What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Yup. SVG hit the 'panic' button, 'let's try to save my job' kind of move. I don't see how BG fits

I wonder if ownership pressured the front office into this a bit. They have a new arena and like 12 people go to their games. Griffin will get butts in the seats.

Not to go too far off topic, but I find it interesting how the NBA is such a major sport in the US, but many cities can’t even fill their arena is on a nightly basis. Compare this to England In which several cities have two or more professional soccer teams each of which has a very strong fan base that routinely fill up stadiums of 20,000+. London, for example, has five Premier league teams each of which draws in the range of around 40 to 50,000 the game: Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, and West Ham United, not to mention teams below the Premier League such as Queens Park Rangers in the Championship. New York City has only two NBA teams and one of them can’t fill its Arena on any kind of a regular basis.

Not to go too far off topic, but I find it interesting how the NBA is such a major sport in the US, but many cities can’t even fill their arena is on a nightly basis. Compare this to England In which several cities have two or more professional soccer teams each of which has a very strong fan base that routinely fill up stadiums of 20,000+. London, for example, has five Premier league teams each of which draws in the range of around 40 to 50,000 per game: Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, and West Ham United, not to mention teams below the Premier League such as Queens Park Rangers in the Championship. New York City has only two NBA teams and one of them can’t fill its Arena on any kind of a regular basis.

Not to go too far off topic, but I find it interesting how the NBA is such a major sport in the US, but many cities can’t even fill their arena is on a nightly basis. Compare this to England In which several cities have two or more professional soccer teams each of which has a very strong fan base that routinely fill up stadiums of 20,000+. London, for example, has five Premier league teams each of which draws in the range of around 40 to 50,000 per game: Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, and West Ham United, not to mention teams below the Premier League such as Queens Park Rangers in the Championship. New York City has only two NBA teams and one of them can’t fill its Arena on any kind of a regular basis.
How many home games do those teams have per season?

And yeah, the NBA is popular, but it isnt soccer in England popular.

This makes a lot more sense... and seems like Jerry West is running the show there now. They're going to trade whoever they can for assets, so that LeBron can come in and basically build the roster how he wants to.

This will help our pursuit of Mirotic... gonna end up being expirings and 2 seconds.

This trade is also a hint at how cap flexibility and first round picks are now valued.

Really interesting stuff
So the question then becomes what the Jazz do with their's in this seller's market.

The LBJ to Clippers rumors make the Favors for Harris idea more possible. If the Clippers trade Jordan, Favors can become the C.

Still dont know how the Clippers get rid of Gallinari. He is a massive roadblock to getting a LBJ super team

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This will help our pursuit of Mirotic... gonna end up being expirings and 2 seconds.

This trade is also a hint at how cap flexibility and first round picks are now valued.

Maybe. I also think a lot of people underestimated how much Blake's injury issues and huge contract detracted from his trade value. If anything, it might mean there are a lot fewer moves made because teams would rather keep their guy if nobody is willing to pay their price. I definitely don't think Hood will now be traded for a 2 2nds, at least I would hope not.

Maybe. I also think a lot of people underestimated how much Blake's injury issues and huge contract detracted from his trade value. If anything, it might mean there are a lot fewer moves made because teams would rather keep their guy if nobody is willing to pay their price. I definitely don't think Hood will now be traded for a 2 2nds, at least I would hope not.

Takes one of the Niko destinations out of play though.

This makes a lot more sense... and seems like Jerry West is running the show there now. They're going to trade whoever they can for assets, so that LeBron can come in and basically build the roster how he wants to.

Lakers make more sense to me if he wants to do that. They have good young guys and space. I hope they rip their team apart for LBJ and he doesn't give them a meeting.

So the question then becomes what the Jazz do with their's in this seller's market.

I think we should use our expirings to take on salary if it means we get picks... not sure those deals are there though.

not that hard to understand 1- soccer is the one main sport that everyone in the UK loves and a truckload of dudes play and 2 - following their soccer team is the one ray of light in the otherwise miserable grey cloudy rainy existence of some 60 million Englishmen and women.

I think we should use our expirings to take on salary if it means we get picks... not sure those deals are there though.
Favors and JJ for Parsons and a pick.

I’m not advocating for it. Just saying it’s there, probably.

I wonder if ownership pressured the front office into this a bit. They have a new arena and like 12 people go to their games. Griffin will get butts in the seats.

Could be. But it's a hell of a risk given the financial commitment, BG injury history and the odd roster makeup. It could backfire.

Last edited:
Now that a trade has gone down, a big one no less, I’m hoping the damn breaks and teams start making moves.

DL hear my cries! All in brother, all in. Bus or Tank makes no damn difference! Just choose one and burn away everything else.

Let’s do this!!!