What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

I don't think the Jazz are scared of an offer that big. I think they are scared of him getting paid a couple million over what they want to pay him, and feeling obligated to match for a guy they are going to be bringing off the bench as a 6th man.

I mean if some one wants to pay him 17 million, I guess that's his market value. You pay him and ship him off at some point as an asset. Thing is that all of the teams who try to get you to overpay on your RFA's like Charlotte and Portland, aren't in any position to offer a lot of money. Portland has been a dick like that for years. Glad to see them in capped out Hell. Wish somebody would rescue Dame.

Well, give or take. Gordon would be 37, but Irving could still be very good at 35. And Tatum and Brown are all-stars in the making. Celtics also have a few draft picks still to come, IINM. They're a contender already and will only get better. We're looking at the next W's.

Brown likely won’t ever be an all-star.

Well, give or take. Gordon would be 37, but Irving could still be very good at 35. And Tatum and Brown are all-stars in the making. Celtics also have a few draft picks still to come, IINM. They're a contender already and will only get better. We're looking at the next W's.

Next Warriors are the Nuggets.

I mean if some one wants to pay him 17 million, I guess that's his market value. You pay him and ship him off at some point as an asset. Thing is that all of the teams who try to get you to overpay on your RFA's like Charlotte and Portland, aren't in any position to offer a lot of money. Portland has been a dick like that for years. Glad to see them in capped out Hell. Wish somebody would rescue Dame.
That's the thing about free agency though. That doesn't necessarily mean it's his market value to 30 teams. It means it's his market value to one team.

And I agree with you. RFA is always a risk, but it seems like that risk is more in favor of the team has Hood at this point. He could only get something like 12-14 in the off-season and be really valuable, especially if he comes out hot next year.

I just think if you really arent committed to Hood as a long-term piece, you probably shouldnt pay him if you can get a decent trade offer. We will see what the Jazz think that is.

Next Warriors are the Nuggets.
What? Which two players on their roster are MVPs and what other two players besides them are all-star players.

No other team is GS or going to be the next GS. They are the greatest team in modern NBA history.

What? Which two players on their roster are MVPs and what other two players besides them are all-star players.

No other team is GS or going to be the next GS. They are the greatest team in modern NBA history.
It would be Murray, Jokic, Millsap, and Harris. Murray/Jokic being the MVP caliber players and Millsap/Harris being the All-Stars.

It's a stretch tho. And Millsap is probably past his All-Star level phase.

Murray is comparable to Curry, Harris to Thompson, and Millsap to Green. So it's not a completely off-base thing to say. Jokic just makes them really different from the Warriors.

That is a huge stretch even for an Denver homer to think.
Just remember no one knew the Warriors were ever going to be Championship contenders before Kerr got there and it happened. They were viewed much like Denver is now prior to winning a ring.

I mean, the difference is obvious. The Nuggets probably dont have the defensive talent to "be the next Warriors" but offensively they have that potential.

It would be Murray, Jokic, Millsap, and Harris. Murray/Jokic being the MVP caliber players and Millsap/Harris being the All-Stars.

It's a stretch tho. And Millsap is probably past his All-Star level phase.

Murray is comparable to Curry, Harris to Thompson, and Millsap to Green. So it's not a completely off-base thing to say. Jokic just makes them really different from the Warriors.

Jokic is overrated. He is skilled yes but he shoots like 31% from 3, isn’t as exceptional a rebounder as people say, and sucks on d.