. Again this doesn't take a huge understanding of basketball. I'm sorry to sound like a jerk but it's common sense that a post move would help Gobert. Your turn how many even all-star Centers had a floater?

Steve ****ing Adams. I seriously just laughed my *** off. I actually like Adams post game tbh.
That shot is wet. So you laugh at him but you like his game?. Wtf. And regarding your list, Rudy is not going to become Hakeem or Robinson. He is not good enough (and will never be elite) to make him create from the post. Players don't become elite at something out of the blue One shot on the move (and maybe a short hook) should help him, but that's it (like in that Adams video).

Adams, a 7’0″ center from New Zealand, is a player who knows where his strengths are. He does very little to deviate from them when on the court. While other big men are developing their long-range games, Adams has been developing his post game and as a result is becoming very hard to defend.

https://qrewcial.com/steven-adams-keeping-the-center-position-in-the-middle/

Gobert is not Steven Adams. He is not as strong nor possesses that soft touch. But he could use a push shoot/floater in limited opportunities when the defense collapses on the roll. Just like Adams in the video. But you want Rudy to DUNK. Get alleys ops. Thats the most efficient shot in basketball.

Gobert- 7'2" 245
Hakeem- 7'0" 256
David Robinson 7'1" 235
Kareem- 7'2" 225
Russel- 6'10" 220
Ewing 7' 240"
Duncan 7'0" 250

So in other words most of them. Again this doesn't take a huge understanding of basketball. I'm sorry to sound like a jerk but it's common sense that a post move would help Gobert. Your turn how many even all-star Centers had a floater?

Again I haven't said that a post move wouldn't help gobert.
And sorry but those listings are not accurate.
I watched ewing, hakeem, Robinson, and Kareem (a little) and they weren't as skinny as gobert.

Fact is that no matter how much gobert works on a post game it isn't going to be any good like those players. He is too tall and skinny. To easy to push and throw off balance

Again I haven't said that a post move wouldn't help gobert.
And sorry but those listings are not accurate.
I watched ewing, hakeem, Robinson, and Kareem (a little) and they weren't as skinny as gobert.

Fact is that no matter how much gobert works on a post game it isn't going to be any good like those players. He is too tall and skinny. To easy to push and throw off balance

Gonna have to agree to disagree. A center posting up has been a basic fundamental since creation. A center with a floater is basically non existent. I can guarantee you that Gobert has scored more posting up than floating the ball. It's common sense that's it's a better shot.

Last edited:
Gonna have to agree to disagree. A center posting up has been a basic fundamental since creation.

Not all centers. You are generalizing.
How much post up scoring did dikembe do? Eaton? Manute bol? Tyson Chandler? Ben Wallace?
Rudy isn't good at posting up and scoring. He won't ever be.

I guarantee you we would all love for Rudy to be offensively similar to hakeem, Duncan, Robinson, Ewing, etc. But he won't be. I promise you that.

While I do think it would be nice for Gobert to have some good offensive moves, just like I think it would be great if Exum had a three point shot, I do realize that it's probably not that realistic and we can get more traction with what he's doing. Two things that I'd like to see that I think would give us more traction than any offensive move would be increasing his FT% to 75+%, and to punish teams when there's a small-ball 5 on him or a smaller guy on switches. That's it. If he can do those two things, we're talking a minimum 8-peat.

Not all centers. You are generalizing.
How much post up scoring did dikembe do? Eaton? Manute bol? Tyson Chandler? Ben Wallace?
Rudy isn't good at posting up and scoring. He won't ever be.

I guarantee you we would all love for Rudy to be offensively similar to hakeem, Duncan, Robinson, Ewing, etc. But he won't be. I promise you that.

That's probably why we disagree so adamantly. I think Gobert could be force down low and has the tools. All it takes is one maybe two go-to post moves. A sky hook would do him wonders.

Lol. Post moves or not, no one center today affects a game as well as Gobert, and for that reason he is easily the #1 center in the game right now. Not debatable!!

That's probably why we disagree so adamantly. I think Gobert could be force down low and has the tools. All it takes is one maybe two go-to post moves. A sky hook would do him wonders.
He doesn't have the tools. He won't be a force down low in the post. Don't you think quin would unleashed that force if he could?

Good news is that it doesn't matter. Players can have flaws and be hall of famers and champions. If you are really really good at what you can do then what you can't do doesn't matter much.

I think it's a fundamental skill for a guard to be able to drive to the rim. Think of Wade, Jordan, Kobe, Nash, Stockton, etc.
Yet Reggie Miller is a hall of famer. Bruce Bowen has championships.
Ben Wallace and Tyson Chandler have championships (and Rudy is better than both of them)

Just forget about this dream of yours where Rudy is posting up a lot and scoring. I promise you it won't happen. This isn't my opinion either. It's just a fact. I would love it if Rudy became awesome in the post. He won't though. I'm probably the biggest Rudy fan there is too btw.

He doesn't have the tools. He won't be a force down low in the post. Don't you think quin would unleashed that force if he could?

Good news is that it doesn't matter. Players can have flaws and be hall of famers and champions. If you are really really good at what you can do then what you can't do doesn't matter much.

I think it's a fundamental skill for a guard to be able to drive to the rim. Think of Wade, Jordan, Kobe, Nash, Stockton, etc.
Yet Reggie Miller is a hall of famer. Bruce Bowen has championships.
Ben Wallace and Tyson Chandler have championships (and Rudy is better than both of them)

Just forget about this dream of yours where Rudy is posting up a lot and scoring. I promise you it won't happen. This isn't my opinion either. It's just a fact. I would love it if Rudy became awesome in the post. He won't though. I'm probably the biggest Rudy fan there is too btw.

We'll see. Rudy scored 6 points yesterday posting up.

Gobert has an extremely high center of gravity since a ton of his height comes from his legs. He’s not built to bully into post position, and he doesn’t have great touch. He does a lot of simple, little things better than anyone and it makes them huge things, and this is shown by his efficiency, his +/-, and his team record. He can improve, and he does in little ways every year. A move to beat a mismatch would be great and I think all we can reasonably hope for regarding his creating shots for himself.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to how all of this plays out so long as none of the players get hurt or worn down.