What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Just remember no one knew the Warriors were ever going to be Championship contenders before Kerr got there and it happened. They were viewed much like Denver is now prior to winning a ring.

I mean, the difference is obvious. The Nuggets probably dont have the defensive talent to "be the next Warriors" but offensively they have that potential.

I mean I guess if they signed 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA somehow I would put them in the same category. That seems pretty likely.

Next Warriors are the Jazz.
At the start of season I expected them to be champions, but at some point the system broke down. At this point the Jazz have the chemistry and the skills to make it happen. I don't mind having another good guy on team, but if the boys continue playing every time like the last five games the championship is in reach.

I’m more inclined to “bake the cake” than to blow it all up. Maybe move Burks and/or JJ. Hood if they can get a worthwhile deal that moves the team forward. . . but Rubio and Favors have both proven to be damn good and more valuable than anything the Jazz can get back for them tbh.

Utah no longer needs to be sellers at the deadline. I feel a lot better about their potential future that I did a month ago. Rubio’s improved play has really impressed me and made me feel good about the direction of things.

I wonder how the little winning streak of 4 in a row impacts the Jazz's plans. It could send a bad message to the team if they trade away players who have been helping them win.

I wish there was a deal for Hood or Joe Johnson.

Bobby Marks was on Woj's podcast today and he said this kind of thing happens all the time, when a team goes on a winning or losing streak right before the deadline. The way he was talking made it seem more like ownership meddling than GMs making rash decisions though.

Just remember no one knew the Warriors were ever going to be Championship contenders before Kerr got there and it happened. They were viewed much like Denver is now prior to winning a ring.

I mean, the difference is obvious. The Nuggets probably dont have the defensive talent to "be the next Warriors" but offensively they have that potential.

This.

Wes clearly hasn't watched enough basketball this year to know enough to talk.

Nuggets had just beaten OKC and Golden States in a row. They've done it without Millsap. 3 players who score something like 80% of their points are younger than 23 years old (Jokic, Harris and Murray). All of their starters (including Millsap) can all shoot lights out from 3s. They are improving on defense. Jokic is a pass first Center that is unselfish and can shoot 3s. Harris is a defensive guard who can knock down 3s and score inside. Murray is having an amazing breakout year this year. The future of that team is so bright it's blinding.

Edit: OH and BTW, they've already beaten the Warriors x2 this season. Considering how young they are it's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
This.

Wes clearly hasn't watched enough basketball this year to know enough to talk.

Nuggets had just beaten OKC and Golden States in a row. They've done it without Millsap. 3 players who score something like 80% of their points are younger than 23 years old (Jokic, Harris and Murray). All of their starters (including Millsap) can all shoot lights out from 3s. They are improving on defense. Jokic is a pass first Center that is unselfish and can shoot 3s. Harris is a defensive guard who can knock down 3s and score inside. Murray is having an amazing breakout year this year. The future of that team is so bright it's blinding.

Edit: OH and BTW, they've already beaten the Warriors x2 this season. Considering how young they are it's pretty amazing.

So what you are saying is there is no way the NBA lets the Nuggets meet the Warriors in the first or second round.

Bobby Marks was on Woj's podcast today and he said this kind of thing happens all the time, when a team goes on a winning or losing streak right before the deadline. The way he was talking made it seem more like ownership meddling than GMs making rash decisions though.
can you explain more of his argument, please? I don't get it

I’m more inclined to “bake the cake” than to blow it all up. Maybe move Burks and/or JJ... Utah no longer needs to be sellers at the deadline.

We really don't have any poison contracts. The AB contract would be nice to unload somehow but that is minor compared to some of these crazy contracts some teams have.

I’m more inclined to “bake the cake” than to blow it all up. Maybe move Burks and/or JJ. Hood if they can get a worthwhile deal that moves the team forward. . . but Rubio and Favors have both proven to be damn good and more valuable than anything the Jazz can get back for them tbh.

Utah no longer needs to be sellers at the deadline. I feel a lot better about their potential future that I did a month ago. Rubio’s improved play has really impressed me and made me feel good about the direction of things.
I agree, the one concern I have is can the jazz resign Favors, but I feel that on most nights the jazz are better off without Hood other then that one night every 10 days or so when he can actually shoot
can you explain more of his argument, please? I don't get it
Oh good! I thought I was the only one who didn't understand that

I said the other day, I believe something will happen, just nothing we are expecting to have happen.

I think the jazz are doing everything they can to trade Favors or Hood for the type of 4 that Snyder covets, but at the same time they won't make a trade just to make a trade.

I said the other day, I believe something will happen, just nothing we are expecting to have happen.

I think the jazz are doing everything they can to trade Favors or Hood for the type of 4 that Snyder covets, but at the same time they won't make a trade just to make a trade.

What like Mitchell for leBron? Thats a sweet deal for the Cavs

Celtics insiders are reporting the price for Marcus Smart is a first round pick and a rotation player. And Celtics Wire says that there is "league wide interest" in that. I lol'd when I first read that.

Celtics insiders are reporting the price for Marcus Smart is a first round pick and a rotation player. And Celtics Wire says that there is "league wide interest" in that. I lol'd when I first read that.
I bet there is. Portland probably want to trade CJ for him, Houston pondering if they can afford to lose Harden for Maaahkas, the Warriors wondering if adding the first to Klay for Smart will be enough...

Somthing will happen. I'm sure of it. I hope it's more than Joe Johnson being bought out, but this roster will be different by Friday.

I don't see us going big anymore (Fournier, Parker, Gordon, etc) but I do feel like Hood, JoeJ and Burks will be shopped pretty hard.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

So what you are saying is there is no way the NBA lets the Nuggets meet the Warriors in the first or second round.

Haha.. we'll see man! Good observation - something to watch out for, LOL.

I think they're on the rise in the standings so they should be 7th at the worst as the Pelicans are gonna drop.