What's new

Walker Kessler Should No Longer Play Until KO is Traded

The Ringer came out with a top 100 players (real time list). Lauri, Clarkson, Conley, and KO all in the top 100. Walker Kessler was not.
Any players on that list averaging 17 minutes per game?
Your comment about apples to oranges was a good one. Im simply saying he is playing better than anyone on the team other than lauri based on what our players do in the minutes and opportunities given. Cant do as much when you are sitting on the bench.
Im of the opinion, just like most everyone, that if given a bigger role and more minutes that his effectiveness would decrease. That is conventional wisdom. And an assumption and a possiblity. Its not fact however. Fact is that when Kessler is on the court he is almost never hurting the team and almost always helping the team and producing as well as anyone on the team besides Lauri. Also, conventional wisdom can be wrong. There are outliers where players get more minutes and are asked to do more and they actually rise up and play even better. NAW is an example lately. We will only know after Kessler is given the minutes and opportunities.
Maybe if he was given the minutes and opportunities that the other guys on that list the ringer produced get he would be right up near the top. Just not possible for him to be on lists like that when he doesn't play enough.

Any players on that list averaging 17 minutes per game?
Your comment about apples to oranges was a good one. Im simply saying he is playing better than anyone on the team other than lauri based on what our players do in the minutes and opportunities given. Cant do as much when you are sitting on the bench.
Im of the opinion, just like most everyone, that if given a bigger role and more minutes that his effectiveness would decrease. That is conventional wisdom. And an assumption and a possiblity. Its not fact however. Fact is that when Kessler is on the court he is almost never hurting the team and almost always helping the team and producing as well as anyone on the team besides Lauri. Also, conventional wisdom can be wrong. There are outliers where players get more minutes and are asked to do more and they actually rise up and play even better. NAW is an examply lately. We will only know after he is given the minutes and opportunities.
Maybe if he was given the minutes and opportunities that the other guys on that list the ringer produced get he would be right up near the top. Just not possible for him to be on lists like that when he doesn't play enough.
Yes, it's Will Hardy's fault Walker Kessler is only having a mere amazing rookie season on low minutes and isnt a top 100 player already as the 22nd pick in the draft.

Yes, it's Will Hardy's fault Walker Kessler is only having a mere amazing rookie season on low minutes and isnt a top 100 player already as the 22nd pick in the draft.
You think I think that hardy has made kessler not good or something? Lol. Quite the opposite. I think Kessler is awesome (weird you didn't know that already) I think Hardy should be up for coach of the year. I also think Kessler should play more. You didn't answer the question again. Are any of the dudes on the list the ringer put out averaging 17 minutes per game?

You think I think that hardy has made kessler not good or something? Lol. Quite the opposite. I think Kessler is awesome (weird you didn't know that already) I think Hardy should be up for coach of the year. I also think Kessler should play more. You didn't answer the question again. Are any of the dudes on the list the ringer put out averaging 17 minutes per game?

I doubt any player on that list is playing less than 25 mins a game lol.

How much credit does Alex Jensen get for Kessler's early success? It's an honest question that I don't know and I'm not sure anybody outside of the team really knows.

I have a theory that Alex Jensen is the greatest center coach in the league, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. His success rate so far is pretty great, but it's hard to know how much he can really take credit for. What seems consistent to me is that Alex Jensen coached centers focus on what they can do that is most impactful for winning games vs trying to do a lot of stuff outside of their abilities.

The Ringer came out with a top 100 players (real time list). Lauri, Clarkson, Conley, and KO all in the top 100. Walker Kessler was not.
Think there are only two rookies on the list doe... I would not expect Walker to be there now... but maybe by year end.

Conley, Olynyk, Clarkson, Lauri. These are the players that are consistently playing big minutes against opposing starters and putting us in the position to win while presenting huge matchups problems for the opposing team.
Now you’re just shutting your eyes and windmilling. Throwing silly **** out there. You are saying Clarkson is consistent? Get the **** out

I like how there is no nuance. Its either he sucks or he is great and also love when someone digs in even harder when evidence mounts they were wrong. Never change, humanity, never change.

I like how there is no nuance. Its either he sucks or he is great and also love when someone digs in even harder when evidence mounts they were wrong. Never change, humanity, never change.

BUT BUT BUT HE ISN’T ON THE RINGERS TOP-100 LIST MORON

Tbf, that list carries a lot of historical value as well. KAT is 25th. He is NOT the 25th best player in the league right now.

Well we have barely changed in thousands of years. I am sure human nature will continue apace.

And maybe even more importantly, it makes the game much easier for everyone else.

Kessler just isnt a vertical threat right now and he mucks the game up too much without much benefit.
You have no idea what you’re looking at when you watch basketball. That is absolutely confirmed.

I’m still waiting for cy to answer my question from last week

What current players or picks would you give up to get your mate Rudy back ?

I’m guessing Kessler isn’t part of that package now

I’m still waiting for cy to answer my question from last week
I hope you don't do this for every question you post on jazzfanz :D

1671712919573.png

Regarding Kessler. He is great and all but to call him our 2nd best player now is a bit of a stretch. Consistent? Yes, but his role is limited too. He has a lot of potential and is our best asset now. I hope he becomes our starter very very soon. He is fun to watch.