What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Lol, the Cavs are such a real **** show right now.

Man that guy is a moron. I'm amazed he never hired David Kahn. They should go create an expansion team together and get Ty Corbin to coach it.

Man that guy is a moron. I'm amazed he never hired David Kahn. They should go create an expansion team together and get Ty Corbin to coach it.

He should have done that after the finals run... LBJ is gone... the value on the franchise will tank... he will be left with very expensive contracts.

You are ****ing high.

Porter is probably all-around better, but he is not on another tier and he certainly doesn't belong in the same conversation as Kawhi Leonard. He is a tertiary option that feasts on shots created for him by two other players. Very nice rebounder, defender, and shooter, no doubt.
I'd like to have Porter and fournier, I suppose. It's not that I don't like fournier, I just like Porter better.

The more I look at it, the more I like Porter. Could we get him in a salary dump/save them from the luxury move? Do they like Oubre that much?

Favors, JoeJ, a lottery protected pick and our 2018 2nd for Porter, Frazier (expiring) and Mac (expiring nonguaranteed). http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydgthukq

Washington gets under the luxury limit with this deal. And even though he is a solid player, $25+ for Porter seems like a ton.
We get Porter for expirings and a protected 1st.

Regarding the trade kicker for Otto - apparently, it isn't as bad as everyone thinks. There is still a maximum value that a player of Porter's experience can be paid, and he's right at it this season. It would only apply for future years of the contract depending on the cap, and the Wizards would have to pay it.

It would be so nice if just one team could make a trade. Maybe then, more deals will actually happen.

Until then, it's like groundhogs day....

giphy.gif

for 8 million a season more tho ?
I don't know the source on Cy's data that he'd be an all-star based on stats in another system, but if you compare the two you've got a guy who lights it up from three but is the third option behind two guys combining for 35 shots per game. Fournier is in a crap system but I think his numbers are pretty much his cap, with maybe a small bump in a better system. Based on my superficial views of each player, I'd say Fournier would have to be featured more (have more time with the ball in his hands, trying to move around screens, etc.) and Porter would be good to cut, move off ball, and waiting on the perimeter to light it up off a Donovan kick-out.

It would be so nice if just one team could make a trade. Maybe then, more deals will actually happen.

Until then, it's like groundhogs day....

True. I think it was worse this time around because the Mirotic speculation had an artificial early date that made it seem like trade season. In reality trade season is starting this and especially next week.

I don't see Washington moving Porter this season in pretty much any believable scenario.

As much as I am in on tanking, I would be thrilled if the Jazz could acquire Fournier without sending any 1st rounders. I think the fit and the contract would be too good to pass up. I'm not sure he saves the season, either.

Mirotic on the other hand, dude could demolish the tank and then bounce in 17 months. Might just want to wait until the offseason/check in in 2019.

I don't see Washington moving Porter this season in pretty much any believable scenario.

As much as I am in on tanking, I would be thrilled if the Jazz could acquire Fournier without sending any 1st rounders. I think the fit and the contract would be too good to pass up. I'm not sure he saves the season, either.

Mirotic on the other hand, dude could demolish the tank and then bounce in 17 months. Might just want to wait until the offseason/check in in 2019.
I'm not sure if they will trade him in the next few years. I think they have to break up wall and Beal. They don't seem to like each other or play together well.

True. I think it was worse this time around because the Mirotic speculation had an artificial early date that made it seem like trade season. In reality trade season is starting this and especially next week.
Yeah, I've been not worrying about trades because they don't happen until the deadline. But that situation got me looking into it more and thinking about it more.

This is already a record for the most jazz trade chatter ever and it's only going to get more crazy.

It's a lopo dream come true.

Last edited:
Niko has strung together 3 mediocre to bad games in a row... DL keep calling Chicago.