What's new

What's Good in the World Today Thread

I think a largely less serious "Good" needs to be pointed out from reddit; Their secret santa program. This will be my third year, and I'm just super excited about it.

Also; the /r/HighQualityGifs subreddit. High in gif quality, and also very high in humour. Once in a while, a couple of users get together and enhance a video through HQGStudios, like this one from the Bruno Mars/Uptown funk.

One video even made it to dailymotion. And it deserves some awe... it's super amazing!

You won't be sorry.

Edit; Please note that these links, although hilarious and largely family safe, they may contain colorful language or images. Nothing that would get you fired from a good job.

This is awesome. Guy goes around paying people's rent.

What an awesome way to give away. You get millions of views doing it and it pays for itself.

This photo is history in the making. It is the first Starship (serial number 20) to ever be stacked atop a SuperHeavy Booster (booster number 4). It is the prototype for the vehicle that will next carry humans to the moon and to Mars. There will be a thousand of these stacked pairs, but this one is the first.

Starship-Stacking.jpg

Robotics is a sport and I’m happy it exists. It isn’t just Battle Bots (which I also enjoy) but the Elementary, Middle School, and High School robotics competitions are intense. That these competitions exist is a great thing, but the existence of these competitions isn’t what has me smiling today.

What has me fist pumping today is that 11 girls who were in parts of a competition robotics team from Afghanistan were just rescued before they could be seized by the Taliban by an Oklahoma Mom who met them in 2019 when they were here in the US for a competition.