What's new

Voter Suppression and Why The Republicans Love It So Much?

So what you are saying is that drop boxes are bad because a bunch of trumpers say they are bad.
No. I'm saying that trust in authority is breaking down. People don't trust the police, or reporters, or religious leaders to the degree they used to. Trust in the democratic process is arguably more important than those other things because if enough people stop believing their votes are being counted then people will turn to violence to make themselves heard. Insulting people isn't the way to build trust. Showing people proof via audits is how to build trust. Drop boxes make end-to-end audits impossible because they break the chain-of-custody between the voter and the counter. I don't have any problem with making voting more convenient but the proposed process has to be at least as secure as voting in person.

Lets say in 2024 there is no mail in voting. There are no drop boxes. No voting from your phone or computer. Each and ever single vote is literally done in person with an ID to prove each voter is alive and who they say they are. Then Trump loses and says the software was corrupt, hackers hacked into the system, voters were using fake ID's, workers at the voting locations were letting people vote without ID's... Etc etc etc. A bunch of mockumentaries surface. Qanon gets into the mix. All of trumps cronies spout off about a stolen election. His cult of american citizens buy it all again. Then what?
Then you go to work debunking the claims using evidence. You don't make people choose if they are going to believe this guy or that guy. You show the evidence and let people believe their own eyes.

Then you go to work debunking the claims using evidence. You don't make people choose if they are going to believe this guy or that guy. You show the evidence and let people believe their own eyes.
You mean like all the court cases Donald lost, the audits, the recounts? You know that stuff? People believe Qanon more than legitimate things these days. Maybe trump saying things like fake news and alternative facts had an effect on people.

To a large portion of people evidence and facts don't matter.

Reactions: Red
You mean like all the court cases Donald lost, the audits, the recounts? You know that stuff? People believe Qanon more than legitimate things these days. Maybe trump saying things like fake news and alternative facts had an effect on people.

To a large portion of people evidence and facts don't matter.
This is why one of Trump’s greatest “crimes” was his Big Lie. It’s the damage that does to the body politic. The potentially LASTING damage moving forward. He laid the groundwork for using the Big Lie months before the 2016 election. He repeated the groundwork months before the 2020 election. (One would think that adults, with the sufficient degree of cynicism that life experiences and a realistic understanding of human nature might provide, would easily recognize Trump’s laying the groundwork of the Big Lie as just a con artist setting up his marks, but no, when he says what his cult members WANT to believe, the common sense of those cultists is nowhere to be found. And Trump knew that would be the case. He’s one of the greatest con artists of all time.) And based on that completely fabricated narrative of a fraudulent 2020 election, Republicans have been running with the idea of preventing fraud that never happened. I do not think those Americans appalled by the Big Lie are needlessly paranoid by being concerned at the number of 2020 election deniers running for Secretary of State in the 2022 midterms on the GOP side in many states.

And, the Supreme Court, in the next term, may tilt the scale further, away from free and fair elections:

Last edited:
Of course….

Donald Trump is now calling on the Republican speaker of the Assembly in the Wisconsin state legislature to snatch back the state’s 2020 electoral votes to declare him the winner of the presidential race he lost in the wake of a court ruling on ballot drop boxes.

He pushed the astonishing plan a day after he baselessly declared himself the winner in the state when the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday restricted the number of absentee ballot boxes in future elections. He again insisted in his message Saturday that he is the “actual winner (by a lot!)” in the battleground state.

1657459693438.jpeg

I feel like we can’t trust that the clippers won their series against us a year ago. I feel like we won. In fact, I feel like we won the NBA championship the last two years. So let’s throw out the Bucks and Warriors results and give us their two banners. My trust in the nba has been shaken and we all know that my feelings are more important than fact or evidence.

I have a lot of theories but no evidence that any of this is true but give me the results I want.

View: https://youtu.be/xI6NsqizuQE

If people aren't trusting the 2020 election results then they shouldn't be trusting the 2016 results either. In 2016 there were mail in voting and drop boxes so if things like that are the issue then the 2016 election was stolen too. Also, all the senate and house votes and every other elected position..... All frauds.

We as a nation can either trust the process that we used for an election or we can trust trump.
We can trust the judges in all the court cases trump lost. We can trust the AG and DOJ. We can trust the election officials. We can trust the audits and recounts. Or we can trust trump.

Lets say in 2024 there is no mail in voting. There are no drop boxes. No voting from your phone or computer. Each and ever single vote is literally done in person with an ID to prove each voter is alive and who they say they are. Then Trump loses and says the software was corrupt, hackers hacked into the system, voters were using fake ID's, workers at the voting locations were letting people vote without ID's... Etc etc etc. A bunch of mockumentaries surface. Qanon gets into the mix. All of trumps cronies spout off about a stolen election. His cult of american citizens buy it all again. Then what? Should we just make trump president until the day he dies and then his offspring take over until they die and then their offspring and so on? Get rid of the whole voting process all together all because trump, a crook liar, swindler, and overall scummy douchebag lost an election?

Thank god for the january 6th committee for keeping everyones attention on all the reasons we should never trust a thing trump says.
I think that’s what Trumpers are ultimately pushing; an overthrow of our democracy and an establishment of an authoritarian dictator.

Of course….

Donald Trump is now calling on the Republican speaker of the Assembly in the Wisconsin state legislature to snatch back the state’s 2020 electoral votes to declare him the winner of the presidential race he lost in the wake of a court ruling on ballot drop boxes.

He pushed the astonishing plan a day after he baselessly declared himself the winner in the state when the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday restricted the number of absentee ballot boxes in future elections. He again insisted in his message Saturday that he is the “actual winner (by a lot!)” in the battleground state.

View attachment 12584
Trump using the term "brave patriots" is a dog whistle to his cultists for violence in his name.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

THE PROBLEM WITH DROP BOXES

The integrity of an election cannot be proved if there is no substantive verification of the legitimacy of every single vote. There has to be an auditable chain of custody from the voter all the way to those doing the counting and tabulation. Drop boxes break the chain of custody. There is no way to know who dropped a particular ballot into a particular drop box.
Are you also opposed to absentee ballots on these grounds?

My trust in the nba has been shaken and we all know that my feelings are more important than fact or evidence.

I have a lot of theories but no evidence that any of this is true but give me the results I want.
Thank you for summing up perfectly why drop boxes are such a bad idea. If you don't think the Clippers won, you can go back and rewatch the tape. You can count how every basket was scored, by whom, and which players handled the ball on any particular possession. You don't have to take the NBA's word for it. There is no evidence with a drop box. The ONLY choice you have is to take an authority's word for it and you know they are asserting to a thing they don't know because they don't have the evidence either.

I fail to understand why people are supporting unmanned drop boxes when everyone knows we have the technology to make this easier and more secure at the same time.

It’s almost like these guys are rich elitists who make money from lying to the rubes addicted to the crap they broadcast nightly:

View: https://twitter.com/erikwemple/status/1626372140479004672?s=46&t=GtClO1RWd-HYlFSZyot6Dw

View: https://twitter.com/erikwemple/status/1626372716335865856?s=46&t=GtClO1RWd-HYlFSZyot6Dw

View: https://twitter.com/erikwemple/status/1626374406896340994?s=46&t=GtClO1RWd-HYlFSZyot6Dw

View: https://twitter.com/erikwemple/status/1626375557293146115?s=46&t=GtClO1RWd-HYlFSZyot6Dw

View: https://twitter.com/erikwemple/status/1626382654105874433?s=46&t=GtClO1RWd-HYlFSZyot6Dw

No one with a functioning brain should take Fox News seriously. No one has more contempt for Republicans addicted to Fox than Fox News hosts. They know their viewers are the biggest dumbasses in the nation.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, good luck with that, lol….