What could we trade Bogie for ?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Can you just imagine what Jerami Grant would look like on this team instead of Bojan.
That would look nice... not as nice as your mom looks in that skimpy bikini I bought her but still very nice.

* I have nothing against you or your mother but would like to randomly keep sending stray bullets her way because I'm kinda bored.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
This. They need to stop the post-ups they have been running for him, at least until his confidence comes back. I get that the matchup might dictate it is the correct basketball play, but when the player is struggling in that situation you need to get him in situations that help him see success. Then when he is more back to his old self he can go back to the post-up game when the matchup warrants it. But right now he is just a turnover machine in those situations.
I don't think the post ups are as big of an issue as the drives right now. They end in a lot of missed layups or turnovers that lead to fast breaks on the other end. He also needs to start making some damn shots. Last night he forced a ton... for instance when we have some momentum and he pulls up from 8 feet behind the line early in the clock... you are struggling... no need to just YOLO a 30 footer at that point.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I don't think the post ups are as big of an issue as the drives right now. They end in a lot of missed layups or turnovers that lead to fast breaks on the other end. He also needs to start making some damn shots. Last night he forced a ton... for instance when we have some momentum and he pulls up from 8 feet behind the line early in the clock... you are struggling... no need to just YOLO a 30 footer at that point.
I put the post-ups in the same category as the drives, but worse because it is a purposeful clear-out by everyone else to let him work. The drives are more spontaneous and he just needs to stop those, but the post-ups are a set play to exploit the match-up, which is why I called it out. Plus he posted up like 3 times last night and all 3 ended in turnovers. 100%. That is some terrible ish there. But yes, he needs to stop this **** and just focus on fixing his shot. Setting up for that side-step 3 in the corner is enough for now to stretch the D and open up the middle. That is all that is required. We have enough dudes to run it into the teeth of the D that don't just drop the ball off to the defender.

KqWIN

The dream trade for me would have been Aaron Gordon, we might have been able to work something out before the season but that ship has sailed. AG guards everyone....guards, wings, and bigs. It doesn't matter. He's also a smart player who would fit into our offense great with his decision making. Shooting is obviously a question mark, but he gives so much on the court and I think he could blossom like Oladipo and Harris once he gets out of cancerous Orlando.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I actually like the post ups. Hell, against Philly when our shots weren't falling i think bogey scored on about 4 post ups.

The drives are a much bigger problem

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

framer

Bogie looks a lot better with Conley running the offense. The drives work better when Bogie is moving rather than getting the ball THEN revving up. He needs to be going downhill first. Basically playing him with Joe is difficult because Joe lives in his spots and the two really aren't interchangeable.

I did like the Bogie attempt on the patented Ingles look off. That would probably be open all day on a less scrappy team than the Clippers nobodies.

We need Bojan around the basket at times because he is money from the line.

DasJazz

His post up game isn't a problem, it's usually driving to the hoop against a set defense that is the issue.

Last edited:

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
At this point, you'd probably have to offer Bogey and a moderately protected FRP to discuss Randle with the Knicks, and the Knicks would say no.
Dallas could give the Jazz Tim Hardaway Jr.'s expiring deal. They could use a shooter like Bogey. That's not going to help the Jazz though.
Golden State would offer Kelly Oubre in a heartbeat, but the Jazz wouldn't touch that.

Jazz could ask Chicago how they feel about Lauri Markkanen's next contract, but Lauri's been playing pretty well. Bulls would have to throw in Thad Young to match salary.

Engorged On Unborn Gore

If it means he eventually gets his drive back, I say let him drive and turn the ball over as much as needed.

If that pushes some of you into lunacy, all the better. If I had an entire pocket full of *****, I wouldn’t give one. Some of you minus-minds also would have traded Joe during his slumps.