What's new

Vote for Bernie today

So you'd rather waste a vote on somebody that wouldn't even make the attempt to fix things as they are?

Let me know if I've misunderstood. I think Bernie is the only one with a fighting chance to start showing some fiscal responsibility and transparency

I'd prefer to have somebody in office that would hopefully recognize the bloat (wall street), where it exists, and where it can be eliminated, and then re-appropriate those funds into effectively solving poverty-issues, millennial debt-issues, Real global warming and clean energy initiatives to give future generations a fighting chance in this world(not just america, we need to think of ourselves as world citizens now). If an obstructionist congress, oppressive hierarchy, and what have you make this difficult, so be it. We need somebody to try. It needs to be addressed at a high level. Popular constituent support for these things will put pressure on congressman to make things happen, hopefully.

Do you know who I am voting for? I am not for any of the other Rs and Ds either. None of them will fix the issue. Or even address it really.

I agree that we need somebody to try. But I do not think raising our taxes is a step even worth considering right now.

It's not so much you misunderstanding as it is you inferring a lot of things from my post that are not there.

That's cool. My story wasn't meant as an anecdote tho, I just thought it was funny. Anyways, while I have you, I'm still waiting for a response. I'm sure you weren't intentionally ignoring it though. :)

Honestly don't know what you're asking-- I responded to CL's post, thought it was yours too.

Let's say this is true. Far more is still spent on what we typically think of as welfare than on corporate subsidies. 10% of 212B is 21.2B. That's how much was spent on such in 2014. In the last 15 combined years, only 68B was spent on corporate subsidies.

How much money is lost on tax loopholes? There is much more to corporate welfare than just "subsidies". Ignoring that is probably what brings ppl to the Limbaugh slandering.

^
I mentioned tax credits. Not simply subsidies. And if your loopholes are another story for you, look up how much is "lost." As if that's the way our tax system works. It's all so simple.

I love the attack too as if people have a ****ing clue about me. Or about the financial implications changing certain tax laws and such would have when they have literally zero financial/tax experience.

But yep. Get rid of the loopholes. That would solve the problem with corporate greed.

Last edited:
I love the attack too as if people have a ****ing clue about me. Or about the financial implications changing certain tax laws and such would have when they have literat zero financial/tax experience.

But yep. Get rid of the loopholes. That would solve the problem with corporate greed.

What's the argument against getting rich ppl to pay their fair share in taxes again?

And it's hard to take you seriously when you just talk about how most ppl abuse handouts-- shoutout to alt13 for Dropping the science on you with that claim

What's the argument against getting rich ppl to pay their fair share in taxes again?

And it's hard to take you seriously when you just talk about how most ppl abuse handouts-- shoutout to alt13 for Dropping the science on you with that claim

What brilliant science did alt state? You mean the one where I showed that about three times more is spent on your typical welfare than on "corporate welfare"? That one.

What brilliant science did alt state? You mean the one where I showed that about three times more is spent on your typical welfare than on "corporate welfare"? That one.

The one where you called poor ppl opportunistic and you were proven to be talking out of your ***.

Curious to hear who the "fiscally responsible" candidates of this American election are.

The one where you called poor ppl opportunistic and you were proven to be talking out of your ***.

Must've missed that one.

I'm done here. I'm not gonna bother trying to talk to a Canadien who's never set foot or worked in or been friends with poor urban people like I have...someone who's never done more than seen a picture of Camden or Trenton or Newark from some magazine article.

Peace.

I love the attack too as if people have a ****ing clue about me. Or about the financial implications changing certain tax laws and such would have when they have literally zero financial/tax experience.

As with most problems in todays world I do not think there is a single solution. I do however favor closing loopholes and think it helps.

Please define fair share. Thanks.

If Bernie did win the D nod he should invest some money, staffers and energy into UT, NV, AZ, ID and WY. All have decent sized Mormon populations.

Taylor the pitches to where you agree with them. Such as immigration and welfare programs. Play up your support for the importance of family and religious freedom. He might be able to turn some of them blue for this election.

Since you're struggling Dala, I'll help you. You quoted my post (which was #26, yours was #31). I would like to know what your post has to do with what I posted.