What's new

what do you think ? Jazz should not rush to trade Enes Kanter

Unless the Jazz can get a very solid 2 guard with him and some other minor assets, I'm fine with a 3 headed monster of Kanter/Gobert/Favors. With Booker as a guy who can get some spot minutes and play 20 or so in a pinch, the frontcourt is pretty much set.

If the Jazz were rushing to trade Kanter he would be traded already. I don't think DL will move him unless it's a trade that makes sense & isn't a garbage trade.

Also not sure how you can write an evaluation on Kanter and not mention he is one of the worst passers in NBA history, which isn't even a hyperbole. Dude makes Al Jefferson look like Magic Johnson.

It took Al Jefferson his entire career until he was on the Jazz for two seasons to learn how to pass. I am not surprised that Kanter is slow in that given that his "mentor: was learning to pass at the same time.

Only trade that might be intriguing and possibly realistic is Kanter + Burke for Jrue Holiday or Jeff Teague. I don't think ATL does that deal because why mess with the most on-the-roll team, but maybe NO would given that they are on the outside of the playoffs at the moment and have the 3rd highest payroll in the league. Trade saves them about a million plus luxury tax, but I'm sure they would probably want to get rid of Eric Gordon in the process though too.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mdv45ud
https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ojnsglj

I think Kanter is going to play at 2010 Nike Hoops summit or 2012 summer league level towards the end of the season to get that phatty contract.

I think Kanter is going to play at 2010 Nike Hoops summit or 2012 summer league level towards the end of the season to get that phatty contract.

Doubt it. He has made a living off that hoops summit game. He was simply bigger and stronger at that point but not anymore. Other players improved. He is a great bench player to have but to think he is any thing other then a bench player is straight loony toons.

I mean how hard could it be to pass the ****ing ball? It is like the first thing they teach you when you sign up to a basketball school as a kindergartener or a prime-er. 6-11 is enough to kick it out of doubleteams but his perception is horse sighted. But he has passing skills. He can pass it if he intends to. Just needs to get it into reflexes. I have hope for his passing. No hope for defense though. Pretty sure he is just shy of fouls and injuries. Boring bball.

The wiring in Kanter's brain is disadvantageous for him. In other words, he has low bball IQ. It's a huge shame since he's the best offensive big the Jazz have had since Boozer. It's the cause of his poor passing, poor defense, and past frequent appearances on Shaqtin a fool.

He's one of my favorite personalities and offensive players on the team though, so I'm going to hate to see him go.

Only trade that might be intriguing and possibly realistic is Kanter + Burke for Jrue Holiday or Jeff Teague. I don't think ATL does that deal because why mess with the most on-the-roll team, but maybe NO would given that they are on the outside of the playoffs at the moment and have the 3rd highest payroll in the league. Trade saves them about a million plus luxury tax, but I'm sure they would probably want to get rid of Eric Gordon in the process though too.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mdv45ud
https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ojnsglj

You are drastically overvaluing Kanter's trade stock.

We lost the game when Kanter gave up 16 points to Aldridge in the first quarter. Quinn is grooming Burke for the 6th man role who is in there to shoot off the bench. If you want a starter to pass more, you need to look over at Exum who can't even stay in the damn game and is forcing Trey to do his job too.

That's a big fat lie! Enes gave up one bucket against LMA. One bucket, two points.

duder. even the 2-minute nba.com recap had more than one.
those pieces of **** turned the video into a bent over to lma festival.

I just watched all of LMA's shots in the first quarter.

He made his first bucket against Enes. Enes get's benched, get's some coaching(love you Q!).
LMA scores on Trevor twice. On Derrick twice and then Q puts Rudy on him.
Then LMA get's lucky on a putback where we actually should have gone the other way.I guess Enes could have done a better job boxing out.
After that BabySap fouls LMA on a putback and he get's to the line.

Where are those 16 points?

I don't have any prroblem criticizing Enes but don't lie or at least not in such a blatant way.

He made his first bucket against Enes. Enes get's benched, get's some coaching(love you Q!).
Then LMA get's lucky on a putback where we actually should have gone the other way.I guess Enes could have done a better job boxing out.

I don't have any prroblem criticizing Enes but don't lie or at least not in such a blatant way.
ok. I will not lie again.

seriously though, nba.com has updated the recap video. in the morning I watched this video of an entire torture that LMA scoring in every way and the commentator mocking the Jazz in the assest way possible. I'm sure it gave a back to back Enes space allowance to Aldridge clips, but if you say so...

Thx for the research. I noticed the early hook when QS took Enes out to talk to him. I thought there was one other bucket later up top when Enes had his hand up. It was just a great shot and I thought I remember seeing him look back to the bench. If i were Quin, I would have told him, "that's ok, sometimes great players are just going to make tough shots."

Our bigs - including Enes - did a very good job. LA is an all-star level player. And he was pretty much shut down after the hot start. Give us some NBA-level guards and we win the game.

ok. I will not lie again.

seriously though, nba.com has updated the recap video. in the morning I watched this video of an entire torture that LMA scoring in every way and the commentator mocking the Jazz in the assest way possible. I'm sure it gave a back to back Enes space allowance to Aldridge clips, but if you say so...

You were not the one claiming LMA scored 16 against Enes. So you are not the liar. Carry on...

I'll say the same thing I've said all along. Trading him now would be selling low. Sign him to a reasonable contract and he becomes a much better trade chip.

I'll say the same thing I've said all along. Trading him now would be selling low. Sign him to a reasonable contract and he becomes a much better trade chip.
Or he becomes a fantastic rotation player as he continues to develop. I've been down on Kanter. I admit it. But when i watch with neutral glasses, I see a lot of very positive things he does. The guy is a beast inside. He has great post moves. He can absolutely dominate as the 3rd big.

Ih he can accept coming off the bench like Trey apparently has, that's the makings of a pretty good 2nd unit: Trey, Enes, Booker and Hood can all score and Ingles can facilitate.

Thx for the research. I noticed the early hook when QS took Enes out to talk to him. I thought there was one other bucket later up top when Enes had his hand up. It was just a great shot and I thought I remember seeing him look back to the bench. If i were Quin, I would have told him, "that's ok, sometimes great players are just going to make tough shots."
LMA hit his jumper on the Blazers first possession, with Enes a little late closing out. On the Blazers' second possession, Enes didn't rotate over to help on a pick and roll, which ended in a Lopez dunk. He was subbed out at that point.

I agree somewhat... I think Kanter has done well when he is holding the ball up at the top of the key and moving the ball, but its a very easy pass and doesn't lead to much. I was so happy a few games ago when he moved into the middle and the defense came up and he threw it to Favors baseline (favors missed the layup) but it was a meaningful pass.

Agree on the post pass you get doubled you move it back to the passer or to the top of the key... I don't think he thinks fast enough though. Its a routine play, but has a chance of being picked off so he holds it longer than he should.

Burke is a shooting guard who is short and can't shoot. I know people say they'd like to bring him off the bench as a sixth man scorer... I'd rather get a veteran upgrade of someone who can shoot and play them with Exum. I'm kind of tired of Burke's act.

I agree with your comment about Kanter being slow to see the floor. However, what most Kanter critics fail to consider is that when the double-team comes, 3 times out of 4 there isn't anyone on the strong side for him to pass the ball to. People need to try seeing the floor through his eyes before screaming about him refusing to pass the ball. I've seen him pass the ball out many times when the double-team comes IF someone positions himself to receive the pass.

I agree with your comment about Kanter being slow to see the floor. However, what most Kanter critics fail to consider is that when the double-team comes, 3 times out of 4 there isn't anyone on the strong side for him to pass the ball to. People need to try seeing the floor through his eyes before screaming about him refusing to pass the ball. I've seen him pass the ball out many times when the double-team comes IF someone positions himself to receive the pass.

I agree it is harder than I made it out to be and you are right on the setup. If you've ever say court side you'll know those guys are huge and there is no space. When we watch the game at our vantage point we see everything. I think kanter needs automatic reads though so that based on where the double is coming from he knows exactly what should be open. I don't think he'll ever be good at passing but he must be better.

To me kanter is one of the biggest enigmas in jazz history. Good numbers but RPM says he's one of the worst players in the league. I'm not sure he's a guy that ever really helps you win despite putting up numbers. Then he will have a night where he looks great... Next game he craps the bed. He's a center version of cj miles.

We are NOT trading a young big, best low post player in the league, inside out game, developing every aspect of his game, progressing every season, accelerating progress in a tough western conference. NOT going to happen