What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

I don't think it really does. People want Lou Will because he is a vet with playoff experience having a career year. They want him as, in most likelihood, as a pure rental. With Hood you probably arent expecting a great return on investment right away, it's a long-term play. I really don't think the Hood market and the Lou Will market had all that much overlap. But maybe.
Yea, I can see that, but I'm sure pulling one of the headlining shooting wings off the market doesn't hurt.

Cavs fans seem to think that Rubio, Favors, and Hood for IT, Frye, JR/Shump, and Cavs own pick gets it done. It is going to be long and terrifying night for them starting next year. . .
Of course they would but that trade for the Jazz is just horrible.

According to my calculation, only keeping Gobert, Mitchell, Ingles, Bradley and Udoh,...

We will have a total of $46m in cap space.

Who can we lure with that amount of money?

Shaq ... we're one of the 3 teams he didn't play with in the end, and he wants to rectify that

The Warriors are also reportedly after him. Yah he's a real scrub.... (sarcastic).
He'll be a rotation guy for them but would start for us. Big difference.

AB for AB sure but I wouldn't give up much to get him. GMs should proceed with caution with anyone coming out of that Brad Stevens system.

I've been talking this trade up for months and still think its what we should do:

Favors for Frye, Osman and Cavs' 2018 1st

Cavs should do it too. Favors is perfect for them considering their defensive issues, financial situation, Love injury, etc. Maybe we throw in our 2nd, but I don't think that might be necessary.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Thabo is done for the year so he doesn't help us at all this year.

Herzonja is no gamble at all really. We get to test drive him the rest of this season and he helps us more than Thabo does. If Herzonja fits, we keep him for wing depth. If he doesn't, we lose him for a future 2nd.

To argue this idea is arguing just to argue.

I think trading Thabo's expiring and a future 2nd rounder for Herzonja is worth the gamble especially if we trade Hood.

https://www.sportando.com/m/en/usa/nba/264045/magic-shopping-elfrid-payton-and-mario-hezonja.html

If we trade Thabo and Orlando declines his option for next year, we can re-sign him in the offseason.

gun-in-mouth-gif-10.gif

So trading a hurt player and future 2nd is not worth a shot at a recent lottery pick?

Some of you guys are absolute morons. With all due respect