What's new

What should we ask from Spurs for Lauri?

The way to look at this positively (which I always try to do), is if Spurs are the trade partner there is a fair chance Jazz could get 2 top 10 picks in 2025 (one from that trade and their own).

And based on preliminary hype... the 2025 draft has like 6-7 player who are all better than anyone drafted in 2024 including multiple possible superstar level guys.
3 top 10. ATL won't be very good right?. Bulls won't be very good right? We will suck.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

If we trade Lauri, it won't be because of the picks(wont mind if we get a few more, but we also kinda have too many of those already), but because one team offer us an exciting young player who has the potential to become the "new Lauri". Let's say, Jalen Williams or Cam Whitmore
That player will be drafted next season using the picks we get in the trade

How does the swap work when they get traded to us?
It means you can swap picks with them that year if its to our advantage.

The curious move at the draft was Spurs trading the pick to Minny.

Why not take another rookie?

Are they maybe looking to add “win now” pieces instead?
What did they get back for the pick they traded to minny? Was it a win now asset?

2025 Chicago is top 10 protected so best case is 3 top 11 picks
Oh well that sours things a bit

Best guess:

Kuminga
Podz
Moody

All their draft picks through 2031. That doesn't feel as rich as what Houston, OKC, or even the Spurs could offer.

Feels more like smoke and mirrors to get others to raise their offers. Although who knows what the warriors are going to do now.

2025 Atlanta
2025 Chicago
2027 Atlanta
2030 Dallas Swap
2031 Minnesota
Devontae Graham

So three extremely high quality first, a high quality swap, and a mid quality first. Graham is matching salary, allowing Spurs to keep all their players.

Replace the Chicago pick with the Spurs unprotected 2025 1st and I’m sold. They’ll be bad this year. Really bad. Even with Lauri.

Why would the Spurs be good? They were just as bad last year with Wemby as without? Chris Paul is cooked—he had his worst TS% since 2006-2007 last year. And can’t defend like he used to. Lauri has been a perpetual loser everywhere he’s been. On paper they look good. They’re not.

The best that Bulls pick can be is 11. The Spurs should almost certainly be worse than that given the brutal West.

Should we sign Taurean Prince as a good 3 and d guy? I think he’d be someone we need around the young scorers we have.

Replace the Chicago pick with the Spurs unprotected 2025 1st and I’m sold. They’ll be bad this year. Really bad. Even with Lauri.
@Jason

Can we get a bookmark feature? I’d love to bookmark posts so we/I can go back and laugh at myself or others.

Back