What's new

Vote for Bernie today

I agree with that for the 1%ers that have taken advantage of the rigged economic system we live in (I'm looking at the top bankers, credit bureau directors, top insurance company CEO's), but not for well meaning businessmen that are creating jobs. Overtaxing them could mean having to lower salaries or even worse, having to take their business elsewhere.

#KeepTaxesALAP

In fact, tax the 1%ers 100%, run em' out of business. Bring the economic wealth back to the People by breaking ties with the zionist run federal reserve. May the US government be run by true American spirited people again!

I have never heard of an incentive that would make me want to make less money

Think about it Fish. We'll use your example.

People that make $50,000,000 a year are taxed at 75%.

People that make $40,000,000 a year are taxed at 55%.

Who takes more money home?

Theoretically yes. If the money is allocated properly.
Maybe bernie is a start to get us headed in the right direction

I wonder if maybe we have any examples of people who get free education, money every month, their own laws, free healthcare, etc etc. hmmmm.....if only we had such an example of people like that in North America.

Think about it Fish. We'll use your example.

People that make $50,000,000 a year are taxed at 75%.

People that make $40,000,000 a year are taxed at 55%.

Who takes more money home?
I look at it like this. If I'm in that scenario, either way I make enough money to live comfortably and never have to worry about money so I would just continue doing what I'm doing to keep my company successful for all the people in my employ.

I wouldn't tank my company in order to make less money so I can get a tax break that allows me to buy my 10th Lamborghini and 5th yacht.
9 lambos and 4 yachts are enough for me

I wonder if maybe we have any examples of people who get free education, money every month, their own laws, free healthcare, etc etc. hmmmm.....if only we had such an example of people like that in North America.
Paris Hilton and kim kardashian? Ya I agree

I have a mother in law who doesn't work and she gets all kinds of free ****.
She can barely walk and is sick as hell.
Thank god she gets that stuff. Otherwise I would be paying for her stuff and I already barely get by and live in the one of the worst parts of the state getting my fence tagged on the regular and hearing gunshots on occasion.

I have a mother in law who doesn't work and she gets all kinds of free ****.
She can barely walk and is sick as hell.
Thank god she gets that stuff. Otherwise I would be paying for her stuff and I already barely get by and live in the one of the worst parts of the state getting my fence tagged on the regular and hearing gunshots on occasion.

1) I'm not saying we don't need those things.

2) You're missing who I'm talking about.

I look at it like this. If I'm in that scenario, either way I make enough money to live comfortably and never have to worry about money so I would just continue doing what I'm doing to keep my company successful for all the people in my employ.

I wouldn't tank my company in order to make less money so I can get a tax break that allows me to buy my 10th Lamborghini and 5th yacht.
9 lambos and 4 yachts are enough for me
That's fine, and a good way to think. You're still creating a way where it's better for people to make less money. It's counter productive.

I guess I wonder why anyone would be against heavy taxes for the rich. Are people worried about the rich being able to pay their bills and feed their families?

That's fine, and a good way to think. You're still creating a way where it's better for people to make less money. It's counter productive.
So what is productive then?

Tax the poor as much as possible and don't tax the rich at all so that way people have an incentive to make more money?

Usually the middle class, rich and businesses. Poor people (those on state assistance, SSI, food stamps) often end up paying little or no taxes on income.
Exactly. So what is being discussed is already happening yet some people seem afraid of it.

I did, very specifically. Included the post numbers and everything.
You could ask him again. Instead of making him go back to the number and then try to figure out what it is you want from him.

If you really want an answer then the best way, imo, would be to say "hey dalamon what is your favorite movie" rather than saying hey dalamon I left a post back on page three that asks a question that I want the answer to, will you go find that post and then answer the question?

Maybe you don't really want the answer though. Idk

Exactly. So what is being discussed is already happening yet some people seem afraid of it.

What is being discussed is taking even more from them by a gov that has shown a disturbing lack of transparency, fiscal responsibility and effective results.

For me it is putting the horse before the cart. Before we throw them more money that I feel they will waste we need to clean the mess to know where we stand.

If that happened I'd be open to more taxes.

You're hitting both ends of the spectrum and missing the middle.
There are not only three places to go with this though. Right now we are in the middle. I would like to go up a bit more on the top earners.

I'm not saying we should take everything from the wealthy and bring them down to everyone else's level. They would still be super rich and have everything their heart desires. They would just be a little less rich and have everything they desire.

The poor would still be poor but just not as poor. They would end up closer to where I'm at.

I guess I wonder why anyone would be against heavy taxes for the rich. Are people worried about the rich being able to pay their bills and feed their families?

Top 1% of earners pay ~37% of the total FIC. Top 10% pay 70%. Top 50% pay nearly 98%.

Is that fair? I'm just curious. And no, I'm not worried about them being able to feed their families, I'm worried about them being able to feed everybody else's.