What's new

What does LeBron need to do to surpass Jordan?

He never will....

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick
LeBron: "Obviously we will need to get better, every position."

Yep, blame it on your team again. This is why I don't cheer for him. A fabulous talent to be sure, but no heart. A spoiled child who has been given everything, and when things don't go his he blames others or walks away. Hardly a King, not even a leader.
doesnt EVERY POSITION also include himself?

i think he was he was basically saying we (his whole team, himself included) are not good enough. in other words, the spurs are better than us.

i like it

Jordan has never lost in the top level. There you go. Lebron will never pass him. There.

let's hypothetically say bron goes to 11 championships and wins 7. that could potentially put bron above jordan if he plays well in those championship games and wins mvps. but for me it's not about how many championships. i just look at the player and no way bron will ever be better than jordan. because jordan is a better player.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Lebron doesn't post up more.

Him posting up on the block would have been much more effective than wade posting up or Lebron trying to attack 30 feet away from the basket. Besides, he probably would have attracted double teams that could have opened things up for the heat's best SG, Christina Bosh, to shoot wide open 3s.

if you think 92 dream team is a bunch of all stars put together then you are sadly mistaken. ask MJ what was the best game he has ever played in. and after their 4-5th practice they knew each other like you knew your wife for last 20 years.

...negative! No way in the world you can throw basketball guys together, superstars or not, and after 5 practices have a well-oiled machine like this Spurs team! Plus, you have some selfish guys on that team! Yeah, they could stomp those chump teams from europe and other continents, but they would NOT have stomped this Spurs team!

it's ridiculous if any of you guys think this spurs can hang with the greatest team ever assembled. what a blasphemy.

....it takes time for basketball teams to gell, even when they come back from the off season, they often struggle for a month or so, true or false?

...keep in mind also, that this Spurs team probably has 3 future HOF's! Duncan, Parker and Ginobli!

by the way, this spurs are far from the best spurs. imagine this team playing 99 spurs. they would have zero answer to twin tower. zero.

I'll wager you ask TD that question and he would pick this team. They just have more depth and can you imagine Avery Johnson trying to guard Parker or Ginobili?

I'll wager you ask TD that question and he would pick this team. They just have more depth and can you imagine Avery Johnson trying to guard Parker or Ginobili?

avery johnson doesn't even have to do too much. first johnson had decent speed to bother parker. and when parker penetrates there will be 2 twin towers protecting the paint. so it will neutralize spurs attack in the paint. tony parker would get demolished by drob and young timmy who ran like gazelle. that 99 team is underrated.

and this current TD is a vet who's been their and done that, but he would get owned by 22 year old timmy who didn't enter the prime yet, but was so great defensively already. and drob was 33 year old and he was very fresh because he only avg 31 min that season.

IMO 99 spurs would make the game ugly. that's how they played back then. and superior defensively.

i also believe 05 spurs will beat this spurs as well. just so much younger and tim duncan was dominant. beating that pistons team was a great achievement. that pistons were no joke.

Lol Spurs played H20, Sprewell n LJ/Ewings zombie corpses in 99. Didn't they play like **** the year after they won the chip?

Man.. now you all got me missing those years.. bein a kid in 99 playing NBA Live with Antoine fing Walker on the cover...

.....don't ever remembering a Spurs team playing "ugly" basketball! Always passed well, set picks, screens away from the ball, etc. etc. etc!

it was a short season, and they didn't play like this 14 spurs team for sure. they were a defense first team. and they made other teams 'ugly'. every night drob and TD gave you 5blocks and 20+ rebounds together. that's what it takes to beat this spurs team - a great interior defense.

and great basketball is always inside first. they had good enough half court offense anchored by twin towers. it wasn't always pretty, but key guys hit many timely shots. they also had enough veteran glue guys like ellie, johnson, elliot to keep the team in check. elliot and kawhi would be a good matchup. and when you have 2 dominant shot blockers, it's hard to generate any kind of rhythm in offense.

if i have to bet i bet on 99 spurs in 6. it will be a grind because 99 spurs will make 14 spurs a jump shooting team. and jumpshots don't always fall especially when there is no penetration. parker, and manu's penetration will be non existent against the twin towers. that's how i see it.

Last edited:
...keep in mind also, that this Spurs team probably has 3 future HOF's! Duncan, Parker and Ginobli!

everyone in dream team is a HOFer except laettner who didn't even play much.
it's one of those matchup where dream team make this spurs look really old and make kawhi really look like a 22 year old puppy.

sorry dude, 92 dream cannot be beaten in 7 game series. it's impossible.

ask yourself this

who's gonna guard MJ?
who's gonna guard scottie/clyde?
who's gonna guard drob/ewing?
who's gonna guard chuck/karl?
who's gonna guard mullin/bird?
who's gonna guard magic/stockton?

it's a defensive nightmare. also just read those names again. drob/ewing/chuck/karl. just imagine how badly dream team will out rebound the spurs.

and on the other side MJ/scottie will completely lock down the perimeter. good luck shooting over those lengthy athletic 2 of the greatest perimeter defender of all time.

Last edited:
it was a short season, and they didn't play like this 14 spurs team for sure. they were a defense first team.

....your right! I stand to be corrected! Checking the box scores only one of the 4 wins by the Spurs produced 25 assists. It was evidently some ugly basketball, as none of the wins produced 100 points. But nonetheless, I would have to vote the 2014 Spurs as superior to that Spurs team since they played together much better on offense and had better shooters all over the roster! Yeah, they might have had to hit outside shots....but they would have! Plus, that Spurs team would also have struggled big time to score against the 2014 Spurs as well! That championship Spurs team back then....did not shoot 50% from the field in any of the 5 games!

ask yourself this

who's gonna guard MJ?

....negative! Spurs could have beaten them! Your just as gullible as the numbnuts who picked the Heat to beat this years team and 3 peat! It doesn't matter "who's going to guard who?" Basketball is a TEAM sport! If those 92 dream team guys went "1 on 1" trying to "beat there man" then the Spurs would beat them! In either case, we'll never know, now, will we? That dream team beat a bunch of slop dummies! The Spurs took out the 2 time defending champs going for a 3 peat.....with the best player on the "planet" in 5 games.

....your right! I stand to be corrected! Checking the box scores only one of the 4 wins by the Spurs produced 25 assists. It was evidently some ugly basketball, as none of the wins produced 100 points. But nonetheless, I would have to vote the 2014 Spurs as superior to the that Spurs team since they played together on offense and had much better shooters all over the roster! Yeah, they might have had to hit outside shots....but they would have! Plus, that Spurs team would also have struggled big time to score against the 2014 Spurs as well! That championship Spurs team back then....did not shoot 50% from the field in any of the 5 games!

spurs beat

heat - a team without an interior defense
thunder - a team without an interior defense(ibaka was hurt, wasn't effective)
blazers - a team without a good defense (21st in the league)
mavs - a team without an interior defense

they didn't play a team like spurs who held their opponents to 90pts.

....negative! Spurs could have beaten them! Your just as gullible as the numbnuts who picked the Heat to beat this years team and 3 peat! It doesn't matter "who's going to guard who?" Basketball is a TEAM sport! If those 92 dream team guys went "1 on 1" trying to "beat there man" then the Spurs would beat them! In either case, we'll never know, now, will we? That dream team beat a bunch of slop dummies! The Spurs took out the 2 time defending champs going for a 3 peat.....with the best player on the "planet" in 5 games.

they played as a team. it was the most beautiful teamwork ever. watch their fast breaks. it felt like everybody had eyes back of their heads. and that croatian team will actually play very well against this spurs. they will lose, but they will give them a good game. young kukoc and petrovic? are you kidding me? and remember they PLAYED AFTER A FULL 92 SEASON. AFTER PLAYING POKERS EVERY DAMN NIGHT, PARTYING AND GOLFING. imagine they played in a real season without all the wear and tear. oh my.

those guys were true veterans and superstars who knew how to play basketball. all they needed was 2 months to gel. that's all they needed. rest was just a history. i could careless how they performed against inferior teams. i only care about what they can do and it's mindbogglingly great. just think of MJ, scottie, magic, barkley, ewing on a same team makes my blood boil. and have 6 HOFers in the bench? are you kidding me?

With Magic and Stockton running the show the whole going 1 on 1 argument goes out the window. The 2 best assist guys ever in the history of the game leading the single strongest offensive assemblage and chuck full of defensive 1st and 2nd team all career players. No the current Spurs would stand no chance.

everyone in dream team is a HOFer except laettner who didn't even play much.
it's one of those matchup where dream team make this spurs look really old and make kawhi really look like a 22 year old puppy.

ask yourself this

who's gonna guard MJ?

it's a defensive nightmare. also just read those names again. drob/ewing/chuck/karl. just imagine how badly dream team will out rebound the spurs.

and on the other side MJ/scottie will completely lock down the perimeter. good luck shooting over those lengthy athletic 2 of the greatest perimeter defender of all time.

UMM.... This times like whole bunches of infinities.

96 Team USA was really close doe.(Hakeem and Shaq) Jordan is what really puts 92 over the top. If I had a time machine I would put those two teams on the same floor. Don't care if it would put a hole in the time space continuum, worth it.

Last edited: