What's new

What would you give up to draft Anthony Davis?

I will say Davis does appear to have the highest bust potential since Kwame Brown (if you don't consider yourself a prophet on Oden's knees).

He will be anything but a bust, nor will he be once in a decade IMO. He will be a very good player. You can't really compare him to anytone.

Last edited:
No offense to PKM and all of the other Davis fans, but I am not too hyped on Davis just yet. Yeah, he has athleticism through the roof, but so does Favors (not to mention how much skinnier Davis is). If I had the first pick, I'd trade down, IMO. Curious to see how Davis does in the NBA

Having the right mind and right heart is undervalued in rating prospects. Fire is as much a talent as almost anything, AND he has the physical talent.

I think he'll figure out offense with time. In addition to strength. Rick Pitino called him Bill Russell. Not the craziest thing I've ever heard.

You fools are going to be eating crow doubting this guy. Davis will be an absolute stud. Guaranteed!

Haha. It's Hilarious some people even saying he has bust potential. What are you watching? I don't get it. This one should be the easy pick.

Having the right mind and right heart is undervalued in rating prospects. Fire is as much a talent as almost anything, AND he has the physical talent.
I think he'll figure out offense with time. In addition to strength. Rick Pitino called him Bill Russell. Not the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Vastly underrated.

I would give up Cy and BluesRocker for Davis. Oh, and I would throw in Miles just to sweeten the deal that much more.

I would give up Cy and BluesRocker for Davis. Oh, and I would throw in Miles just to sweeten the deal that much more.

What's that Orange jello? You used to give rub and tugs for a living?

How many rub and tugs would you give for Davis? Hey I think I heard PKM was looking for a massage.

Real classy Orange Jello, real classy.

Bobcats will definitely get the 1st pick. I feel like going to Nevada and making a big bet on that one- Stern is too easy to predict and Jordan is not happy.

What's that Orange jello? You used to give rub and tugs for a living?

How many rub and tugs would you give for Davis? Hey I think I heard PKM was looking for a massage.

Real classy Orange Jello, real classy.

You didn't think it was the slightest bit funny? I find that hard to believe.

Nothing. i like th ebigs we have and now we need wings. A Davis is not a wing.

@Bluesrocker - I usually appreciate your work but the orange jello joke fell flat imo.

Sorry for coming into the conversation late, but I think Davis will be real good, but I'm not willing to gut the team and all it's assets for that one man. I love what's brewing here. I'm higher on Hayward then most. I think he can be a star in the mold of Stockton. A guy who will play winning basketball compete all out every night, and help the offense flourish.

Favors also has potential to be a star. Long athletic big who also has power, with a chance to be a DPOY type player. I think next year he will be ready to start, and the year after his coming out party.

Kanter I don't think will be a star but very solid big that can thrive on a championship team. He can be an elite rebounder tough post defender, and has the potential to be an enforcer on this team. I see his offensive ceiling as a 15 points a night scorer at the most.

For me Burks is harder to predict. I'd like to call him our closer of the future but I think he needs to be more consistent with his jumper. I do however see him being a guy who can put pressure on the defense, and a guy who can come to the rescue when the offense stalls at times. The one reason I can see him being a very good player is his ability to rebound, and his ability to get to the foul line, which should help him be a more efficient offensive player, and isn't a bad defender, and just a hired gun on offense. I need to see more before I can say he has a chance to be star caliber.

I view our assets as the two picks (assuming we get both picks this year) Jefferson, Millsap (can he except a bench roll at some point) Harris, and Bell as an expiring contract. I feel a better way to go is to use these assets to build around the young 4. Trade up for MKG or buy a later pick for a pg or whatever, but I like this more then gutting this team for Davis. I think the team the way it is going has a chance to be championship caliber with out Davis. I'm interested to see what KOC does in the next few months as they will be key.

Lol.

Cmon

It was funny. Orangello said he used to be a massage therapist. You know what goes on in that industry right?

Anyways I'm always just messing around. No hard feelings here.

Lol.

Cmon

It was funny. Orangello said he used to be a massage therapist. You know what goes on in that industry right?

Anyways I'm always just messing around. No hard feelings here.

Oh I know it is all in fun. It is just that this joke didn't work for me is all. Usually your posts make me at least smile.

Nothing. i like th ebigs we have and now we need wings. A Davis is not a wing.

@Bluesrocker - I usually appreciate your work but the orange jello joke fell flat imo.

Were you by chance employed by The Blazers in the early 80's?

I wonder how many people would trade favors for Davis straight up. I think I would.

P.s. Orangello you should keep that whole massage therapist thing to yourself. Unless of course you were working strictly on hot chicks, but I doubt that. Did you ever massage dudes? Were you like rubbing hot oil on some fat harry old men?

I was busy playing with transformers and G.I. Joes in the 80s.

So my question is what am I missing?

He's referring to the Sam Bowie draft, and how they could've had Michael Jordan- inferring that we should simply look at BPA, and worry about positions later.

Keep in mind, taking the David Kahn route of stockpiling players of the same position doesn't really work either.

I would give up anyone on the roster except favors to get Davis.

Something like Kanter and Salary (Harris, Millsap or Jefferson) and a couple of 1st would put us in the ball park. If we keep on of the firsts but give up Burks or Hayward- that would be fine.

A Favors-Davis front court would dominate games and win championships.

He's referring to the Sam Bowie draft, and how they could've had Michael Jordan- inferring that we should simply look at BPA, and worry about positions later.

Keep in mind, taking the David Kahn route of stockpiling players of the same position doesn't really work either.

Well that assumes that we have the #1 pick. If Utah ends up in the lottery and our picks wins the lottery and we get the #1 pick I would take Davis. That is totally different then giving things up to get the #1 pick.

I would draft the BPA especially if they are of a high caliber. But then that was not the question now was it.