What's new

"We're going to war, bro."

Couldn’t an Iraqi think the same about W?
Who’s gotten away with not a small number of war crimes?

I won't argue with you on the merits of this guy, just know that he is responsible for many American lives being taken, one of which was actually a friend of mine outside of Kirkuk in 2007. So you'll have to excuse me for my views of the man, they aren't pretty. He was an evil person and got whatbwas coming to him and that's all I will say.

I won't argue with you on the merits of this guy, just know that he is responsible for many American lives being taken, one of which was actually a friend of mine outside of Kirkuk in 2007. So you'll have to excuse me for my views of the man, they aren't pretty. He was an evil person and got whatbwas coming to him and that's all I will say.
Sorry about your loss, and the rest of innocent lives that have been lost to this war on terror.

He's absolutely a terrorist and one with the complete backing of Iran. Do some research. The world is better off without him. Just because most people don't know who he really was does not change who the man was or what he did to people.

Is the world better off with Soleimani dead and Iran steaming off to build a nuclear weapon since the United States has backed them in a corner? Is the world better off with the United States threatening the world with war crimes?

Or was the world better off with Soleimani alive and the nuclear deal in place? Is the world better off with the United States using diplomacy?

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Tries to Justify Spreading Iranian Propaganda, It Does Not End Well
https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama...ding-iranian-propaganda-it-does-not-end-well/

This is a good point, to point out family members of American servicemen and women stationed at those bases are hearing Chris Hayes describe what the Iranians were saying about their missile strikes. I heard that last night when Hayes was talking about it. My first thought was how did the Iranians possibly know how many Americans they had killed that quickly, and who provided them that figure? I did not think of the effect on family members, but that's a point worth raising.

On the other hand, what the Iranians were saying is part of the story, and I expect reporters to cover the entire story. When a story is unfolding, and confusion is holding sway, mistakes seem to happen nearly every time. The networks and news organizations just update in real time, but everyone seems to know that's the way it works when it's breaking news, not fully settled news. Casualty figures change, they go up, they go down. It was one gunman, not two. Just examples of mistakes that seem very common to breaking news situations.

Still, I think the powers that be at MSNBC could have told Hayes to hold off on that altogether, including any disclaimer about "not verified by Americans". Until they knew the truth of the matter. Out of respect for family members and friends who had a much greater personal stake in what was happening in Iraq. The figure quoted was intended for Iranian domestic purposes, and a sharper sensibility might have guessed that and held back spreading that "rumor", until or unless it was absolutely verified.

I don't think this is something where one actually tries to shame Hayes, however. It's the nature of the game in breaking news developments. It's unfortunate in hindsight for sure.

I think the criticism is simply because Hayes is a liberal. It cannot compare to Hannity filling his listeners minds with mindless and baseless conspiracy lies on a nightly basis, after all. No comparison whatsoever. Hayes is at least trying to cover the news honestly. Fox is trying to destroy American democracy altogether. Quite a difference.

Is the world better off with Soleimani dead and Iran steaming off to build a nuclear weapon since the United States has backed them in a corner? Is the world better off with the United States threatening the world with war crimes?

Or was the world better off with Soleimani alive and the nuclear deal in place? Is the world better off with the United States using diplomacy?
No way to tell tbh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

FWIW. I think his role as an adversary of the US has warped our view of him somewhat as a uniquely evil man
View attachment 8750

Do you have a link that works in the U.S.? I could not find a link in your comment, but googled the BBC program. Problem was it said the player could only be used in the U.K.

Found the original tweet, and the thread said this link would work outside the U.K.:

https://www.aparat.com/v/TuBzI/فرما...وهای_مسلح_ایران?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
Trump nearly brought death to thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands. He is playing war games like it's fiction TV. You have to be really dumb to support this insanity. My estimation of Iran has gone up and my estimation of Trump has remained the same. He's Hitler.

I think there's more to this.
  • I think Iran showed that they have cruise missiles and are no longer scared to use them (because we escalated this situation to such a degree). I can't remember any time recently where an enemy has used cruise missiles against us. New era in warfare?
  • However, even then, their measured response for them to show strength while giving the Trump administration an exit ramp. So well played Iranian leadership! Glad to see at least one side has adults in the room. Trump nearly bumbled himself into war.
  • Hezbollah reported that they wouldn't attack any cultural sites. When a terrorist organization looks better than your country's leadership, you know it's bad...
  • I think Iraq now has even more reason to kick us out. They don't want other countries shooting cruise missiles into their country in attempts to get at American forces.
  • Finally, America continues to look like a dysfunctional nation completely unprepared for war. We continuously alienate our allies. We are led by a child and his party will stand by him no matter the cost. Why wouldn't Russia, Iran, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and China push the bounds of what's acceptable?

I felt safer with Soleimani still alive but Iran abiding by the nuclear deal than with Soleimani dead and America voiding the nuclear deal.

Yet I spew nonsense apparently.... holy **** dude.

Yet I spew nonsense apparently.... holy **** dude.

that’s because you don’t understand that nuclear weapons are worse than conventional weapons because you’re an irrational person. Not shredding deals is a good thing. Working with other countries and not assassinating their leaders is a good thing. Not alienating your allies is a good thing. Not committing war crimes is a good thing. You argue about these things because you’re an irrational person sucking on Trump’s ****. I think you’re done here.

Last edited: