What's new

What are Republicans doing to Unify the country?

Just one example of the number of posts in a row with articles. Make your point, step away. Reply to a counterpoint, step away. Posting 5+ articles from various sources borders on trolling. My two cents.

And no idea why this forum is more blue. Probably isn’t it’s just those are the ones interacting with you.
No... It's having multiple things that I feel need to be brought fourth. Every one of these post have substance. I do admit it could be classified as spamming and I am trying not to flood the board as much admittedly but every post there has a different view point to wrong doings and story lines. And yes using the word cult was push back at how many times this place has called others cultist as I will provide evidence below. I was making a mockery of how silly it is. But as far as trolling no... Every post there had a different subject. Every post had a different angle of why I feel the entire thing is a hoax. Different stories come out at different times and so dues different evidence. Especially at this time as this was fresh. Democrats are trying to literally sandbag Trump with bs arrest and there are so many angles that one post will not cover it.

Now calling people cultist as I said was pushback abd my means to show these guys how immature it is. Is that a way to make a good point? I kind of think so. It's childish and unnecessary but it was meant to put a mirror up at the many times people have called Republicans cultist before I ever did. How is this "unifying"?

And I maintain that the board is mainly blue due to people coming here and being bullied by prominent posters. I will digress on that.

Last edited:

Just one example of the number of posts in a row with articles. Make your point, step away. Reply to a counterpoint, step away. Posting 5+ articles from various sources borders on trolling. My two cents.

And no idea why this forum is more blue. Probably isn’t it’s just those are the ones interacting with you.
I suspect a bit of confirmation bias as well - they perceive the board as being left-leaning, therefore the only parts of it they see are the left-leaning parts. And, given that they mostly respond to topics that have been created by those further left than they are, those often get sorted to the top.

Does this help unify the country? Does this help mend divisions in our society or does it further establish a hierarchy and diminish those who aren’t comfortable with placing the 10 commandments in schools? This isn’t about religion or morality. This is about a group of people at the top thumbing their noses at everyone else.

Besides, doesn’t texas have major problems with their electrical grid? Why don’t they work on that rather than pass nonsense like this? I guess it’s all performing for their base. Schools, books, trans kids can go pound sand

View: https://twitter.com/sawyerhackett/status/1649231594719248392?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

How the hell does this hold up at all. Are they going to set reading times for the Quran as well? What idiots.

I suspect a bit of confirmation bias as well - they perceive the board as being left-leaning, therefore the only parts of it they see are the left-leaning parts. And, given that they mostly respond to topics that have been created by those further left than they are, those often get sorted to the top.
What threads specifically are not created by left leaning posters and are not left leaning topics? The Biden thread was literally created to talk about Biden(check the very first sentence of that thread) but outside of me and the occasional buck or AI post it's been completely taken over with nothing but Trump and Trump supporter bashing. I am mostly the only one who ever brings up Biden and his failures. The Biden thread was specifically made and I quote to "I'm creating this thread to talk about politics and things not pertaining to Trump. As enticing as the impeach Trump thread has been, he's no longer president and I'm tired of talking about him." We can't even have a thread to discuss the Biden administration without posters here turning it into Trump bashing...

Every single political thread turns into nothing but Trump bashing or is made specifically to attack Trump or Republicans like in this thread.

Last edited:
What threads specifically are not created by left leaning posters and are not left leaning topics? The Biden thread was literally created to talk about Biden(check the very first sentence of that thread) but outside of me and the occasional buck or AI post it's been completely taken over with nothing but Trump and Trump supporter bashing. I am mostly the only one who ever brings up Biden and his failures. The Biden thread was specifically made and I quote to "I'm creating this thread to talk about politics and things not pertaining to Trump. As enticing as the impeach Trump thread has been, he's no longer president and I'm tired of talking about him." We can't even have a thread to discuss the Biden administration without posters here turning it into Trump bashing...

Every single political thread turns into nothing but Trump bashing or is made specifically to attack Trump or Republicans like in this thread.

Trump is interesting and also deserves widespread condemnation. Biden is obviously going to be compared to his predecessor. Republican's and Trump republicans are also worth discussing, they are a definite political phenomenon that is repeating itself in different ways around the world.

Over here our conservative party (like the UK conservatives) has its most right wing leader in its history, his predecessor was another far right, evangelistic Christian conservative. The recent election result for them was devastating, as a party they've almost disappeared in Melbourne and Sydney as non labour voters have deserted the party for independents that are pro business but also for climate change, social safety nets and so on. (Historically the position of the Liberal party. except for the climate stuff, they were historically a middle right wing party.) The consequence now is that it is almost impossible for them to form government in the future without retaking their heart land. The reaction by their leadership has been to move further to the right, which is interesting (and amusing) and reflects the problem they have as a party, in the last 25 years the liberal party internally has moved increasingly to the right. They are now so far out of touch with the electorate that they cant seem to find their way back to the political mainstream. (Liberal MPs have been attending rallies organised by neo Nazi groups.) In this country people have been disgusted by this sort of thing and are using the ballot box to punish them, in the US which has a similar but different two party system, this break away from Trumpism and tea party has never happened. Its interesting.

In the UK i think its likely that the Torries will be absolutely crushed at the next general election, largely because they've moved so far right that most voters find them repulsive.

Last edited:
Trump is interesting and also deserves widespread condemnation. Biden is obviously going to be compared to his predecessor. Republican's and Trump republicans are also worth discussing, they are a definite political phenomenon that is repeating itself in different ways around the world.

Over here our conservative party (like the UK conservatives) has its most right wing leader in its history, his predecessor was another far right, evangelistic Christian conservative. The recent election result for them was devastating, as a party they've almost disappeared in Melbourne and Sydney as non labour voters have deserted the party for independents that are pro business but also for climate change, social safety nets and so on. (Historically the position of the Liberal party. except for the climate stuff, they were historically a middle right wing party.) The consequence now is that it is almost impossible for them to form government in the future without retaking their heart land. The reaction by their leadership has been to move further to the right, which is interesting (and amusing) and reflects the problem they have as a party, in the last 25 years the liberal party internally has moved increasingly to the right. They are now so far out of touch with the electorate that they cant seem to find their way back to the political mainstream. (Liberal MPs have been attending rallies organised by neo Nazi groups.) In this country people have been disgusted by this sort of thing and are using the ballot box to punish them, in the US which has a similar but different two party system, this break away from Trumpism and tea party has never happened. Its interesting.

In the UK i think its likely that the Torries will be absolutely crushed at the next general election, largely because they've moved so far right that most voters find them repulsive.
I will respond to this when I get some time. See, I actually think post like this are productive.

How the hell does this hold up at all. Are they going to set reading times for the Quran as well? What idiots.
One would think that the court wouldn’t want this kind of chaos. But… you can’t take that for granted anymore. See abortion… and recent comments made about gay marriage. Alito and Thomas seem eager to plunge this country into the dark ages.

What have I said that's transphobic exactly. Can you be specific?
https://jazzfanz.com/threads/thread...ansphobic-comments.186030/page-3#post-2275783 and following.

I don't hate or fear trans people at all. But I'll give you a chance.
If an owner prevented black people from eating at their lunch counter, that was racist, even when the owner didn't hate or fear black people. When NASA shut down the first woman astronaut program, that was sexist, even though the people involved didn't say they hated or feared women. When you support denying medical treatment to trans kids, that's transphobic, even though you say you don't hate or fear them. The kids are nonetheless denied medical treatment don't take any solace from your feelings.

You created the thread to bully people who have a different opinion in an attempt to silence them and so your friends can demean them.
I stated my reason. I don't particularly care that you disbelieve, or are claiming to disbelieve it.

Last edited:
Can anybody show me where Republicans are showing up to speeches and being violent, crashing down doors injuring police, hitting women, burning flags, leaving thousands of marbles in the hallways to seriously injure innocent people like Democrats are doing? I like to see the Unifying Democrats point that out.

Are Republicans out rioting in Chicago beating the **** out of innocent shoppers stomping on their cars? Are Republicans looting stores? Are Republicans taking over city block and murdering 3 teenagers? Are Republicans burning down anti abortion clinics?

No... That the Democrats

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/thread...ansphobic-comments.186030/page-3#post-2275783 and following.

If an owner prevented black people from eating at their lunch counter, that was racist, even when the owner didn't hate or fear black people. When NASA shut down the first woman astronaut program, that was sexist, even though the people involved didn't say they hated or feared women. When you support denying medical treatment to trans kids, that's transphobic, even though you say you don't hate or fear them. The kids are nonetheless denied medical treatment don't take any solace from your feelings.

I stated my reason. I don't particularly care that you disbelieve, or are claiming to disbelieve it.
I knew you couldn't be specific because nothing I said was anti-Trans. Yeah you and I are done. Protecting kids from life altering surgeries is not transphobic you melodramatic bully. Even many medical professionals and even some in the community agree with me. I have stated at 18 I couldn't care less and it's their decision at that age of adulthood. I never said getting medical attention is wrong, I said chopping off their breast and penises before maturity is. Again even a chunk of medical professionals agree. It's sad that you are not mature enough to have an actual discussion. Instead you have to be a bigot and call someone looking out for what's best for trans and straight kids a phobe. Now I still disagree with 17 as the article below states but it still follows my point of protecting kids from the likes of you. Kids... Not adults... Kids. I guess medical professional are transphobes if we go off your ridiculous bigoted childish stance. Being concerned about age of mutilation and castration is not transhope and it is a well discussed issue if you aren't an immature child. Unlike you I can actually provide my side and actual research and discussion. You are incapable. You just are... So it's best I go back to stop giving you time.

Many experts say more kids are seeking such treatment because gender-questioning children are more aware of their medical options and facing less stigma.

Critics, including some from within the transgender treatment community, say some clinics are too quick to offer irreversible treatment to kids who would otherwise outgrow their gender-questioning.

Psychologist Erica Anderson resigned her post as a board member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health last year after voicing concerns about “sloppy” treatment given to kids without adequate counseling.

She is still a group member and supports the updated guidelines, which emphasize comprehensive assessments before treatment. But she says dozens of families have told her that doesn’t always happen.

“They tell me horror stories. They tell me, ‘Our child had 20 minutes with the doctor’” before being offered hormones, she said. “The parents leave with their hair on fire.”

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), a leading organization for transgender health worldwide whose membership consists of physicians and educators, publishes Standards of Care and Ethical Guidelines for the treatment of transgender patients.

Though WPATH’s Standards of Care was last updated in 2011 and is under revision, even the current standards suggest that individuals at the age of majority in a given country (for the United States, that’s 18) who have lived for at least 12 months in accordance with their gender identity should be eligible for genital surgery, and that chest surgeries can be done earlier.

the guidelines for the medical care of transgender patients, developed by organizations such as the Endocrine Society and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, do not recommend puberty blockers for children who have not reached puberty; do not recommend hormone treatment for those under 16 years old; and typically restrict genital reassignment surgery to those 18 and older, who also meet other criteria.

Offering sex-changing treatment to kids younger than 18 raises ethical concerns, and their parents' motives need to be closely examined, said Dr. Margaret Moon, a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics' bioethics committee. She was not involved in any of the reports.

Some kids may get a psychiatric diagnosis when they are just hugely uncomfortable with narrowly defined gender roles; or some may be gay and are coerced into treatment by parents more comfortable with a sex change than having a homosexual child, said Moon, who teaches at the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics.

It's harmful "to have an irreversible treatment too early," Moon said.

I wish you the best.

Last edited:
When NASA shut down the first woman astronaut program, that was sexist, even though the people involved didn't say they hated or feared women.
NASA never shut down the first woman astronaut program. I imagine you are referring to the so-called 'Mercury 13'. Despite the propaganda and out-of-context tidbits indicating some sort of government involvement, NASA had nothing to do with it, and it was shut down because the women couldn't pass the centrifuge tests. They did great on the other tests, in most cases even beating their male counterparts, but they couldn't come close to the men when it came to the centrifuge, and that was the single most important test. The guy with the top centrifuge score was the first one to go up. The guy with the second best centrifuge score was the second one to go up.

In reality, what is now referred to as the Mercury 13 was an effort by Jackie Cochran to become an astronaut. She had her rich husband pay for a fake astronaut program to prove women were the equal of men. The testing went great until the centrifuge where men simply have a physiological advantage when it came to staying conscious under extreme g-forces. The most promising of the female candidates was Jerrie Cobb who failed so badly in the centrifuge that Jackie Cochran immediately stopped funding the program to prevent that data from being used to permanently bar women from space. It wasn't NASA who shut down the program, it was Jackie Cochran.

It wasn't as big of a deal for the Russians because their R7 rockets weren't powerful enough to kill people by accelerating them too hard. The Americans, in their rush to pull ahead in the space race after the Russians had launched Sputnik, were using repurposed ICBMs with derated engines that would still push close to 9 Gs of acceleration. Women would have been fine on the Saturn rocket that went to the moon, and they were obviously fine on the under-powered Russian R7 rockets but not on the Atlas ICBMs used in Project Mercury, or the Titan II ICBMs used for Project Gemini. As the name 'Mercury 13' indicates, Jackie Cochran's group was during the Project Mercury era and the women's inability to handle the G-forces were a show stopper. Instead the earlier tests showing how women were beating the men in all the astronaut tests became a powerful piece in propaganda, but the idea of NASA shutting down the first woman astronaut program isn't true.

That isn't to say there was no discrimination in the early space program. While none of the women from the Mercury 13 were qualified, one who was probably was discriminated out of a spot in the Mercury Seven was John L Whitehead Jr. The same sort of discrimination also likely stopped Edward J. Dwight, Jr. from being included in the Project Gemini astronauts. They faced real discrimination from NASA.

I knew you couldn't be specific because nothing I said was anti-Trans.
I pointed specifically to the post, which was anti-Trans.

Yeah you and I are done.
I'll survive.

Protecting kids from life altering surgeries
Preventing kids from receiving life-saving/life-enhancing medications and referring to their doctors as "molesters" is transphobic, period.

is not transphobic you melodramatic bully.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I never said getting medical attention is wrong, I said chopping off their breast and penises before maturity is.
You referenced 10-year-olds, who don't get such surgeries. In a later post, you said they were being "indoctrinated", denying their understanding of themself. No one is fooled by the lies you tell yourself to comfort yourself, except you.

I guess medical professional are transphobes if we go off your ridiculous bigoted childish stance.
Some of them, sure, just as some medical professionals are especially sexist or racist. Being a doctor is no guarantee of being a good person.

it is a well discussed issue if you aren't an immature child.
Then discuss it with maturity, instead of calling people molesters who want to lop off body parts.

Unlike you I can actually provide my side and actual research and discussion.
So far, you have provided minority opinions, anecdotes, and the positions of the lawyers in a case. If you want to actually discuss research, we can. Of course, actual research relies on well-founded opinions, data, and the positions of scientists and doctors, you don't often go into those waters.

Many experts say more kids are seeking such treatment because gender-questioning children are more aware of their medical options and facing less stigma.

Critics, including some from within the transgender treatment community, say some clinics are too quick to offer irreversible treatment to kids who would otherwise outgrow their gender-questioning.
I agree that irreversible treatments should be delayed for several years. Most of the ranting in that other thread concerned reversible treatment, like puberty blockers.

the guidelines for the medical care of transgender patients, developed by organizations such as the Endocrine Society and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, do not recommend puberty blockers for children who have not reached puberty; do not recommend hormone treatment for those under 16 years old; and typically restrict genital reassignment surgery to those 18 and older, who also meet other criteria.
Don't pretend that these are your positions; they're not the ones you have stated in the past. You oppose puberty blockers for those in puberty, as opposed to just the ones not yet in puberty. You oppose hormone treatment in 16- and 17-year-olds. You oppose top surgery under 18, these guidelines say it can sometimes be appropriate. I find the suggestions that you bolded very reasonable, although I don't have the expertise to say that I recommend them.

I wish you the best.
Same to you.

NASA never shut down the first woman astronaut program. I imagine you are referring to the so-called 'Mercury 13'. Despite the propaganda and out-of-context tidbits indicating some sort of government involvement, NASA had nothing to do with it, and it was shut down because the women couldn't pass the centrifuge tests.

After that, I did the Martin-Baker ejection seat testing, the centrifuge testing … I took Mother's wickedest Merry-Widow girdle and made my own G-suit for the test — it got me through four laps without graying out, and a trip to 39,000 feet in the altitude chamber."

Is Jerrie Cobb lying?

(Funk later passed a centrifuge test in which she blew the minds of attending Marines by taking a full five G's without blacking out, even though regulations did not permit her to borrow a regulation G-suit. Unbeknown to the men present, she was wearing a full-length "merry widow," an old-fashioned cinching girdle borrowed from her mother, for support.)

Is this article wrong? I can find more. What's your source for saying the women could not pass the centrifuge test?

It wasn't NASA who shut down the program, it was Jackie Cochran.

Again, from the Salon article:
Day 3 of the hearings was canceled. The congressmen had heard enough and ruled that future astronauts would come from the ranks of military jet test pilots. Since no women were allowed to train as test pilots until a decade later, the policy officially slammed the door shut on the Mercury 13.

It wasn't as big of a deal for the Russians because their R7 rockets weren't powerful enough to kill people by accelerating them too hard. The Americans, in their rush to pull ahead in the space race after the Russians had launched Sputnik, were using repurposed ICBMs with derated engines that would still push close to 9 Gs of acceleration.

Shepard was subjected to a maximum acceleration of 6.3g just before the Redstone engine shut down, two minutes and 22 seconds after launch. Freedom 7's space-fixed velocity was 5,134 miles per hour (8,262 km/h), close to the planned value.
The women could handle up to 5g without the proper equipment, yet 6.5g was impossible?

but the idea of NASA shutting down the first woman astronaut program isn't true.
Technically, I suppose it was Congress, although NASA made the recommendations for Congress to follow.

That isn't to say there was no discrimination in the early space program. While none of the women from the Mercury 13 were qualified, one who was probably was discriminated out of a spot in the Mercury Seven was John L Whitehead Jr. The same sort of discrimination also likely stopped Edward J. Dwight, Jr. from being included in the Project Gemini astronauts. They faced real discrimination from NASA.
Yup.

Can the party of unity tell me a single current Republican African American that the Democratic party doesn't despise and call Uncle Tom, traitor, or something unifying like that? Clarence Thomas? Tim Scott? Candace Owens? Burgess? Ben Carson? Allen West? Hershel? Larry Elder? Diamond and Silk(rip)? Hodge twins? Byron Donalds? Jennifer Ruth Green?

All have been called some pretty terrible thing by the Party that hypocritically thinks they unify....

Last edited:
Can the party of unity tell me a single current Republican African American that the Democratic party doesn't despise and call Uncle Tom, traitor, or something unifying like that?
All of them. The Democratic Party doesn't label their opponents (nor does the Republican Party). Individual Democrats engage in this behavior, as individual Republicans engage in even more defamatory rhetoric.

Clarence Thomas? Tim Scott? Candace Owens? Burgess? Ben Carson? Allen West? Hershel? Larry Elder? Diamond and Silk(rip)? Hodge twins? Byron Donalds? Jennifer Ruth Green?
Can you name one instqance of, for example, Nancy Pelosi calling these people "Uncle Tom" or "traitor"? How about a DNC chairperson?