What's new

Utah Jazz @ Portland Bushwhackers, 8:30PM Mountain on ESPN

Please read through other rookies and see how MOST are going through the same struggles. This is not rocket science. Sure there are the few who exceed expectations, but a rookie struggling is nothing new.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2018.html
A rookie struggling is nothing new but if that rookie is a 4 year college vet coming into the NBA at age 23 and still isn't that good then history suggests that there's a clear ceiling for a player like that compared to a 19 year old rookie who is struggling. I think that's the point @nateboz is trying to make.

Please read through other rookies and see how MOST are going through the same struggles. This is not rocket science. Sure there are the few who exceed expectations, but a rookie struggling is nothing new.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2018.html
No, I get that the rookie class isn't doing a that great. That said I don't see the upside in Allen's game. He's not going to change much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A rookie struggling is nothing new but if that rookie is a 4 year college vet coming into the NBA at age 23 and still isn't that good then history suggests that there's a clear ceiling for a player like that compared to a 19 year old rookie who is struggling. I think that's the point @nateboz is trying to make.
This, thanks.

Greyson is slow. He isn't quick. He wont ever adjust to game speed. Put Allen against any starting point in the NBA and he's toast. He's to short to play the 2 guard so he's going to have to play a majority of his minutes at the point.

Yup, people cant work on getting faster. Might as well cut him

Joe was a rookie with 8 years of experience, he even won a championship in Australia and an EuroLeague. He also struggled his first year and a half.

It's a terrible point. I'm not trying to be a jerk but to expect a rookie of any age to come in and be impactful is a reach. Especially one picked in the 20's. He was picked late for a reason. Expecting him to be a cog in the puzzle his rookie year is terrible. I'm not saying he's going to be good, but to judge the guy already is completely unfair.

It's a terrible point. I'm not trying to be a jerk but to expect a rookie of any age to come in and be impactful is a reach. Especially one picked in the 20's. He was picked late for a reason. Expecting him to be a cog in the puzzle his rookie year is terrible. I'm not saying he's going to be good, but to judge the guy already is completely unfair.
Chauncey Billups looked like a bad pick when he was on the celtics. Give him a few years and he transformed becoming a finals mvp, and 4? time allstar. Just because he is struggling now, doesn't mean he wont turn into a solid role player in the league

Joe was a rookie with 8 years of experience, he even won a championship in Australia and an EuroLeague. He also struggled his first year and a half.
Joe wasn't a big scorer, he was a positive net player on the floor though. He did a ton of little things and was a really good passer that helped the offense. His defense has always been good too.

Portland looked like they were playing a slow team tonight. Portland just looked so much faster. They need Dante and Donovan on the floor together against Portland otherwise they look like a slow team that can't compete with there speed and movement. I hope this is a wake-up call to a lot of people that thought look how good we're. They beat denver. But I feel like a team like Denver suits Utah better.

Before the game Tony Jones sounded pessimistic about the game, trying to explain an L wouldn't be the end of the world. He must have known something we didn't.

Utah struggles defending five-out lineups: MIL, MEM, DEN, ORL, TOR, PHI and POR (tonight). They managed beat to another five out team in MIN twice recently but couldn't stop them either.

Before the game Tony Jones sounded pessimistic about the game, trying to explain an L wouldn't be the end of the world. He must have known something we didn't.

Utah struggles defending five-out lineups: MIL, MEM, DEN, ORL, TOR, PHI and POR (tonight). They managed beat to another five out team in MIN twice recently but couldn't stop them either.
MIN cant be a 5 out team because they have Andrew Wiggins. I smell fake news

tenor.gif

Lol.
Thats some acting (or over acting) right there. The emotion!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app