What's new

What does LeBron need to do to surpass Jordan?

UMM.... This times like whole bunches of infinities.

96 Team USA was really close doe.(Hakeem and Shaq) Jordan is what really puts 92 over the top. If I had a time machine I would put those two teams on the same floor. Don't care if it would put a hole in the time space continuum, worth it.

92 wins. it's not just jordan, charles/scottie/karl/stockton were all younger. 92 had much better chemistry. on paper 96 looked great, but the ball didn't move like 92 did. hell drob was the leading scorer of 96 team. charles 2nd. 96 charles was not even close to 92 charles.

and drob/ewing cancels hakeem/shaq/drob out. hakeem started to decline in 96 and shaq hasn't reached his prime yet in 96. it's a good match up, but prime MJ paired with pippen with the HOF line up doesn't lose a 7 game series. there is a reason why he call him the GOAT. games will be close, but 92 dream team in 5.

With Magic and Stockton running the show the whole going 1 on 1 argument goes out the window. The 2 best assist guys ever in the history of the game leading the single strongest offensive assemblage and chuck full of defensive 1st and 2nd team all career players. No the current Spurs would stand no chance.

dude pimps karl/stockton to death, yet he picks spurs over 92 dream team. i find that very odd.

To answer the OP, if he wins at least three more titles without losing another one in Miami, he could maybe surpass him. That would be five wins and eight appearances, with subpar coaching and casts over many of those years. That said, the caveats are not losing another one and staying in Miami. If he city-jumps to simply go to a better situation, it'll irreparably hurt his legacy imo.

If I'm him, I convince Bosh and Wade to opt out and do so myself as well. All three should then take less money (how much is ever enough if they really want to win?) and they should recruit Lowry to upgrade their pg play (he'd be a good fit imo), go after one swing wing who can hit the three and defend (Ariza?) and go after two big bodies to defend and rebound in the post--not sure who those would or could even be. Maybe re-sign Chalmers or Cole as the backup pg too, as well as Allen on the cheap if he's interested. I doubt he is.

they played as a team. it was the most beautiful teamwork ever. watch their fast breaks.

....doubt they'd have many fast break baskets against this 2014 Spurs team.....hard to run when you pulling the ball out of your basket to inbound! Spurs offense was so efficient they didn't need offensive rebounds and they had plenty of time to get back on defense! Your saying they would have swept this Spurs team? I say your wrong!

He never will....

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick
LeBron: "Obviously we will need to get better, every position."

Yep, blame it on your team again. This is why I don't cheer for him. A fabulous talent to be sure, but no heart. A spoiled child who has been given everything, and when things don't go his he blames others or walks away. Hardly a King, not even a leader.

You get all that out of that quote?

Because DuhBron hasn't said the exact same thing hundreds of times, in one form or another? The amount of James love in this thread sickens me.

Also, Faptrey has PWND the living dump out of this thread.

Because DuhBron hasn't said the exact same thing hundreds of times, in one form or another? The amount of James love in this thread sickens me.

You get all that out of that question?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - keep in mind I'm a fairly young pup. Lebron = most physically gifted basketball player I've ever seen. MJ = best basketball player I've ever seen by a wide margin

You get all that out of that question?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - keep in mind I'm a fairly young pup. Lebron = most physically gifted basketball player I've ever seen. MJ = best basketball player I've ever seen by a wide margin

That clears it up beautifully, thanks.

Btw, my favorite player of all time is John Stockton, and my favorite player of time and all eternity is AK47.

Actually, Shaq might be most physically gifted I've ever seen. Lebron #2

1. shaq/wilt
2. lebron

for me

i think wilt's insane endurance makes him right up there with shaq. the way he blocked kareem's skyhook was special. he just knew how to time his jump and he could jump all day. shaq had more force, but wilt was overall more athletic. wilt was a quick jumper. shaq wasn't as quick. shaq needed his recovery time because of the insane mass he carried. so it kinda balances out. but shaq had a better first step. i'm in awe every time i watch shaq's quick step.

it's very tough. i flip flop every time. shaq's speed/weight ratio is godly, but wilt averaged 48+ min one year. shaq can't possibly play 48 min like wilt did. he will end up in a hospital. and in early 60's pace of the game was absolutely ridiculous. and remember wilt wore crappy shoes and traveled with bus most of the time.

i think it's very close. i'll call it even.

Last edited:
Spud webb

well these smaller guys spudd, nate, etc. all athletic, but it's much easier to be athletic when you are small. i see 5ft 9 or under guys dunking every place i go to. and there are tons of insane leapers under 5ft 9 everywhere nowdays.

but it's really hard to be athletic when you are so big. normal 7ft 1 guy who is over 330lb like shaq usually ends up in a wheel chair by mid 30's. human aren't supposed to be so big and carry so much weight. shaq was an unique human being.

and wilt too.

very interesting picture. i think it's pretty accurate depiction. obviously shaq on this pic was around 315lb.
Wilt%2520Shaq%25201.jpg

wilt was actually wider than shaq. but shaq had thicker and more massive core. i believe wilt also had longer leg. shaq's upper body was just massive. just naturally thick guy.

if wilt was born in 1972 like shaq did, i bet wilt would've easily played at 310lb in his peak because of nutrition and training. wilt did weigh 300lb but it was much later.

check out wilt's shoulder. quiet possibly the most impressive physical part of any NBA player ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2N4a9oO118&feature=player_embedded

Sequence%252001.Still001.jpg

my favorite physical freaks

jordan - endurance, body control, first step
Wilt - endurance, leaping ability, and upper body strength
shaq - power/speed ratio
bron - power/speed ratio
westbrook/drose - speed, first step
vince carter - body control, leaping ability

Last edited:
check out wilt's shoulder. quiet possibly the most impressive physical part of any NBA player ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2N4a9oO118&feature=player_embedded

my favorite physical freaks

jordan - endurance, body control, first step
Wilt - endurance, leaping ability, and upper body strength
shaq - power/speed ratio
bron - power/speed ratio
westbrook/drose - speed, first step
vince carter - body control, leaping ability

Mailman- power/speed ratio

Srs

karl was an impressive physical specimen.

if i'm grading in 100 scale

wilt/shaq 99/100
bron 98/100
MJ 96/100
karl 92/100

tad lower than true freaks, but no doubt karl was a freak too. no disrespect to karl. he is definitely top 15-20 freak ever.

how about david robinson? dude also was an absolute freak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18&feature=player_embedded

you never see 7fters running coast to coast like that anymore. look at that beautiful eurostep. i laugh at young kids thinking eurostep was created by ginobli.

karl was an impressive physical specimen.

if i'm grading in 100 scale

wilt/shaq 99/100
bron 98/100
MJ 96/100
karl 92/100

tad lower than true freaks, but no doubt karl was a freak too. no disrespect to karl. he is definitely top 15-20 freak ever.

how about david robinson? dude also was an absolute freak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18&feature=player_embedded

you never see 7fters running coast to coast like that anymore. look at that beautiful eurostep. i laugh at young kids thinking eurostep was created by ginobli.

When you say power/speed ration malone comes to mind at the top

SRs dude could have probably been the NFL tight end goat. Dude was a freight train that got up to speed like a sports car.

but i really can't put him above bron or shaq. shaq has him by 65-70lb. and bron has better power/speed ratio than karl. karl is stronger for sure, but bron has a definite edge on leaping ability, body control, and speed.

frankly, i think karl carried too much muscle. i always wished he drop 10lb of muscle so he becomes more fluid.

no doubt karl was a freak of nature. i don't even know how da hell he clocked 40+ min twice in his peak.
253476741_890cb66ecc.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not saying that Malone is a better overall athlete than LBJ but he wins this specific category(power:speed)hands down.

power yes, speed no. put it this way, bron's speed advantage on karl is bigger than karl's strength advantage on bron.

so overall power/speed ratio, i gotta give it to 2007-2009 bron. 88-91 karl was very close. but just didn't have the 2nd gear like bron did IMO.