What's new

Vote for Bernie today

It's the liberals who play that card too, even though there is no shortage of morons on either side.

Fortunately this binary isn't an equal one-- our morons are much better than yours.

Enjoy your contest convention/Trump melodrama.

#whiteprivledgeforblacks

So, serious question. Are they handing out free stuff at the Dem caucuses? i-Pads? Gas cards? Free homes?

Via the other people in line, I received free hot chocolate, pizza, and a blanket.

I'm SpyCam and I approve this message.

Cruz and Sanders are going to win big in Utah IMO. And Sanders will win ID as well I think.

Trump and Clinton took AZ big.

I find it ironically humorous that the good LDS folks in Utah support Cruz so strongly. A people who make as much as they do (and rightly so, I might add) about the religious persecution they experienced early on in their history now supporting en masse a man whose bigotry against another religious group (Muslims) is so plainly manifest, e.g., Cruz has now proposed 'locking down' Muslim neighborhoods in the wake of Brussels. So, what does this mean? Religious persecution, gross negative stereotyping, punishing the whole for the 'sins' of the few, trafficking in hateful messages are ok, as long as it's some other religious group? I'm curious how our good LDS friends here explain this. (Keep in mind, claims of the threat Muslims present to this country are similar in tone, if not specific content, of the things the good folks in Missouri were saying about Mormons back in the day.)

Second, for those of you LDS who support Cruz, you do realize that his main constituency is the Christian evangelicals/fundamentalists who hate Mormons almost as much as they hate gays and atheists, don't you? (To them, Mormons will be sharing the same fiery pit as gays and atheists and other 'sinners.') In the earthly theocratic state of Cruz's dominionist wet dreams, how well do you think Mormons would fare?

Now, Cruz and his ilk don't have the power to implement all their dominionist plans, thank you Rule of Law, but they WILL work to chip away incrementally at the separation of Church and State however and wherever they can. (I invite you to read up a bit on dominionism and Cruz's very tight links to it.) How comfortable are you with this, and with this man and his allies in control (or partial control) of the levers of power in this country?

Good to see Trump rejected by the citizens of Utah, although Cruz's statements yesterday, in the wake of the Brussels attacks, certainly seemed to blame Islam more then terrorists:

https://theweek.com/articles/614206/gop-needs-more-mormons

Cruz has named conspiracy whacko(yeah, I know that's judgmental of me) Frank Gaffney to his national security team. Gaffney's perspective is pretty dangerous, IMHO....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/frank-gaffney-cruz-obama-muslim_us_56f093cde4b03a640a6b70ed

This is dumb, and lazy rhetoric.

Cruz is arguing for Muslim Apartheid in America. Trump wants torture more serious than Waterboarding.

I'm afraid our morons are much better.

I find it ironically humorous that the good LDS folks in Utah support Cruz so strongly. A people who make as much as they do (and rightly so, I might add) about the religious persecution they experienced early on in their history now supporting en masse a man whose bigotry against another religious group (Muslims) is so plainly manifest, e.g., Cruz has now proposed 'locking down' Muslim neighborhoods in the wake of Brussels. So, what does this mean? Religious persecution, gross negative stereotyping, punishing the whole for the 'sins' of the few, trafficking in hateful messages are ok, as long as it's some other religious group? I'm curious how our good LDS friends here explain this. (Keep in mind, claims of the threat Muslims present to this country are similar in tone, if not specific content, of the things the good folks in Missouri were saying about Mormons back in the day.)

Second, for those of you LDS who support Cruz, you do realize that his main constituency is the Christian evangelicals/fundamentalists who hate Mormons almost as much as they hate gays and atheists, don't you? (To them, Mormons will be sharing the same fiery pit as gays and atheists and other 'sinners.') In the earthly theocratic state of Cruz's dominionist wet dreams, how well do you think Mormons would fare?

Now, Cruz and his ilk don't have the power to implement all their dominionist plans, thank you Rule of Law, but they WILL work to chip away incrementally at the separation of Church and State however and wherever they can. (I invite you to read up a bit on dominionism and Cruz's very tight links to it.) How comfortable are you with this, and with this man and his allies in control (or partial control) of the levers of power in this country?

This is all lazy rhetoric Cruz is just as bad as Hillary

I told a bunch of locals that Cruz and Bernie were going to win big last night in UT (and ID for Bernie) and they acted like I was insane.

What do ya know...

Cruz took UT by 52.3%

Bernie took UT by 59.9% and ID by 56.8%

In Mormon areas Trump and Clinton are not liked.

Cruz is arguing for Muslim Apartheid in America. Trump wants torture more serious than Waterboarding.

I'm afraid our morons are much better.

Dalamon. Go back a page, read what I quoted and posted, and then tell me what the hell you just posted has to do with any of it. Thanks.

I think some Utahns like Cruz, but I think overall this was an anyone but tRump vote. They don't really like the options. I think Cruz is 95% as bad as tRump, and Kasich has no chance to win.

Most of the republicans I talked with said they would have voted for Kasich if he had a chance, but they were hoping that a vote for Cruz was a vote for a contested convention. Most of them said that they saw Kasich coming out of a contested convention on top.

I knew Bernie would win Utah, but I am SHOCKED at the turnout of the democratic voters in Utah. There were so many people at each polling location. I waited in line for a mile, and I live in Bountiful. The polling location ran out of ballots, and we had to wait for more to be printed. I heard at least 4 more locations ran out of ballots.

Benson told Mormons to vote republican, so they do.

Obedience.

Who has a better chance of beating trump in the presidential election out of Hillary or Sanders?

Who has a better chance of beating trump in the presidential election out of Hillary or Sanders?

Both will win but Sanders would do better. He energizes people to vote. Polls and trends suggest that Sanders might even carry Utah.