What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Bad news is Jazz have to see a lot more of Boban. That guy seems to kill it against us.

Sarcasm alert? Favors killed him last time. Eve without DF, he has no chance against Rudy
I don't think that. Detroit, like it's been reported time and time again, wants to win now. They have a new arena that's empty. I could see Detroit throwing us an unprotected future 1st and Stanley Johnson out there for Hood. He actually fits that roster with Drummond and Griffen very well.

But they just traded their 1st. They have to convey it in order to trade another 1st

Last edited:
But they just traded their 1st. They have to convey it in order to trade another 1st

They traded their 2018 1st rounder for Blake Griffen. It's conceivable that they trade their 2020 1st rounder in another deal.
When you look at their roster, you realize that they have to make another substantial deal for a wing.

I think Detroit's unprotected 1st in 2020 and Stanley Johnson is a fantastic deal for Hood.

Luke Kennard and Stanley Johnson for Hood and Neto?

I think Jazz could find a better deal than that for Hood. But that is the best Detroit could offer and I am sure they would go for that.

Luke Kennard and Stanley Johnson for Hood and Neto?

I think Jazz could find a better deal than that for Hood. But that is the best Detroit could offer and I am sure they would go for that.

That is worth considering.

Regardless - we have to try to take advantage of Detroit right now. They are desperate, don't seem to care about contract size and we have pieces. We might be able to turn Burks into an asset at this point.

Wow, even worse for Clippers. I think they could have got more for Blake. I dont see that team going anywhere but tanking the next few years.

Wow, even worse for Clippers. I think they could have got more for Blake. I dont see that team going anywhere but tanking the next few years.

If I were to guess, it's probably top 8 or 10 protected. I expect Detroit to be better than the protection and give the pick this year. I don't understand why LA would have traded Griffen away otherwise.

They traded their 2018 1st rounder for Blake Griffen. It's conceivable that they trade their 2020 1st rounder in another deal.
When you look at their roster, you realize that they have to make another substantial deal for a wing.

I think Detroit's unprotected 1st in 2020 and Stanley Johnson is a fantastic deal for Hood.

I think you are getting this wrong. Since the pick has protections, Detroit has to surrender that pick first before it makes another trade involving a 1st. So they have lost any flexibility using first rounders in trades. If the current pick conveys in 2018 (likely), Det will be able to trade their 2020 1st in 2019 at the earliest. That's one of the reason people here didn't want to use a protected 1st in the Mirotic trade. You lose flexibility in trades.

If I were to guess, it's probably top 8 or 10 protected. I expect Detroit to be better than the protection and give the pick this year. I don't understand why LA would have traded Griffen away otherwise.

Protected 1-4 in 2018 according to Woj

Woj my friend. Top 1-4 so it's likely to convey in the upcoming draft

Time to go get Niko now that Detroit is out of the mix. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz try to make a move for Lou Will either. Quin loves him. And we might be able to get him for peanuts.

Yeah, detroit has a decent to good chance of making the playoffs and seem intent on that. So they just traded their star player Blake Griffin for basically Tobias Harris and a non lottery pick.

That might be one of the worst trades for an all-star level player ever. Especially one that in under contract for 4 more years. I am guessing Griffin demanded a trade and LAC worked fast before too much leaked and hurt his trade value.

Indy got more for PG13 and was thought of as a 1 year rental.

Yeah, detroit has a decent to good chance of making the playoffs and seem intent on that. So they just traded their star player Blake Griffin for basically Tobias Harris and a non lottery pick.

That might be one of the worst trades for an all-star level player ever. Especially one that in under contract for 4 more years. I am guessing Griffin demanded a trade and LAC worked fast before too much leaked and hurt his trade value.

Indy got more for PG13 and was thought of as a 1 year rental.

Clippers' fans' discussion seems to focus on Blake's personality becoming so toxic that they wanted him out. Who knows what's really true, though.

The sad part about BG and DJ leaving LA is that there will be no more Milos's alley oops (except for Harrell)

I don't think that. Detroit, like it's been reported time and time again, wants to win now. They have a new arena that's empty. I could see Detroit throwing us an unprotected future 1st and Stanley Johnson out there for Hood. He actually fits that roster with Drummond and Griffen very well.
They can't afford to sign Hood next year genius. Detroit isnt paying buke luxury tax dollars for a fanbase that only fills up half the arena.