What's new

Utah Jazz VS LA Clippers Friday 12/28/12 @ 7:00 ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM

Yea because his shooting percentages are so good. So Burks can get to the rim but he hasn't proven he can finish yet. He has potential but right now he hasn't proven that he can take guys off the dribble and drain jump shots or finish consistently at the rim.

In your previous post you said that we have no wing players that can create thier own shot.... myself (and most others) think that burks can create his own shot. (i have seen him do it many many times, so it has already been proven to me)

Even in your own post right here you say burks can get to the rim.
His shooting percentages will come up with consistent playing time.... case in point: last night 100% from the line.

big al, how come you always have to spoil a good run when we're playing against a team with stars? those freethrows were coldblooded but that foul was unprofessional. I know he has to block his way but what kind of a foul is that any way. if it was a layup, it might also be a convert and one.

Its so easy to beat the Jazz. Just allow Al Jefferson to get the ball, let him shoot his 50% ISO game, and just do transition offense when he misses. THey wont have anyone on D

Guess who was dead-last in +/- tonight. It's too good.

Wow, Foye at -18 despite scoring 28 and your team only losing by 2. Is that some kind of record? But he is now firmly solidified in Ty's mind as one of those solid vets we need to rely on to forge our way to the top. We beat the Spurs donchya know?

I said I get that Favors as a defensive sub would have made sense. I thought both Favors and Kanter played excellent D. But Favors was a nightmare on offense and Kanter wasn't much better. That run we made in the 2nd (and holding serve in the early 4th) was all about the break. But on offense, those dudes were terrible. 6 TO's in 30 combined minutes.

Kanter had 2 TO ... to go with his 2-3 fgs, 4-4 fts, 8 pts, 5 rbs, 2 st, and 1 bs -- all in half the playing time that Millsap got. Kanter was by far the best big man the Jazz had in the game, and Corbin played him a whopping 14 minutes.

Hayward guarding Chris Paul in the 4th?

Who's the genius responsible for that?

You don't have that specific matchup in crunch time unless by design.

The Jazz are idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting Hayward on Chris Paul sealed the win for the Clippers.

I really hope you are just joking. Haward actually did an excellent job on CP3. Our other pg were getting destroyed by Paul to the point that it was embarrassing to watch. Hayward is the only guy we have that can remotely slow down a top shelf pg.

Putting Hayward on Chris Paul sealed the win for the Clippers.
The problem down the stretch was Big Al with the stupid ticky-tacky foul.

Hayward was a smart choice.

If TyCo were smart, he'd give Hayward and Burks 10 minutes each at the point--especially against PGs who are faster than Tinsley and Watson.

Which comprise most of the PGs in the NBA.

Kanter had 2 TO ... to go with his 2-3 fgs, 4-4 fts, 8 pts, 5 rbs, 2 st, and 1 bs -- all in half the playing time that Millsap got. Kanter was by far the best big man the Jazz had in the game, and Corbin played him a whopping 14 minutes.
At least Corbin is carrying on the Sloanian tradition of live-or-die-by-your-starters.

Key difference: Sloan's starters included two top 50 players for most of his time here.

When those top 50 players left and Sloan continued that flawed strategy, success slipped--most of the time.

More effective strategy:
-- Analyze matchups and player/rotation combinations. Revise and repeat.
-- See what works early (and what worked in the last 1(0) minute(s). And on the last play.)
-- Make adjustments.
-- Don't worry about getting your regular rotation playing time. Make them earn it.
-- Give young guys minutes, especially when they are performing and/or the regular rotation isn't.
-- Watch your team get deeper and more experienced fast. And watch the close wins fall your way.

Just have to hope KOC and Lindsey save Ty from himself and trade some of the veterans that make up this dumpster fire of a team. When Burks is consistently cracking 20 minutes and Favors and Kanter are in the 25 range I'll be happy.

Just have to hope KOC and Lindsey save Ty from himself and trade some of the veterans that make up this dumpster fire of a team. When Burks is consistently cracking 20 minutes and Favors and Kanter are in the 25 range I'll be happy.

All of this.

At least Corbin is carrying on the Sloanian tradition of live-or-die-by-your-starters.

Key difference: Sloan's starters included two top 50 players for most of his time here.

When those top 50 players left and Sloan continued that flawed strategy, success slipped--most of the time.

More effective strategy:
-- See what works early (and what worked in the last 1(0) minute(s). And on the last play.)
-- Make adjustments.
-- Don't worry about getting your regular rotation playing time. Make them earn it.
-- Give young guys minutes, especially when they are performing and/or the regular rotation isn't.
-- Watch your team get deeper and more experienced fast. And watch the close wins fall your way.

Great post.
repped.

More effective strategy:
-- Make adjustments.

Here's a couple for Ty regarding the Clips/Jazz:

1. Sap cannot defend Griffin one whit. Continually embarassed. It ain't gonna change.

2. Tinsley and Watson versus CP3: ditto. Whatever they be giving you on O, they are more than giving back on D, at least if Cp3 wants to take advantage.

Does anyone else have this strange feeling that Sundays game will be really really bad?

I'm fearful of an embarrassing blowout.
No, I was talking to the TV in the 2nd Qtr saying mind as well blow them out because win by 2 or 20 or lose the Clipps will blow the Jazz out in LA.

LOL!

Jazz on the road?

This is going to be a blowout.
If I were a betting man, I'd take the Clippers regardless of the spread.

That said, I know exactly what's going to happen. Clippers are going to have a bad game. Jazz will miraculously pull out a win. KOC and Dennis "The Invisible Man" Lindsey will use the Clippers game, the win against the Spurs and the victories over the Lakers (no matter they were without Nash) as reasons to keep the team and coaching staff together, declaring "see what we can do when everyone is on the same page and giving 100%?. We're capabel of beating any team in the league."