Laramie

35289593343_11f43a5bfd_b.jpg

99d4ec076f0a4f6b0afab7b71c588435--biomimicry-in-architecture-oklahoma-city.jpg

ChesapeakeArenaDSC_5600.jpg

Chesapeake Energy Arena: 100 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Sunday, April 15 vs Utah 5:30 PM TNT CST
Wednesday, April 18 vs Utah 7:00 PM NBATV CST

Attractions in Oklahoma City, OK: https://local.thecityofoklahomacity.com/oklahoma-city-attractions.html

Downtown Hotels: https://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g51560-d108485-Bricktown-Oklahoma_City_Oklahoma-Hotel-Deals.html

Downtown Restaurants: Oklahoma City: https://www.zomato.com/oklahoma-city/downtown-restaurants

Welcome those of you who will be in attendance in our city; hope you have a good time & enjoy your stay.

Last edited:
Chesapeake Arena in Oklahoma? 1,000 miles away from the actual Chesapeake Bay? Glad to see we weren't the only arena with a stupid name. Never will get over Energy Dump arena.

Oklahoma sucks. Hope we sweep them and make Westbrook cry. I'd love to beat Melo again in the playoffs just like that brilliant series we had against Denver all those years ago.

Last edited:
^Ignore this dork.

I have a friend who was on a military base in Oklahoma. He said the main thing they do for entertainment there is drink. Is that true?

I have met many people from Oklahoma who vacation in Utah. I've never met anyone from Utah who vacations in Oklahoma... though I once went there for a bike race. It was hotter 'n hell.

24302108_1004275619715349_3851072163925958963_o.jpg

Just want to caution those of you who lease vehicles; it is very difficult to travel in the downtown area, OKC is under going a massive a $1.2 billion construction of streets, bridges, sewer & 6.8 miles of streetcar rail construction.

Last edited:
Chesapeake Arena in Oklahoma? 1,000 miles away from the actual Chesapeake Bay? Glad to see we weren't the only arena with a stupid name. Never will get over Energy Dump arena.

Oklahoma sucks. Hope we sweep them and make Westbrook cry. I'd love to beat Melo again in the playoffs just like that brilliant series we had against Denver all those years ago.

Your avatar is a famous, Oklahoman: Chuck Norris, the 77-year-old actor, screenwriter and martial artist was born in Ryan, Oklahoma on March 10, 1940. He was the star of Walker, Texas Ranger, which premiered in 1993. If your pic is not Chuck Norris, you look a lot like him...

1.2b isn't that massive for a major infrastructure project. Cost twice that to build the City Creek mall in downtown SLC.

Nice thread. Classy. Please post some history about your city. I am familiar with Tulsa once being hailed as Black Wall Street and later the bombings there. But I'd like to learn some more cool facts about OKC. Something about Brick City there, too? You guys are rich from oil? Pretty close association with Native Americans and the Trail of Tears?

Thanks for visiting.

OK is fine. And since the arena naming rights are based upon Chesapeake Energy I am guessing they could care less about the bay.

^Ignore this dork.

I have a friend who was on a military base in Oklahoma. He said the main thing they do for entertainment there is drink. Is that true?

I have met many people from Oklahoma who vacation in Utah. I've never met anyone from Utah who vacations in Oklahoma... though I once went there for a bike race. It was hotter 'n hell.
Uhh, that's the main thing people do in every city for entertainment.

Had a friend from Tulsa. Coolest guy ever. Addicted to Dr. Pepper and country music. When drunk he could speak for hours about how downtown Tulsa was ruined by the massive expansion of surface parking. He still continues his fight against surface parking (sidenote: we studied urban planning together).

Anyway, thanks for stoping by @Laramie. I've never been to OKC but I'm sure it's a cool place. Having said that, I hope the Jazz crushes OKC tomorrow :D. Jazz in 7!

Last edited:
^Ignore this dork.

Oklahoma sucks ***.

It has one of the worst education systems (stuff that actually matters) in the nation. It's terrible. Ugly state, boring as hell. People think Utah is boring? Oklahoma is far worse.

BTW, you can drink anywhere.

I once interviewed in Tulsa. They took us downtown to a restaurant where I got swordfish. It was unbelievable and I’ve been raving about it nearly 6 years later. Last week I was at Smith’s and saw they were selling swordfish so I bought some. My three hour old loved it. However, it wasn’t nearly as good as what I ate in Tulsa.

Tulsa (Little Houston), our sister city has very rigid & strict regulations regarding food & beverage. Looks ablaze & fiery at night. Greenwood district (black wall street) was once the most affluent black community (outside New York) in the 1920s prior to Oklahoma's worst race riot in U.S.

They have excellent restaurants & food establishments.

BTW, Tulsa & Wichita, KS combine for over 4,500 Thunder season ticket holders.

Last edited:

Tulsa (Little Houston), our sister city has very rigid & strict regulations regarding food & beverage. They have excellent restaurants & food establishments.
What's the dominant religious affiliation there?