What's new

We need a backup Center

saying that Bradley is a “lesser” version of JV is like saying that CJ Miles is a “lesser” version of Ray Allen. It’s such an asinine comparison that it renders your point useless. Thanks for the nbadraft.net links from several years ago (JV’s profile is almost a decade old). Very helpful. I’m just thankful we have that data from nbadraft.net to rely on instead of actual playing experience from those two players.
except not much of TB's playing experience for you to rely on. this is his first real nba season. all those analyst get paid to make player comparison on rookies freshly drafted on draft day and those comparisons aren't made based on playing experience but on playstyle, goals for development, etc.

comparing a 21 yr old who's still figuring things out to an established vet who's very much in his prime based on their game experience is just silly. like, "zion is basically another charles barkley". well, is he playing like a HoFer/mvp right now or what? that's not what i was suggesting at all.

Last edited:
except not much of TB's playing experience for you to rely on. this is his first real nba season. all those analyst get paid to make player comparison on rookies freshly drafted on draft day and those comparisons aren't made based on playing experience but on playstyle, goals for development, etc.

comparing a 21 yr old who's still figuring things out to an established vet who's very much in his prime based on their game experience is just silly. like, "zion is basically another charles barkley". well, is he playing like a HoFer/mvp right now or what? that's not what i was suggesting at all.

this conversation is going nowhere. Sigh

how so? what you were saying is basically like 'zion right now is trash compared to charles barkely in his prime". it's pretty clear that you aren't going anywhere with such argument.

huh? I have no idea how you got that from any of my posts. Careful with your next post, you’re nearing blocking territory.

as if i care lol. i block posters who only wanna trash on other posters without making any effort in making a convincing/meaningful arguments to justify their actions.

i'm perfectly fine if those posters wanna block me themselves.

huh? I have no idea how you got that from any of my posts. Careful with your next post, you’re nearing blocking territory.
like "a 21 yr old tony bradley is trash compared to a 27 yr old JV who's at his prime"? sounds familiar somewhat? rings the bell for you a little bit?

oh, forgot to mention.

a 21-22 yr old JV. 21 and 16 on every 100 possession. 58% true shooting. -1.4 BPM. 112 ortg. 104 drtg.

a 21-22 yr old TB. 21 and 19 on every 100 possession. 63% true shooting. 1.0 BPM. 124 ortg. 103 drtg.

as if i care lol. i block posters who only wanna trash on other posters without making any effort in making a convincing/meaningful arguments to justify their actions.

i'm perfectly fine if those posters wanna block me themselves.

You act as if there isn’t ample enough data to dismiss Bradley as a bad NBA player. As if his lack of athleticism and poor play aren’t relevant. Apparently you need a peer reviewed empirical study. Sorry, I don’t have that.

like "a 21 yr old tony bradley is trash compared to a 27 yr old JV who's at his prime"? sounds familiar somewhat? rings the bell for you a little bit?

oh, forgot to mention.

a 21-22 yr old JV. 21 and 16 on every 100 possession. 58% true shooting. -1.4 BPM. 112 ortg. 104 drtg.

a 21-22 yr old TB. 21 and 19 on every 100 possession. 63% true shooting. 1.0 BPM. 124 ortg. 103 drtg.

keep making those Bradley and JV comparisons. Keep digging.

You act as if there isn’t ample enough data to dismiss Bradley as a bad NBA player. As if his lack of athleticism and poor play aren’t relevant. Apparently you need a peer reviewed empirical study.
yeah, actually there is enough data to dismiss bradley as a "bad nba player". and i did just that.

keep trashing on me. keep avoiding all attempts to justify your argument. ***block alert

there’s no need to trash you. Your asinine comparisons do that by themselves. And Bradley’s play (unfortunately) justifies our criticisms of him. He’s just not an NBA player. I don’t know why you’ve deemed yourself his #1 defender. Seems weird. But there’s always fanboys of certain players out there. I’ve seen them for quite some time. Raul Lopez to Curtis B to Kanter to Exum and now to Bradley.

As I said in another thread, our backup centers will prevent this team from winning a championship no matter how well everyone else plays.

lol. No. He’s a very bad nba player. I’ll be shocked if any nba team picks him up after his rookie contract expires.
again, depends on what expectation you have for him. he's a "bad nba player" if you compare him to those starting caliber centers in the league right now. but as a back up C he's doing just fine.

he may be a "bad nba player" in some of you guys's eyes and it's ok.

almost all teams have "bad nba players" that won't stick around for long. but "bad nba players" are still actual "nba players" and will receive PT, and most of them are in it for a reason(likewise most players out of this league are also out for a reason).

like some of you guys here loved neto despite him being the very embodiment of a "bad nba player". it's all about the expectation. we expected nothing out of neto(even though we very much should've) while everyone right now having this unrealistically high expectation on our backup C at the moment. i do not. that's why i'm defending him

Last edited:
I have to say that Bradley has not been playing that poorly on the offensive end. It's on defense that he struggles and he's not being helped by the unfair calls he's getting from the officials. Sometimes I think all Thriller knows about is politics and is a dumb **** when it comes to basketball.

Reactions: SCS
I have to say that Bradley has not been playing that poorly on the offensive end. It's on defense that he struggles and he's not being helped by the unfair calls he's getting from the officials. Sometimes I think all Thriller knows about is politics and is a dumb **** when it comes to basketball.

ohhhh boy. The refs. Lol

He gets an abnormal amount of foul calls because he’s so damn unathletic. He gets to places late and fouls people overcompensating for his lack of agility and a vertical leap. Don’t blame the refs.

ohhhh boy. The refs. Lol

He gets an abnormal amount of foul calls because he’s so damn unathletic. He gets to places late and fouls people overcompensating for his lack of agility and a vertical leap. Don’t blame the refs.
Very true, but you also have to admit that a lot of those calls are ticky-tacky touch calls and they let go a lot more egregious contact in the paint. It's just those touch calls are easy to spot and the physical contact is more difficult to call because it isn't out in the open like the calls they make against Bradley when he and his man are isolated. And what about those calls when Donovan is getting the crap beaten out of him and they don't call it -- how can you compare those to the calls they make against Bradley? He barely breathes on the guy yet Donovan gets knocked to the floor, hit in the head or eye, etc., and they don't call anything?

there’s no need to trash you. Your asinine comparisons do that by themselves. And Bradley’s play (unfortunately) justifies our criticisms of him. He’s just not an NBA player. I don’t know why you’ve deemed yourself his #1 defender. Seems weird. But there’s always fanboys of certain players out there. I’ve seen them for quite some time. Raul Lopez to Curtis B to Kanter to Exum and now to Bradley.

As I said in another thread, our backup centers will prevent this team from winning a championship no matter how well everyone else plays.

He is not good enough to be our back up against playoffs teams but he is definitely not a scrub like you try to present him. He is still very young and learning. His defense is still mostly bad but it's also true that he gets some bad calls (which in fair is also result of him fouling a lot so they don't give him a benefit of doubt). But offensively he has improved a lot. Just look at those statistics (I took them from slcdunk):
Points per possesion as roll man:
Rudy - 1,14
Tony - 1,54
Ed - 0,6

Screen assists per 36
Rudy - 8,2
Tony - 7,1
Ed - 5,4

Total rebounding percentage:
Rudy - 20,6
Tony - 17,7
Ed - 17,4

Defensive field goal percentage:
Rudy - 39,1
Tony - 42,6
Ed - 48,5

The reality is that there aren’t hardly any good back up centers in the league. We’ve grown accustomed to having Favors in our second unit who was still a top 10 center last year. There isn’t anyone on a reasonable contract that can do significantly than TB and that a team would be willing to give up. Just not realistic. And most team’s back up centers are terrible.