What's new

Vasectomy

Seriously jealous right now. I would get one tomorrow if I didn't honestly think Mrs. bigb would leave me. She thinks she wants at least one more but I'm DONE. I've half thought about just doing it and not telling her.

Americans crack me up. Only in USA they mass perform unnecessary procedures mutilating their own or their baby boys genitalia for no reason. I kind of blame superstitious religious beliefs when Jews and Muslims cut of perfectly normal genital tissue from newborn boys, but to do it 21 century just because it "looks better" or for "hygiene" is absurd.
Same goes for vasectomy. Why on earth any healthy man would do it? You leave your sperm to be reabsorbed by your body - straight way to provoke immune system for triggering some crap like autoimmune diseases. No self respecting and honest urologist in rest of the world would ever recommend it, but obviously since in USA they make money from it they sell those procedures totally ignoring and being quiet about side effects they have after that.
To bad for those who had it, for those who thinking about it - research about it before going under knife as it will be very expensive to reverse it if you ever change your mind.
And don't tell me there are no alternative methods for safe and reliable birth control.

Americans crack me up. Only in USA they mass perform unnecessary procedures mutilating their own or their baby boys genitalia for no reason. I kind of blame superstitious religious beliefs when Jews and Muslims cut of perfectly normal genital tissue from newborn boys, but to do it 21 century just because it "looks better" or for "hygiene" is absurd.
Same goes for vasectomy. Why on earth any healthy man would do it? You leave your sperm to be reabsorbed by your body - straight way to provoke immune system for triggering some crap like autoimmune diseases. No self respecting and honest urologist in rest of the world would ever recommend it, but obviously since in USA they make money from it they sell those procedures totally ignoring and being quiet about side effects they have after that.
To bad for those who had it, for those who thinking about it - research about it before going under knife as it will be very expensive to reverse it if you ever change your mind.
And don't tell me there are no alternative methods for safe and reliable birth control.

Party pooper.

You realize that your body absorbs excess sperm already, right? I know you've got your that issue in hand already but you're still absorbing sperm.

So it's supposed to cause immune system issues? They're keeping it under wraps because of all the money it's bringing in? lol

That's some funny **** right there.

There are many alternative forms of birth control. Female hormonal birth control has it's own issues, not the least of which is loss of libido in many women. Another is that women are attracted to particular men's scent (or at least find the scent to be non-offensive) based on their hormonal balance. In some relationships the use of hormonal birth control changes that balance and the woman suddenly finds her man to be stinky when she did not before.

Tubal ligation (did I spell that correctly?) is far more intrusive and complicated than vasectomy.

Pulling out is the god father of millions.

Condoms have their place but are not ideal imho.

So what wonderful 100% effective and safe birth control methods do you suggest? Vasectomy is 100% effective. 100%!

I think in part some men have a macho attitude about vasectomy. All I can say to that is get the **** over yourself.

You realize that your body absorbs excess sperm already, right? I know you've got your that issue in hand already but you're still absorbing sperm.

So it's supposed to cause immune system issues? They're keeping it under wraps because of all the money it's bringing in? lol

That's some funny **** right there..

Maybe funny, maybe sad. I am leaning towards sad.

https://www.quiverfull.com/birth_control/dangersofvasectomy.html

I think in part some men have a macho attitude about vasectomy. All I can say to that is get the **** over yourself.

I have no macho attitude about it whatsoever. I simply feel sorry for men who paid money to brainwashing doctors to do it and were misinformed about it.

Extremely, extremely low numbers compared to almost 100% after vasectomy.

Last edited:
So what wonderful 100% effective and safe birth control methods do you suggest? Vasectomy is 100% effective. 100%!

No method except abstinence is 100% effective. Research - there are numerous cases reported about post vasectomy pregnancies.

A 2005 systematic review of 28 studies described a total of 183 failures or recanalizations from approximately 43,642 vasectomy patients (0.4%), and 20 studies in the same review described 60 pregnancies after 92,184 vasectomies (0.07%)

Circumcised dicks simply look better. Sorry everyone.

No method except abstinence is 100% effective. Research - there are numerous cases reported about post vasectomy pregnancies.

A 2005 systematic review of 28 studies described a total of 183 failures or recanalizations from approximately 43,642 vasectomy patients (0.4%), and 20 studies in the same review described 60 pregnancies after 92,184 vasectomies (0.07%)

I'm still waiting for these alternatives that are effective and safe...

In these types of discussions, it's always great to respond with the old, "Well, better you than me."

Last edited:
What a garbage link...You do realize this is from a religious website that is anti-birth control for Jesus reasons, right? I hadn't realized you'd hitched your wagon to the Lord's train.

Do you have anything from a decent peer reviewed medical journal?

lol, it was meant to scare the crap out of vasectomy planners, I did not even think about religion thing.
I can look for better links for you later, to busy now.

lol, it was meant to scare the crap out of vasectomy planners, I did not even think about religion thing.
I can look for better links for you later, to busy now.

I found better links. They said that vasectomy DID NOT cause an autoimmune problem. The study was done in NZ, outside the US pro-vas propaganda zone. Plus it was peer reviewed.

Still waiting for the better birth control alternatives you mentioned.

I found better links. They said that vasectomy DID NOT cause an autoimmune problem. The study was done in NZ, outside the US pro-vas propaganda zone. Plus it was peer reviewed.

Still waiting for the better birth control alternatives you mentioned.

I was surprised to find out that in NZ they actually do even more vasectomies then in USA. Stupid kiwis, maybe it is good their genes are not carried over lol.

I never said there are better birth control alternatives. I said there are safe and reliable alternative birth control methods. Obviously vasectomy is one of the most effective, but is it safest? In my honest opinion it is not. For one night stands or casual sex you would still need to use condoms for prevention of STD. And if you in long term relationship it is not that difficult for your wife, spouse or partner to learn how to figure out your "unsafe days" fairly accurately and either use condoms during those few days or practice other ways of sex without penetration and risk of pregnancy.
P.S.

I like law about vasectomy in Indonesia, you can get it only if:

The vasectomy is not intended to be permanent;
The man is at least 50 years old;
The man's wife granted permission;
The procedure is not being carried out for "immoral purposes."

Good luck with that, lol.

I was surprised to find out that in NZ they actually do even more vasectomies then in USA. Stupid kiwis, maybe it is good their genes are not carried over lol.

I never said there are better birth control alternatives. I said there are safe and reliable alternative birth control methods. Obviously vasectomy is one of the most effective, but is it safest? In my honest opinion it is not. For one night stands or casual sex you would still need to use condoms for prevention of STD. And if you in long term relationship it is not that difficult for your wife, spouse or partner to learn how to figure out your "unsafe days" fairly accurately and either use condoms during those few days or practice other ways of sex without penetration and risk of pregnancy.
P.S.

I like law about vasectomy in Indonesia, you can get it only if:

The vasectomy is not intended to be permanent;
The man is at least 50 years old;
The man's wife granted permission;
The procedure is not being carried out for "immoral purposes."

Good luck with that, lol.

Before I got the Vas sect on me my wife was on the nuva ring. My life has vastly improved since she went off hormonal birth control (read: much more oral).

The end.