What's new

Walker Kessler Should No Longer Play Until KO is Traded

I think there is definitely a discussion there on who the 2nd best player is. Kessler’s impact defensively far outweighs what KO and Clarkson bring on the court.

And there are lots of maybes and what ifs.
If kessler played more then maybe he would get tired or worn down.
If kessler played more against starters then maybe his stats would suffer and his impact would be worse.
If his offesnive role was larger then maybe the team would be worse. Yada yada yada.
You could also use the maybe word in the opposite way for all those things. Maybe he would rise to challenge as i havent seen anything so far to say he wouldnt.

I mean if the reason he is so good is because he plays against backups and doesnt play too many minutes then every player that plays low minutes and plays against backups should be looking real good (THT) right?

All i know is he uses the minutes and opportunities he gets extremely well and as good as about anyone on the team.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Dog you said remove the word role. You are on the grass.

Well tell me who has been more consistent on the team who isnt a role player then? Go ahead and go through all the box scores for every player not just role players and tell who has had less bad games that kessler. Im betting the answer is either nobody or just Lauri. (Though i bet lauri has had even more bad games than kessler. Kessler shoots 76% from the field for gods sake and plays great defense every game. Hard to beat that as far as consistency goes)

Well tell me who has been more consistent on the team who isnt a role player then? Go ahead and go through all the box scores for every player not just role players and tell who has had less bad games that kessler. Im betting the answer is either nobody or just Lauri. (Though i bet lauri has had even more bad games than kessler. Kessler shoots 76% from the field for gods sake and plays great defense every game. Hard to beat that as far as consistency goes)

Conley, Olynyk, Clarkson, Lauri. These are the players that are consistently playing big minutes against opposing starters and putting us in the position to win while presenting huge matchups problems for the opposing team.

Lauri is pretty much the only player who is more consistent. I don’t think Lauri has had more than 2-3 bad games all season. He’s also averaging 22.1 PPG/8.6 RPG while shooting 52.7% from the field and 40.8% from 3 on 6.4 attempts per game. Hard to top that.

Conley, Olynyk, Clarkson, Lauri. These are the players that are consistently playing big minutes against opposing starters and putting us in the position to win while presenting huge matchups problems for the opposing team.

They (with the exception of lauri) also have had many bad games this season. Kessler hasnt though.

Lauri is pretty much the only player who is more consistent. I don’t think Lauri has had more than 2-3 bad games all season. He’s also averaging 22.1 PPG/8.6 RPG while shooting 52.7% from the field and 40.8% from 3 on 6.4 attempts per game. Hard to top that.

Yep.

Lets say Kessler was a averaging 34 minutes per game and putting up 14 points and 13 rebounds with 3.5 blocks and shooting 76% from the field and the jazz had a top 5 defense in the league.

How would everyone feel about him then?

Fans have such rose colored glasses when it comes to a rookie that is performing well. I think Walker is awesome and has a chance to be very good. He isnt infallible. He makes mistakes and has bad games.

Is this a bad game or is it always the coach's fault if he cant get on the court?

Definitely not a bad game by kessler. He got 5 minutes lol and had 3 rebounds and a block in those five minutes. Probably win that game if he played more.
There were a bumch of guys who did have a bad game that night though. Beasely, clarkson, THT and NAW all played bad.

Definitely not a bad game by kessler. He got 5 minutes lol and had 3 rebounds and a block in those three minutes. Probably win that game if he played more.
There were a bumch of guys who did have a bad game that night though. Beasely, clarkson, THT and NAW all played bad.

Wow, turns out it's incredibly easy to talk yourself into a certain player being the best and most consistent when you can deflect any bad performance on the coach.

Is this a bad game? Just curious what constitutes a bad game when you only take 4 shots per game on average.

Ya thats a bad game. 0% from the field, zero blocks, dodnt rebound great (had good assist numbers though)
Thankfully i didnt ever say that he had zero bad games or is perfect. Just our most consistent player.

Wow, turns out it's incredibly easy to talk yourself into a certain player being the best and most consistent when you can deflect any bad performance on the coach.

Tell me what that box score shows that he did badly in his 5 minutes.
It doesnt show him shooting badly or rebounding badly or defending badly or turning the ball over badly or fouling badly. It was 5 minutes lol

I watch games and I dont blame every time he gets benched on the Coach.

You didnt answer the question.
You provided a box score as evidence of a bad game. Show me how that box score shows he had a bad game.

You didnt answer the question.
You provided a box score as evidence of a bad game. Show me how that box score shows he had a bad game.

Sir I provided a box score because it's the metric you wanted to use to argue he is the most consistent on the team and I just proved you wrong by your own criteria.

The whole premise of your argument is borderline ridiculous that we are comparing the consistency of a player who takes 3.7 shots per game to our primary and secondary playmakers. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Sir I provided a box score because it's the metric you wanted to use to argue he is the most consistent on the team and I just proved you wrong by your own criteria.

The whole premise of your argument is borderline ridiculous that we are comparing the consistency of a player who takes 3.7 shots per game to our primary and secondary playmakers. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

You provided a box score that didnt show him playing badly lol. The second box score you provided was a good one though. And i admitted that.
1 bad game in a sample size as large as the season so far shows just how consistently good kessler has been. I appreciate you.

The Ringer came out with a top 100 players (real time list). Lauri, Clarkson, Conley, and KO all in the top 100. Walker Kessler was not.