What's new

What does LeBron need to do to surpass Jordan?

jumpers contested goin in amazes me of how good that dang lebron is, but it's not bbiq it's cold bloodedness, experience and psyche-out-killerness.

i didn't say him making jumpers are because of his bbiq. bron has high bbiq because he never forces things, has great court vision, and make others better by putting others in a good scoring position.

seriously only a bbretard can claim karl malone has better bbiq than bron.

i didn't say him making jumpers are because of his bbiq. bron has high bbiq because he never forces things, has great court vision, and make others better by putting others in a good scoring position.

seriously only a bbretard can claim karl malone has better bbiq than bron.

he does seem like he doesn't try too hard how ever much he plays great. it's like, he descends to others level to make the team play.

Lebron will pass Jordan in every statistical category, points, rebounds, assists, steals, etc. He will not catch Jordan in championships.....and he will NEVER pass Malone in points, rebounds, winning percentage regular season, free throws, free throws made, layups, dunks, 3 points plays, punishment physically to an opponent, (stitches to the skull) offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds....did I leave anything out?

i told you to look up 'longevity'.

bron has higher per season than karl in

TS%
eFG%
steals
assists per season
FT%
3FG%
winning % - bron .657% karl .644%
win share
PER
same .8 block per game
scoring avg
more 30+ avg in a season (bron 2, karl 1)
more triple doubles

playoffs PER
playoffs WS
playoffs FT%
playoffs scoring avg
playoffs assists avg
playoffs points avg
playoffs blocks avg
playoffs FG%
playoffs 3FG%
playoffs 3 made
playoffs TS%
playoffs eFG%

and bron already has

more mvps
more finals mvps
more championships
more all defensive 1st team (5 to karl's 3)
more scoring champion title (1 to karl's 0)
will have more all nba 1st team

oh by the way, Bron isn't even 30 yet.

i love my boy karl, but he has absolutely nothing on Bron. if bron continues to play well then bron will break karl's career in scoring too. bron would have to stay healthy for next 8 years.

i told you to look up 'longevity'.

bron has higher per season than karl in

TS%
eFG%
steals
assists per season
FT%
3FG%
winning % - bron .657% karl .644%
win share
PER
same .8 block per game
scoring avg
more 30+ avg in a season (bron 2, karl 1)
more triple doubles

playoffs PER
playoffs WS
playoffs FT%
playoffs scoring avg
playoffs assists avg
playoffs points avg
playoffs blocks avg
playoffs FG%
playoffs 3FG%
playoffs 3 made
playoffs TS%
playoffs eFG%

and bron already has

more mvps
more finals mvps
more championships
more all defensive 1st team (5 to karl's 3)
more scoring champion title (1 to karl's 0)
will have more all nba 1st team

oh by the way, Bron isn't even 30 yet.

i love my boy karl, but he has absolutely nothing on Bron. if bron continues to play well then bron will break karl's career in scoring too. bron would have to stay healthy for next 8 years.

he will compete for kareem's throne if he plays for 8 more years. even with 75 games played per season and 25 points per game of which his career averages are 27,50 regular and 27,90 playoffs.

and imagine that if he pushed for scoring like the prior superstars.

well that's not him. and if bron does that his other numbers will go down. he is an efficient scorer because he takes good shots. i love the fact that bron usually doesn't force the action.

kobe's fg% so-so because he shoots to get out of his shooting funk. lol guys like that will go for 0-15 fg in a game and still continues to shoot.

he will compete for kareem's throne if he plays for 8 more years. even with 75 games played per season and 25 points per game of which his career averages are 27,50 regular and 27,90 playoffs.

...I don't see him catching Karl or Kareem, not how hard he has to work for his points! With Kareem as well as Karl they both got a lot of easy baskets because of who and how they were being set up! James will break down before he get's to Karl and certainly before he gets to Kareem!

how about the west? i would say barkley's suns, hakeem's rockets, Jazz, all would be ranked ahead of today's thunder/spurs/blazers/clippers rather easily.

but this league sure is missing many great teams. it's a team game.

The way the Spurs have played the last two games they would beat any team in the history of the NBA, IMO. I have never seen a team (overall team game) play so well in all the years I have been watching the NBA, and that goes back to days of Russell and Cousy. This is basketball at the very highest level and it's a total team concept. It is hard to say, however, if they would beat all of the great teams because of the matchup problems that might be presented. You have the Russell-led Celtics of the early-to-mid 60s when they were at their peak; the Frazier-led Knicks of the early 70s and the Wilt and West Lakers of that era, as well. You have Walton's Blazer teams, and then the Bird and Magic teams; you have the Bad Boys of Detroit, and Jordan's Bulls; Shaq and Kobe's Lakers, and Pop's Spurs, and LeBron's Heat. Now, you have Pop's reincarnated Spurs with two of the big 3 past their prime, but an extremely deep bench, and a team that is more cohesive than any of the aforementioned super teams who relied more on star power. Could they match up? Well, they're obliterating the Heat who have comparable star power.

While the current Spurs are not the greatest team based on talent, as a whole, as a unit, they are best team I have ever seen in basketball -- I think they would have trouble with the Dream Team because of the matchups, but that would be an interesting game to see.

...I don't see him catching Karl or Kareem, not how hard he has to work for his points! With Kareem as well as Karl they both got a lot of easy baskets because of who and how they were being set up! James will break down before he get's to Karl and certainly before he gets to Kareem!

Might happen. He has a really good physical setup in that body of his, but the back strength kinda leaves you after a while, let's say about over one or two years before or after 30. He is nearly there, I hope he stays healthy. When will we find that much of a dominant player again in the NBA?

Might happen. He has a really good physical setup in that body of his, but the back strength kinda leaves you after a while, let's say about over one or two years before or after 30. He is nearly there, I hope he stays healthy. When will we find that much of a dominant player again in the NBA?

When does aging start? Dr. Shock, after ten years of research, is quoted as believing that “aging begins when growth stops,” that is, at about eighteen to twenty years of age. Then what? The article continues: “Almost all functions then start declining slowly. At 30, they begin deteriorating at a faster but still modest rate which remains constant until death. In plain language, we go over the hill at 20, and the downgrade steepens after 30.” On the basis of his studies, Dr. Shock likewise believes the cause is the death of cells.

.....his chances of catching Karl or Kareem? Slim and none!

The way the Spurs have played the last two games they would beat any team in the history of the NBA, IMO. I have never seen a team (overall team game) play so well in all the years I have been watching the NBA, and that goes back to days of Russell and Cousy. This is basketball at the very highest level and it's a total team concept. It is hard to say, however, if they would beat all of the great teams because of the matchup problems that might be presented. You have the Russell-led Celtics of the early-to-mid 60s when they were at their peak; the Frazier-led Knicks of the early 70s and the Wilt and West Lakers of that era, as well. You have Walton's Blazer teams, and then the Bird and Magic teams; you have the Bad Boys of Detroit, and Jordan's Bulls; Shaq and Kobe's Lakers, and Pop's Spurs, and LeBron's Heat. Now, you have Pop's reincarnated Spurs with two of the big 3 past their prime, but an extremely deep bench, and a team that is more cohesive than any of the aforementioned super teams who relied more on star power. Could they match up? Well, they're obliterating the Heat who have comparable star power.

While the current Spurs are not the greatest team based on talent, as a whole, as a unit, they are best team I have ever seen in basketball -- I think they would have trouble with the Dream Team because of the matchups, but that would be an interesting game to see.

such a short sighted knee jerk answer. first questioning if dream team would beat this team or not is just a big joke. dream team would crush this team. it would be a total mismatch. and them being an NBA champ would motivate dream team even more.

this spurs have no business being mentioned as one of the all time greats. playing a great basketball as a team only get you so far. 6ft 10 TD and splitter have no defensive ability to stop legit HOF centers in the past.

and there is something called match up. I've said all year long this heat team is seriously flawed. they don't have bigs, don't have point guard and bron has to do too much because you never know what you are getting from wade and bosh. and Heat doesn't have a star power when wade & bosh aren't playing like 'big 3'.

how many points did spurs score last 2 games?

hey look, check what past teams put up
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198505270BOS.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198705240DET.html

and check this defense against our own team. i vividly remember this game. they made us quit.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199806070CHI.html

spurs are playing a great basketball as a team. but all time great teams play a great basketball as a team while having sick talent level. this spurs have no answer for MJ & Pippen. no answer for magic, kareem, & worthy. have no answer for bird, mchale, & parish. etc, etc. i don't even believe this is the best spurs. they aren't.

Last edited:
When does aging start? Dr. Shock, after ten years of research, is quoted as believing that “aging begins when growth stops,” that is, at about eighteen to twenty years of age. Then what? The article continues: “Almost all functions then start declining slowly. At 30, they begin deteriorating at a faster but still modest rate which remains constant until death. In plain language, we go over the hill at 20, and the downgrade steepens after 30.” On the basis of his studies, Dr. Shock likewise believes the cause is the death of cells.

.....his chances of catching Karl or Kareem? Slim and none!

let's say bron doesn't catch karl. bron would still be in the top 3-4, in the mt rushmore of basketball. Karl? i'm not even sure if he will be in the top 15. he will always be 15-20 range.

and longevity/career bulk stat is great, but it's one of the least important achievement.

1. championships
2. mvps
3. finals mvps
4. all first team
5. all defensive team

that's my top 5. and bron already has more than karl in all 5 categories at the age of 29.

let's say bron doesn't catch karl. bron would still be in the top 3-4, in the mt rushmore of basketball. Karl? i'm not even sure if he will be in the top 15. he will always be 15-20 range.

and longevity/career bulk stat is great, but it's one of the least important achievement.

1. championships
2. mvps
3. finals mvps
4. all first team
5. all defensive team

that's my top 5. and bron already has more than karl in all 5 categories at the age of 29.
also don't forget the decade difference. karl wouls prolly have more if he played the same time with bron. but bron would still be great all around. scoring? well much tougher defense could pull him down.

This spurs team while entertaining to watch and fantastic in today's nba... I wouldn't call them the best ever.

I don't think they're better than previous versions of the spurs. And the shaq/Kobe teams would romp most of the teams since.
And nothing can compare to the Dream Team.

The thing that really sets this team apart is how they're working together. It is a thing of beauty.

But just imagine if they played a championship team with a dominate big man who could destroy Duncan inside and control the tempo. Shaq/Kobe's championship teams would sadly beat this spurs team IMO. Eventually, the wear and tear of defending shaq down low would take it's toll. Or Houston's championship teams.

I think a good matchup would have been Michaels last few bulls teams. Like El Heat, they depended so much on their 2 star wings to do everything and played without a great big.

such a short sighted knee jerk answer. first questioning if dream team would beat this team or not is just a big joke. dream team would crush this team. it would be a total mismatch.

....negative! You throw a bunch of all-stars together up against a talented, smart, athletic teams like the Spurs who have played together for years.....and I'd bet dollars to donuts they'd do more than just hold there own! They same thing that is happening to the Heat.....would happen to the All-Stars! They'd be forced to play defense all game long, they would be somewhat discombobulated on offense, reverting to way too much "one on one" slop, and after falling behind early, they'd all be yapping at each other and wanting to take the game into there own hands!

this spurs have no business being mentioned as one of the all time greats. playing a great basketball as a team only get you so far. 6ft 10 TD and splitter have no defensive ability to stop legit HOF centers in the past.

....if we're going to make comparisons than we have to go back in time when Duncan WAS a young man as well as Manu and Parker! If the current Spurs team played the current Dream Team members......the Dream team wouldn't even finish the 1st quarter alive, LITERALLY! They'd all be dead of heat exhaustion, sidelined by pulled muscles, ripped Achilles tendons and other serious maladies they would need months it not years to recover from!

spurs are playing a great basketball as a team.....but this spurs have no answer for MJ & Pippen. no answer for magic, kareem, & worthy. have no answer for bird, mchale, & parish. etc, etc. i don't even believe this is the best spurs. they aren't.

...news flash, Sherlock! When the other Spurs teams were winning championships they had guys who could stop or at least handle the so-called SuperStars.....and if you're memory is failing you, his name was Bowen! He had great success against Kobe when Kobe was in HIS prime! Again, all things being equal, without age being a factor, this Spurs team could hold it's own against any past champions in recent memory! And, oh, by the way.....this IS the BEST Spurs team out of the whole bunch! Talent, experience, athletic ability, and basketball brains coming out of the ying-yang!

...yeah, you have a short sided, knee jerk reaction, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabtrey View Post

such a short sighted knee jerk answer. first questioning if dream team would beat this team or not is just a big joke. dream team would crush this team. it would be a total mismatch.

....negative! You throw a bunch of all-stars together up against a talented, smart, athletic teams like the Spurs who have played together for years.....and I'd bet dollars to donuts they'd do more than just hold there own! They same thing that is happening to the Heat.....would happen to the All-Stars! They'd be forced to play defense all game long, they would be somewhat discombobulated on offense, reverting to way too much "one on one" slop, and after falling behind early, they'd all be yapping at each other and wanting to take the game into there own hands!

....if we're going to make comparisons than we have to go back in time when Duncan WAS a young man as well as Manu and Parker! If the current Spurs team played the current Dream Team members......the Dream team wouldn't even finish the 1st quarter alive, LITERALLY! They'd all be dead of heat exhaustion, sidelined by pulled muscles, ripped Achilles tendons and other serious maladies they would need months it not years to recover from!

spurs are playing a great basketball as a team.....but this spurs have no answer for MJ & Pippen. no answer for magic, kareem, & worthy. have no answer for bird, mchale, & parish. etc, etc. i don't even believe this is the best spurs. they aren't.

...news flash, Sherlock! When the other Spurs teams were winning championships they had guys who could stop or at least handle the so-called SuperStars.....and if you're memory is failing you, his name was Bowen! He had great success against Kobe when Kobe was in HIS prime! Again, all things being equal, without age being a factor, this Spurs team could hold it's own against any past champions in recent memory! And, oh, by the way.....this IS the BEST Spurs team out of the whole bunch! Talent, experience, athletic ability, and basketball brains coming out of the ying-yang!

I think CJ is the only one who really got my point. I never said they were the greatest team of all time, but they could beat any team in the history of the NBA. Why because they play totally as a team, better than any prior Spurs team and better than any other team in the history of the NBA -- at least in the last two games. Sure, they would have matchup problems, but their total team concept I believe would overcome this. They also have matchup problems against the Heat in Lebron, arguably the best ever player, and Wade, and yet they have blown out the Heat in the last two games. No they are not the best team so far as talent, but they are probably the best team ... and that is what basketball is about -- five good players who play as a team will be beat five great players who don't.

if you think 92 dream team is a bunch of all stars put together then you are sadly mistaken. ask MJ what was the best game he has ever played in. and after their 4-5th practice they knew each other like you knew your wife for last 20 years. it took them 1 bad practice against chris webber and boys to realize that they needed to be unselfish and play together. and rest was the history.

that team was teamful of unselfish SUPERSTARS. think of this spurs team, but they were SUPERSTARS. instead of patty mills they had stockton. instead of boris diaw. they had chuck & karl. instead of kawhi/manu, they had MJ/scottie/clide. instead of 37 year old duncan, they had prime drob/ewing. instead of parker, they had magic. instead of green, they had larry bird.

it's ridiculous if any of you guys think this spurs can hang with the greatest team ever assembled. what a blasphemy.

by the way, this spurs are far from the best spurs. imagine this team playing 99 spurs. they would have zero answer to twin tower. zero.

He never will....

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick
LeBron: "Obviously we will need to get better, every position."

Yep, blame it on your team again. This is why I don't cheer for him. A fabulous talent to be sure, but no heart. A spoiled child who has been given everything, and when things don't go his he blames others or walks away. Hardly a King, not even a leader.

He never will....

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick
LeBron: "Obviously we will need to get better, every position."

Yep, blame it on your team again. This is why I don't cheer for him. A fabulous talent to be sure, but no heart. A spoiled child who has been given everything, and when things don't go his he blames others or walks away. Hardly a King, not even a leader.

You get all that out of that quote?