What's new

Vernon Carey Jr Waived

It's the era of Ainge. There could be many reasons or none at all. The man tinkers and waits constantly.

Eh screw it, it's the off-season. Time for conspiracy!
50RpHS.jpg

A more likely reasoning for Carey's waiver?:

Reasons are usually more cumulative than mutually exclusive. In other words, the Jazz both opened up capspace that could be used in such a way but also open a roster spot (for Bol Bol or whoever else that’s interesting) that can be filled using a minimum or an exception.

I like Christian Wood on a minimum deal with the roster spot. HUGE upgrade on the roster over Ver-Non. Phenomenal 3rd string Center and versatile addition to the team.

Paul Reed seems like a downgrade to me vs. Christan's wood.

I like Christian Wood on a minimum deal with the roster spot. HUGE upgrade on the roster over Ver-Non. Phenomenal 3rd string Center and versatile addition to the team.

Paul Reed seems like a downgrade to me vs. Christan's wood.
Wood is a cancer. Why is he unsigned with the numbers he has put up?

I just noticed something odd on the Jazz "official" roster on the team's website. Carey is not there but Damian Jones is. Mr. Jones is not listed with the Cavs. Did the trade fall through? Also Juzang is not on the Jazz roster.

I just noticed something odd on the Jazz "official" roster on the team's website. Carey is not there but Damian Jones is. Mr. Jones is not listed with the Cavs. Did the trade fall through? Also Juzang is not on the Jazz roster.
Mr. Jones is down at the New Amsterdam, striking up a conversation with a black-haired flamenco dancer.

Reasons are usually more cumulative than mutually exclusive. In other words, the Jazz both opened up capspace that could be used in such a way but also open a roster spot (for Bol Bol or whoever else that’s interesting) that can be filled using a minimum or an exception.
Read from Ken Clayton (if not mistaken) that Carey might possible be re-signed if he clears waivers, probably under one of the exceptions(?). Not sure on the legality of this, but I guess it would be an interesting move.