What's new

What Price Should the Jazz Extend THT?

Perhaps he should win the starting job and perform consistently well before extending him to an extension. Up to this point, he hasn't proven he is worthy of an extension let alone 80 million dollars contract.

Perhaps he should win the starting job and perform consistently well before extending him to an extension. Up to this point, he hasn't proven he is worthy of an extension let alone 80 million dollars contract.2

20 million a year isnt what you think it is anymore. Got to adjust your perspective with the new money coming in.

If we did extend him
20 million a year isnt what you think it is anymore. Got to adjust your perspective with the new money coming in.
bruh he declined FA this year for 1/10M… you think he has anything close to 4/80 available? You think one good preseason game has changed his market value that much.

We won’t extend him… I believe we can extend him at any point during the year by giving him 120% of his current salary… which is more than enough to get a deal done if he can prove his worth.

If we did extend him

bruh he declined FA this year for 1/10M… you think he has anything close to 4/80 available? You think one good preseason game has changed his market value that much.

We won’t extend him… I believe we can extend him at any point during the year by giving him 120% of his current salary… which is more than enough to get a deal done if he can prove his worth.
Will be a grave mistake not to extend.

Regardless, how about he actually play a whole year as a starter before we overpay him. Not one team would give him 20 million a year for 4 years. Maybe if he consistently plays well and can improve his shooting.

I figure either Sexton or THT is headed out in a Brogdon deal. If it’s Sexton, I say we lowball THT for fifteen or less. Otherwise, we wait and see how the starting lineup shakes out and what his production looks like and pay him accordingly.

You’ll prolly hate to hear this but I’m actually more concerned about locking Dunn up long term.