Laramie

35289593343_11f43a5bfd_b.jpg

99d4ec076f0a4f6b0afab7b71c588435--biomimicry-in-architecture-oklahoma-city.jpg

ChesapeakeArenaDSC_5600.jpg

Chesapeake Energy Arena: 100 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Sunday, April 15 vs Utah 5:30 PM TNT CST
Wednesday, April 18 vs Utah 7:00 PM NBATV CST

Attractions in Oklahoma City, OK: https://local.thecityofoklahomacity.com/oklahoma-city-attractions.html

Downtown Hotels: https://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g51560-d108485-Bricktown-Oklahoma_City_Oklahoma-Hotel-Deals.html

Downtown Restaurants: Oklahoma City: https://www.zomato.com/oklahoma-city/downtown-restaurants

Welcome those of you who will be in attendance in our city; hope you have a good time & enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

The Thriller

Chesapeake Arena in Oklahoma? 1,000 miles away from the actual Chesapeake Bay? Glad to see we weren't the only arena with a stupid name. Never will get over Energy Dump arena.

Oklahoma sucks. Hope we sweep them and make Westbrook cry. I'd love to beat Melo again in the playoffs just like that brilliant series we had against Denver all those years ago.

Last edited:

Joe Bagadonuts

^Ignore this dork.

I have a friend who was on a military base in Oklahoma. He said the main thing they do for entertainment there is drink. Is that true?

I have met many people from Oklahoma who vacation in Utah. I've never met anyone from Utah who vacations in Oklahoma... though I once went there for a bike race. It was hotter 'n hell.

Laramie

24302108_1004275619715349_3851072163925958963_o.jpg

Just want to caution those of you who lease vehicles; it is very difficult to travel in the downtown area, OKC is under going a massive a $1.2 billion construction of streets, bridges, sewer & 6.8 miles of streetcar rail construction.

Last edited:

Laramie

Chesapeake Arena in Oklahoma? 1,000 miles away from the actual Chesapeake Bay? Glad to see we weren't the only arena with a stupid name. Never will get over Energy Dump arena.

Oklahoma sucks. Hope we sweep them and make Westbrook cry. I'd love to beat Melo again in the playoffs just like that brilliant series we had against Denver all those years ago.

Your avatar is a famous, Oklahoman: Chuck Norris, the 77-year-old actor, screenwriter and martial artist was born in Ryan, Oklahoma on March 10, 1940. He was the star of Walker, Texas Ranger, which premiered in 1993. If your pic is not Chuck Norris, you look a lot like him...

Siro

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
1.2b isn't that massive for a major infrastructure project. Cost twice that to build the City Creek mall in downtown SLC.

UB

100% certified ****boii
Contributor
Nice thread. Classy. Please post some history about your city. I am familiar with Tulsa once being hailed as Black Wall Street and later the bombings there. But I'd like to learn some more cool facts about OKC. Something about Brick City there, too? You guys are rich from oil? Pretty close association with Native Americans and the Trail of Tears?

Thanks for visiting.

gomretat

OK is fine. And since the arena naming rights are based upon Chesapeake Energy I am guessing they could care less about the bay.