What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

If you can send out Burks and Rubio in a deal for Fournier/Gordon/Biyombo then I think there's something to talk about. Jazz should be able to retain a pick/young player in that situation, though. Or maybe send a 2019 instead of 2018. Something like that. The amount of money moving also opens the door on conversations about money THIS year.

More levers and nobs to dial in a deal are a good thing.

But the principle deal is:

-Anyone/anything BESIDES Gobert, Mitchell, more than one of the Jazz's 1sts (top-3 protected)

for

-Fournier and Gordon (+ dead salary potentially)

Monroe took the money. What a douche. Had he started in NOLA and proved himself, he would have made more money this summer. Who advises these guys?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Actually I think it's been shown that being on a winning team can make role players more money. Also I'd have a lot more confidence in excelling under stevens than whoever is coaching the Pelicans.

The Magic are shopping Gordon because they don't think he's a max player (he isn't) but some dumbass GM will probably give him a max offer as an RFA; thus losing him for nothing.

They're not bargaining from a position of strength.

I Look at Gordon a lot like Hayward circa 2013 (or whenever it was). He's probably not worth a max right now, but he could definitely develop into that guy. I'd say it's more likely for him than it was for Hayward at the time since he has ELITE athleticism. I've been on the Jabari train, but I probably take Gordon over him if given the choice.

DENVER, GUYS! DENVER!!! WAKE UP EVERYBODY, DENVER WANTS TO TRADE WITH US!!!

Well, as we missed out on our best stretch four option, that could leave DL overpaying for Millsap. I’d be fine with it, but it’s silly in context.

Well, as we missed out on our best stretch four option, that could leave DL overpaying for Millsap. I’d be fine with it, but it’s silly in context.
I was thinking more about something along the lines of... Hood for Juancho Hernangómez... Who says no?

Here's an interesting one - would you rather have Miles or Mikal Bridges on his rookie deal or Aaron Gordon at max?

I’ll take Mikal on the rookie deal. I’m fairly certain he is gone before we pick doe.

Faried , Juancho and a protected first for Favors and Hood?

I like that... might have to sub out the pick for Beasley though. They likely want to clear a roster spot and keep that pick.

So would you trade Favors, Hood and our 1st for Gordon?
I mean, without a doubt. That's an easy choice. I think they make you take Biyombo though and that makes it a harder answer. I'm also not even sure they would want Hood if they are really trying to tear it all down.

I think I do Burks/Johnson/Hood/1st for Biyombo/Gordon/2nd rounder tho.

If you max out Gordon (25 million) and sign Exum for 10 million a year, I think that puts you at 112 million for 9 players if you waive the trio of Udoh/Thabo/Jonas and don't bring back Neto.

So that might be a little rough. You have to fill up 6 more slots with like 10 million (I think the LT would be around 122 next year, right?). It's what most teams do who have 2 max players tho, so it's not unique.

I mean, without a doubt. That's an easy choice. I think they make you take Biyombo though and that makes it a harder answer. I'm also not even sure they would want Hood if they are really trying to tear it all down.

I think I do Burks/Johnson/Hood/1st for Biyombo/Gordon/2nd rounder tho.

If you max out Gordon (25 million) and sign Exum for 10 million a year, I think that puts you at 112 million for 9 players if you waive the trio of Udoh/Thabo/Jonas and don't bring back Neto.

So that might be a little rough. You have to fill up 6 more slots with like 10 million (I think the LT would be around 122 next year, right?). It's what most teams do who have 2 max players tho, so it's not unique.

I need to watch more Gordon... I like him but I don’t like him as much as a max player and I am not sure I want to lock in our roster with him as the missing piece.

I think Cavs should send the BKN pick for him and Orlando should do that deal.

I need to watch more Gordon... I like him but I don’t like him as much as a max player and I am not sure I want to lock in our roster with him as the missing piece.

I think Cavs should send the BKN pick for him and Orlando should do that deal.
I mean, this is Gordon's 4th year in the NBA and he is only a year older than Donovan. I think he is someone worth taking a risk on as the last piece. He has improved every year. He seems like a high character guy. I mean, he is flawed and inconsistent, but no 4th year player on a bad team (especially as young as Gordon) isnt. Anyone saying he isnt worth a max is crazy to me. He is someone you take the risk on.

I just dont think Orlando is really that serious about moving him.

Gary Harris already signed an extension. Denver loves Jamal Murray. Will Barton is a solid 6th man. Why would Denver want Hood? I assume he would just be a rental because they are going to be shelling out serious money to keep Jokic and Murray.