What's new

What Are Your Greatest Fears For Yourself?

We have a suspended slab to create a room below our garage. Very paranoid about that collapsing. We're finishing it off and I'm sure I'll be paranoid any time someone is sleeping down there.

Haha. What?

Ive never heard of that. Is that like some 2x4's and sheet rock holding up a slab of concrete plus cars parked on it? Am I understanding this correctly?

Jesus. How did that happen?

I get nervous dropping my daughter off at school and don't let her go between my car and the one dropping off behind us. Based on what I see around that school there's way too many moms on drugs.

Whats the problem with mom's on drugs? Its not your body. They should be able to do what they want. Legalize all drugs I say.

C'mon, it's for the mother-in-law isn't it?
No. Eventually kids’ rooms when we banish them to the basement as teenagers.
Haha. What?

Ive never heard of that. Is that like some 2x4's and sheet rock holding up a slab of concrete plus cars parked on it? Am I understanding this correctly?
Concrete foundation walls, then you lay a concrete slab on top of them and then pour the floor of the garage over it. No wood, but there’s only like 4” of lip around the perimeter where all those slabs sit.

No. Eventually kids’ rooms when we banish them to the basement as teenagers.

Concrete foundation walls, then you lay a concrete slab on top of them and then pour the floor of the garage over it. No wood, but there’s only like 4” of lip around the perimeter where all those slabs sit.

Still though. Even with the walls being strong what about the middle? How thick is your garage floor? Does it have steel beams or something?

I once had a dream of my daughter falling out of the boat and drowning so now I am paranoid anytime she is in the water... can't keep my eyes of her when we are near the water even if she is 14 now and a great swimmer.

Still though. Even with the walls being strong what about the middle? How thick is your garage floor? Does it have steel beams or something?
Rebar. No steel beams.

Here's a video of one going in:

Jesus. How did that happen?

I get nervous dropping my daughter off at school and don't let her go between my car and the one dropping off behind us. Based on what I see around that school there's way too many moms on drugs.

I was 11. Wasn’t paying attention and a Lincoln continental backed out on me. I saw it as it bumped me and turned to face it and put my hands out and it pushed me backwards. At that moment a truck backed out behind me and because my back was turned o never saw it. Right as the Lincoln stopped and I went to step away the truck hit me from behind. Ripped both legs open and I took two steps and fell to the pavement.
Parents ran up and rushed me to the hospital. When they cut my pants open my right thigh was open to the bone. I could have put my closed fist on my bone. They thought my bones were crushed and I’d never walk again. When the xrays came back I didn’t even have a single break. So they reattached everything and sewed me up. Sent me home. Spent 3 months in a wheel chair. For the first month I couldn’t even stand. It sucked and I lost an entire summer over it.

Anything happening to my son. The amount if anxiety I get from thinking about this is shackling.

Having someone make a left hand turn in front of me on my motorcycle and taking me out or crashing on it in general.

Sleep paralysis.

Being stuck in a cave like the guy who died in Nutty Putty.

Snakes. **** those things.

Having something happen while in a plane and crashing. I fly often and it's always in the back of my mind.

Wasting my life away and feeling like I haven't accomplished anything.

Getting some debilitating disease.

Brain eating amoeba.

Tapeworms.

Car wreck where you're stuck and your car is on fire and not being able to get out.

Witnessing a serious accident or death to a friend or loved one.

Falling off an edge of a cliff. I'm not afraid of heights, but I've realized, now that I'm older, I'm no longer an adrenaline seeking individual. **** Angel's Landing.

Failing as a parent.

Being without a job.

Having medical expenses.

Chronic pain.

The idea of being buried.

These are a few of my not so favorite things.

I'm scared that I would never find 'the one' before I die.... -__-

Real talk. There isn't a "the one" for people. There are some that you're more well suited for, and vice versa, just one? Doesn't make sense.

I'm saying this as a very happily married man. My wife is great, but there's still a few things that could be different/better. And she'd say the same. There's no one else I would rather be with, but I know if I hadn't met her, I could've been happy with somebody else too. It's just about if both parties are willing to work for it and on it. Also helps if they don't do baby talk. That's freaking weird.

Real talk. There isn't a "the one" for people. There are some that you're more well suited for, and vice versa, just one? Doesn't make sense.

I'm saying this as a very happily married man. My wife is great, but there's still a few things that could be different/better. And she'd say the same. There's no one else I would rather be with, but I know if I hadn't met her, I could've been happy with somebody else too. It's just about if both parties are willing to work for it and on it. Also helps if they don't do baby talk. That's freaking weird.

Agree with all the above. Nobody is absolutely perfect for another

Reason I ask is that I’ve been squished between two cars in a parking lot. Tore open my thighs and I was in a wheelchair for three months. Still have a massive scar on my right thigh.

Thought I might have mentioned it on here before and he was messing with me.
Legit question. Are you making fun of me? Is this a very subtle, personal troll?

You've told it before and I had the same initial response FWIW.

Probably my biggest fear is drowning. I am afraid of water higher than my chest. I love to be in the ocean/lake up to my waist (when I'm feeling adventurous), but that's as far as I go. I am obviously not a strong swimmer. Water aerobics in the shallow end is my jam.

I'm afraid of heights unless I feel secure (railing, etc). I've never been able to walk to the edge of a roof without a sense of panic and vertigo, much less the edge of a cliff. I want to go to the clear walkway at the Grand Canyon or in a hot air balloon to see if I feel secure enough in those situations, but I suspect I wouldn't do well.

And it's not exactly fear, but I kind of freak out walking on a shiny floor. I'm always worried about slipping, so I end up shuffling like a frail old person. It's silly.

Drowning. Had a VERY close call when I was young and now I hate the water and being near it gives me anxiety like a MF.