What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

@Cy if we trade Hood to LAC we better be getting Patrick MF Beverley.

Hey Cy, you don't know anything. I speculate but I'm also not a prick.

Detroit is not done. And if they were as scared as you about finances, they wouldn't have just gotten Blake Griffen.

I repeat, you know nothing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Clippers are also motivated to miss the playoffs since Celtics own their pick if they make the playoffs this year or next year. After that its just a 2nd.

Clippers are also motivated to miss the playoffs since Celtics own their pick if they make the playoffs this year or next year. After that its just a 2nd.

Good point, forgot that. Makes sense to tank out unless you're in the top 5-6

Hey Cy, you don't know anything. I speculate but I'm also not a prick.

Detroit is not done. And if they were as scared as you about finances, they wouldn't have just gotten Blake Griffen.

I repeat, you know nothing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I know Detroit has a ton of money on the books and they dont make a lot of money as a franchise. The idea of them wanting a volatile RFA contract that could get paid a huge amount of money and cost them exponentially more in tax money, is quite frankly stupid. They also no longer have first round picks to trade. Detroit is no longer on the Jazz's trade radar. Forget about them.

Maybe Chicago just doesn't trade Mirotic? I bet Hood gets traded still but i have no clue where or what for

I'm just glad that a trade finally happened. I bet you see 2-3 more trades happen in the next 48 hours. It will be interesting to see if the Jazz are one of them.

Maybe Chicago just doesn't trade Mirotic? I bet Hood gets traded still but i have no clue where or what for

They don't want him, and that's obvious. If the Bulls are smart, they'd move him now, before his value takes even more of a hit than it has at this point.

Wonder if Utah was in the Blake Conversations? I think a package of Favors, Hood, and Burks is a better package or at least equal to Harris, Bradley, and Marjanovic.

Wonder if Utah was in the Blake Conversations? I think a package of Favors, Hood, and Burks is a better package or at least equal to Harris, Bradley, and Marjanovic.
1. LA probably didnt want to trade Griffin in conference. Given that the two deals arent that different in value (IMO), they probably opt to get Blake to the East.
2. Utah maybe didnt want Blake's huge salary given his injury history

Plus we have Sundance for his film aspirations. I know I would have been excited but very very nervous about his injury/age/contract status.

1. LA probably didnt want to trade Griffin in conference. Given that the two deals arent that different in value (IMO), they probably opt to get Blake to the East.
2. Utah maybe didnt want Blake's huge salary given his injury history

That contract has potential to be an absolute albatross. He could be a superstar there though and it might work out... I just don’t think we are desperate enough to go all in.

This will help our pursuit of Mirotic... gonna end up being expirings and 2 seconds.

This trade is also a hint at how cap flexibility and first round picks are now valued.

Really interesting stuff