What's new

What upgrades are needed to make us a contender?

Yes, get rid of Lauri seems like a good call

How quickly it all changes..

People just throw stuff out. Nothing more than fun debate.

I think @Handlogten's Heros is not sold on our 10-5 start. He is in tank mindset atm. Once we beat next 2-3 he will hopefully be back in the hype train.
I mean I put right there in the post I am not sure I'd do it. Its not that I want to move him... I could see the offers getting high and it could get tempting.

Its not that I am not sold on this team. I think they can be a playoff team.... but could go nowhere similar to the Nuggets team post Melo. We need a star to pair with Lauri... those don't come through FA... if they come through the draft they take a while. We could roll this forward and it never builds to much. We could also sell off a bunch of non-Lauri players and hope to strike gold in the lotto... or maybe trade for a star.

I was one of the few posters before the season that said we are too good to tank.

I think what happened was DA/JZ thought they liked some of the pieces and wanted to keep them, but also thought they had 20-25 games to sell off some vets and make sure they were more tank worthy. Due to a tough opening schedule it would have been pretty wild to think we'd start 10-3... so the tank option would always be open.

I'm sure they are recalibrating and no one is looking to trade Lauri... but it might be conversations that start from incoming calls... I just think no one is off limits for trade.. not even THT.

I think what happened was DA/JZ thought they liked some of the pieces and wanted to keep them, but also thought they had 20-25 games to sell off some vets and make sure they were more tank worthy. Due to a tough opening schedule it would have been pretty wild to think we'd start 10-3... so the tank option would always be open.

I'm sure they are recalibrating and no one is looking to trade Lauri... but it might be conversations that start from incoming calls... I just think no one is off limits for trade.. not even THT.
Scary thing is that when we make trades and THT starts getting 30 mpg we will be clear championship favorites

I'm sorry but turner just doesn't fit in the modern nba. He's a big with no ability to extend to 3 point line. He's slow. He is a negative asset. Buddy is a volume shooter. He's the kind of guy whose always going to get his regardless. Love playing against those hollow stats guys 25 points on 30 shot attemps. I would not trade any of our guys for them let alone draft picks.

Gay and Azubuike for Killian Hayes and Saddiq Bey

The Pistons are undersized and would welcome a young big like Azubuike with untapped potential and a bionic ankle. Bey has been slumping and just lost his starting job to Bagley. We get out of this deal with them requiring only minimal draft compensation, if any.

Last edited:
Gay and Azubuike for Killian Hayes and Saddiq Bey

The Pistons are undersized and would welcome a young big like Azubuike with untapped potential and a bionic ankle. Bey has been slumping and just lost his starting job to Bagley. We get out of this deal with only minimal draft compensation, if any.
Then we follow that up with:
Conley and Bolmaro for Jalen Suggs and Jonathan Isaac.

They do it because Isaac is coming off ACL surgery after being out for over a year and has a pretty hefty contract even after injury provisions which greatly mitigate the exposure. Also they could use Conley as we have, in a mentor capacity to improve the team. We come out of the deal again requiring us to provide only minimal draft compensation.

Some people actually wanted the Jazz to trade for this jerk.

View: https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1592934416959287296

The article is so weird. Like I'm happy and loving this ****... its an awesome challenge... look how ****** my teammates are and yall are still expecting me to win... how great is that.

Man... Nets maybe should have just traded Ky and KD even at 50-75% of value in the offseason to avoid this. I'm not sure how they thought this was going to just all come together.

The article is so weird. Like I'm happy and loving this ****... its an awesome challenge... look how ****** my teammates are and yall are still expecting me to win... how great is that.

Man... Nets maybe should have just traded Ky and KD even at 50-75% of value in the offseason to avoid this. I'm not sure how they thought this was going to just all come together.
KD has already shown he can't win even with a very solid supporting cast like he had in OKC. Now he is supposed to be the glue that holds this crappy team together when he already showed he has the sticking power of Pam cooking spray? That is great for the LOLs.

On ESPN 700 today, Tony said he doesn't think this will be a long re-build, he thinks the Jazz will try and take a big swing this offseason. He also wouldn't be shocked if the Jazz are buyers at the deadline, depending on where their record is at that point. They want to get as good as possible as quickly as possible, and open up a window to contend as quickly as possible. The Jazz think Markkanen can be a second option on a really good team, they view Kessler as their starting center going forward, now they need to figure out how the other pieces fit and if there are any other guys on the roster that are long term pieces.

Then we follow that up with:
Conley and Bolmaro for Jalen Suggs and Jonathan Isaac.

They do it because Isaac is coming off ACL surgery after being out for over a year and has a pretty hefty contract even after injury provisions which greatly mitigate the exposure. Also they could use Conley as we have, in a mentor capacity to improve the team. We come out of the deal again requiring us to provide only minimal draft compensation.
Those are terrible trades for the Pistons and Magic.

Those are terrible trades for the Pistons and Magic.
Yeah so? Like we’re running some kind of a charity now after fleecing both Minnesota and Cleveland? Anyway that’s what those draft tickets are for we have in the cupboard. And because this involves non-All Stars, the sweetener factor is at a bare minimum. The beauty of these trades is that it fills a need, particularly in the case of Detroit and catches both in a position of vulnerability.

In the case of Orlando, we could mix it up a little to make it more appealing for them. In the absence of Fultz and Antony, Suggs has emerged as a cornerstone. Take Suggs and Bolmaro out of the deal and insert either Hampton or Anthony and Juzang on our end and you’ve got another match made in Heaven.

Last edited:
Durant would be interesting , nets have proven in the past that they want more then the farm back in return , it ain’t happening .

Surely Nets blow it up and trade Kyrie and KD …

Marks got so much credit for getting these 2 to the nets , now it’s crashed and burned spectacularly, sure his job is under pressure .

Only players I’d make available are Olynyk , Conley , Gay , and maybe 1 of our future first rounders down the track … maybe .

Durant would be interesting , nets have proven in the past that they want more then the farm back in return , it ain’t happening .

Surely Nets blow it up and trade Kyrie and KD …

Marks got so much credit for getting these 2 to the nets , now it’s crashed and burned spectacularly, sure his job is under pressure .

Only players I’d make available are Olynyk , Conley , Gay , and maybe 1 of our future first rounders down the track … maybe .

Are you kidding? It would take multiple players and 3-4 firsts minimum.

Yeah so? Like we’re running some kind of a charity now after fleecing both Minnesota and Cleveland? Anyway that’s what those draft tickets are for we have in the cupboard. And because this involves non-All Stars, the sweetener factor is at a bare minimum. The beauty of these trades is that it fills a need, particularly in the case of Detroit and catches both in a position of vulnerability.

In the case of Orlando, we could mix it up a little to make it more appealing for them. In the absence of Fultz and Antony, Suggs has emerged as a cornerstone. Take Suggs and Bolmaro out of the deal and insert either Hampton or Anthony and Juzang on our end and you’ve got another match made in Heaven.
They are bad trades for those teams and those moves don't change that.

They are bad trades for those teams and those moves don't change that.
That's essentially what buying means, one team gets an upgrade in players traded for the added incentive of draft compensation. In that way the trade becomes amenable to both parties. None of the pieces I mentioned are untouchables, so I'm having a hard time understanding your meaning here. I mean truthfully, I'd prefer to go after Wendell Carter Jr. over Jonathan Isaac as it's a safer bet, but because Carter is core and Isaac isn't, we roll the dice on Isaac. I believe that the players I listed are available for the right price.

But which team will give that for an ageing star ?

No one is going to give them close to that
this is KD man, MVP caliber player. I mean somebody will sell the farm and the neighbors farm if he is the missing piece.
OKC could have the return of KD and get it done easily if they throw SGA ,Chet, Dieng, their 23 first from LAC top 3 protected and a future unprotected at the Nets for KD, Sharpe, and the Nets 2023 first lottery protected for 2 years then 2 seconds.
That leaves OKC with Giddey, Jalen Williams, KD, Baze, Sharpe with Dort at the 6 with several other young upside role players on the roster that could be flipped for vets.
Should they do that, probably not. But thats what it would cost. OKC has to do something with all those first besides use them on more rookies lol

this is KD man, MVP caliber player. I mean somebody will sell the farm and the neighbors farm if he is the missing piece.
OKC could have the return of KD and get it done easily if they throw SGA ,Chet, Dieng, their 23 first from LAC top 3 protected and a future unprotected at the Nets for KD, Sharpe, and the Nets 2023 first lottery protected for 2 years then 2 seconds.
That leaves OKC with Giddey, Jalen Williams, KD, Baze, Sharpe with Dort at the 6 with several other young upside role players on the roster that could be flipped for vets.
Should they do that, probably not. But thats what it would cost. OKC has to do something with all those first besides use them on more rookies lol
Have you watched SGA? I'm not sure KD is the better player of those two right now.