What's new

What would you give up to draft Anthony Davis?

P.s. Orangello you should keep that whole massage therapist thing to yourself. Unless of course you were working strictly on hot chicks, but I doubt that. Did you ever massage dudes? Were you like rubbing hot oil on some fat harry old men?

There are reasons to stay in the industry and there are reasons to leave it. I am not longer a massage therapist.

HOF Power Forwards under 230 pounds

How many HOF PFs have there been that have weighed <230 pounds?

About 6:

Petit 205
McHale: 210
Rodman 220
Schayes 195
McAdoo, 210
Miller, 170 (not Reggie, Cheryl)

Has anyone in the history of the NBA traded down from the #1 spot?

Since 1980, it has happened only three times:

Boston in 1980
Philadelphia in 1986
Orlando in 1993 (after making the pick)

As for what would I give to get Davis? Whatever it takes. The guy is going to be a monster.

If I'm not mistaken, the pick was traded well before we knew it would be a #1. Still one of the greatest "what-ifs" in NBA history.

Yep, you had it right.

On August 5, 1976, the Los Angeles Lakers acquired 1977, 1978 and 1979 first-round picks, and a 1980 second-round pick from the Utah Jazz in exchange for a 1978 first-round pick and a 1977 second-round pick. This trade was arranged as compensation when the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich on July 19, 1976.[21] The Lakers used the pick to draft Magic Johnson.

A very sad what if for the Jazz franchise.

Didn't the Jazz trade the #1 pick in 1979 to the Lakers and the Lakers got Magic out of it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_NBA_Draft
If I recall the jazz drafted, and intended for Stockton to be a good backup pg for Green, maybe even if they had been able to draft Magic they still draft Stockton. Can you imagine having both Stockton and Magic. The Jazz could've played both together in the starting lineup, then add Malone. Now were talking one of the all time great teams! Damn!

If I recall the jazz drafted, and intended for Stockton to be a good backup pg for Green, maybe even if they had been able to draft Magic they still draft Stockton. Can you imagine having both Stockton and Magic. The Jazz could've played both together in the starting lineup, then add Malone. Now were talking one of the all time great teams! Damn!
Malone would've probably been the all time leader in points scored by a long shot.

Obviously I wouldn't deplete our team of all its talent to get him, but I would give up quite a ransom. Millsap+1 of the 4+picks (this year and future). What the guy did his freshman year is unreal. I see a ton of KG/Duncan/Olajuwon in him, and his numbers are in their ballpark. I love his stats, but more importantly for me, every time I've watched him, he's passed the eye-ball test for me.

No offense to PKM and all of the other Davis fans, but I am not too hyped on Davis just yet. Yeah, he has athleticism through the roof, but so does Favors (not to mention how much skinnier Davis is). If I had the first pick, I'd trade down, IMO. Curious to see how Davis does in the NBA
Oh dear.
No offense at all. Having said that, I'm not sure we could trade everything we've got and get him and I'm serious. I always state when I'm being homerish and when I'm not .. I'm not when I say Davis is a once-in-a-decade player. For those that disagree, I respect that .. we'll just have to wait a couple years and see.
Nice.

Oh dear.

Nice.

I really, really didn't like how lanky Davis was.

It's still alarming.

One thing I definitely underestimated was his ball skills, and shooting range. I didn't realize how great he was at those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more embarrassed with my draft-eval of Singleton being better than Kawhi in every single way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with PKM also. Davis is going to be sick. He will be like an athletic Duncan. He is easily the best player in this draft. It would be very hard to get him.

That's why we should have tanked real good and gave ourselves a chance to get him.

Do you think that the Jazz would play the number one overall that much? Or sit him on the bench?

Forgot about this clown.