What's new

What would you give up to draft Anthony Davis?

After that gay moment it seems like it's worth taking a look at this guy. Haven't seen him playing yet.

Anthony Davis is Marcus Camby with a jump hook and a jumper. He was only 6'2" two years ago, he could end up at 6'11" or even 7'. The Jazz could go all in and it still wouldn't be enough to get him.

I agree with PKM also. Davis is going to be sick. He will be like an athletic Duncan. He is easily the best player in this draft. It would be very hard to get him.

That's why we should have tanked real good and gave ourselves a chance to get him.

Do you think that the Jazz would play the number one overall that much? Or sit him on the bench?

I'd be willing to give up a lot. It'll be interesting to see who gets the #1 pick - then I can look at their needs and see what might get it done. Y'know, like do they want vets (Jeffy, Millsap) or young guys (etc.).

No offense to PKM and all of the other Davis fans, but I am not too hyped on Davis just yet. Yeah, he has athleticism through the roof, but so does Favors (not to mention how much skinnier Davis is). If I had the first pick, I'd trade down, IMO. Curious to see how Davis does in the NBA

Did you see Davis's final four game? He had i think 18 points 11 rebounds and 5 blocks. First time since I think 76 that someone had numbers like that in a final four game. Not to mention his athleticism. I'm a big Kentucky fan (because of rondo) and at first i was skeptical of Davis being number 1 but watching him has convinced me he'll be a pretty damn fine player.

I just want Davis to match up with Kanter so we can have a duo with the shortest average hairline in NBA history! LeBron will be so intimidated!

ad2.jpg

enes_kanter.jpg

I just want Davis to match up with Kanter so we can have a duo with the shortest average hairline in NBA history! LeBron will be so intimidated!

ad2.jpg

enes_kanter.jpg

Geez, you're right. These guys have the smallest foreheads since Cadillac Anderson.

Did you see Davis's final four game? He had i think 18 points 11 rebounds and 5 blocks. First time since I think 76 that someone had numbers like that in a final four game. Not to mention his athleticism. I'm a big Kentucky fan (because of rondo) and at first i was skeptical of Davis being number 1 but watching him has convinced me he'll be a pretty damn fine player.

a) Success in college doesn't completely equate to success in the NBA.
b) I mentioned his athleticism as being otherworldly already.

I just think that he will half to put on a decent amount of weight, if he ever wants to become a great power forward. How many HOF PFs have there been that have weighed <230 pounds? Hence my current doubt on him. His potential is sky-high, and I really don't think that he will bust (at all), I just don't know if he will be a top 5 player of the decade as some are touting him. Just my opinion. It'll be interesting to see him play in the NBA; I think his start will be a lot more rocky than some are thinking. But hey, more stock should be put into people who each college ball more than I do (ahem, PKM, CT, Orangello, et al.) so take my predictions with a grain of salt.

Seriously, I like Davis, but I'm not sure he's guaranteed to be a franchise player. He's got to get stronger and heavier to play inside. His length is dominant in college, but won't be in the pros. He'll be a solid player, but will he be better than Blake Griffin? It's not a lock. It's not like he handles and shoots that well. He's going to get compared to players like Jermaine O'Neal and AK until he develops more.

He's not as skilled as KG or KD.

I mean hey he could be like Micheal Beasly for all I know, I think he'll come into the league, he'll be a solid defender, have highlight reel plays but still struggle on offense. Have a decent rookie year. He's not going to be like Lebron where he just comes into the league and makes his team absolutely amazing

After reading a bit and watching few games it IMO he will have a tough rookie year and we may be in a better position to grab him later on like we did with Favors. He will get bullied by likes of Griffin and Favors and Millslapped by likes of our own Paul and Bosh. But potential is there, no questions.

I'd be willing to give up a lot. It'll be interesting to see who gets the #1 pick - then I can look at their needs and see what might get it done. Y'know, like do they want vets (Jeffy, Millsap) or young guys (etc.).

This.… it's hard to determine if we could trade for the pick when we don't know who has it.

But I would be willing to give picks, Paul and Kanter!

This.… it's hard to determine if we could trade for the pick when we don't know who has it.

But I would be willing to give picks, Paul and Kanter!

Bobcats most likely will have the pick, in which cases its basically ours. Here's what we do. we get our hands on Kwame Brown. Micheal Jordan LOVES Kwame Brown. Maybe get Kwame in the gym, polish him up a little bit get a little muscle tone, shoot some slick vid of him hitting lay ups. Send micheal the footage. Then we say straight up Kwame for the First overall pick. Micheal Jordan will stare into the distance, phone in hand "Kwame Brown is not worth wasting one first overall pick on, but 2" he will think his mind racing with images of Kwame Brown lifting the O'brien Trophy over his head, Micheal Jordan riding on his shoulders. Done deal he will whisper, placing the phone down. Done deal.

You never know what will happen after he gets picked. I am still convinced Greg Oden would have been just as good as dwight howard had he not had 39 knee surgeries. Maybe Davis never amounts to anything, maybe he becomes the next kareem abdul jabbar.