What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-three-newbutton-1676306275720.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I think it is the best Guardians movie. Has a great balance between the comedic/dramatic/action moments. Rocket's backstory is so well done. The songs all work pretty well. Yeah, James Gunn is on fire, every project he is involved with lately has been great.

kfm-pm-share-1200x630-c.jpg

I liked this quite a bit. Despite it being 3 1/2 hours long there isnt much wasted screen time and it wraps up in a satisfying way with a fun cameo at the end. Really hammers home the ugliness of the crimes these people commited, it was like nothing to them. You could say the movie does lose some momentum during the course of these actions but it picks up again once the feds show up and bring justice(well some, the fact these people were released is a joke).

I just saw 2 huge blockbusters from last year back to back.
First I watched Killers of the flower moon. I hated it. One of the worst movies I ever saw. All the characters (other than may dinero's character and the FBI) were incredibly stupid. They portrayed the Osage indians as total idiots. So they come into money. Suddenly white men start "falling in love with them" when they didn't before they came into money. Then right at the same time white men start falling in love with them, they all start dying (like 63 of them iirc) and the white men inherit the money. I mean one white dude married an indian, she dies soon after, then only 2 weeks later he married her sister! Of course she dies soon after too. And they just keep marrying more white men and continue to die.
Dicaprio's wife doesn't realize that her own husband is involved in a bunch of murders of her family. Plus, she has diabetes and so Leo starts giving her insulin..... with some kind of poison in it that is killing her. He says things like "you need to get worse before you get better". The kicker though is that leo gets arrested for murder so now he cant administer the insulin with the poison in it anymore and bada bing bada boom she instantly starts getting better now that doctors are administering the non poisoned insulin. And she still doesn't put it together that her husband was killing her like all the other white men were killing all these indian people.
And the white men were all stupid too. They would kill in super sloppy ways often. the killers would just kill people because they were asked to. No other reason. They all sounded like country bumpkin dumbasses. Dicaprio always had a super stupid look on his face.
I hated it bad.

Then I watched Oppenheimer. Masterpiece. Robert Downey Jr was amazing. Cillian murphy was amazing. Josh hartnett was great. Florence pugh was fantastic. Oppenheimers wife was fierce and amazing. Matt damon was solid. All the supporting actors were great. I loved the musical score. Really like how when they finally detonated the Trinity bomb the director chose to use silence rather than a loud explosive sound. Somehow made the bomb feel even more powerful. Loved the use of black and white. Loved the use of Einsten. Loved the little blurb at the end about JFK. Loved all the scientific mumbo jumbo by all the brilliant scientists who worked on the bomb. Loved the scene with Oppenheimer and president Harrry Truman (truman was a total douche). Robert downey Jr made for a really good villain. Interesting to see all the bureaucracy and politics involved. 3 years, 4,000 people and 2 billion dollars to build the bomb. Crazy.
I liked it so much that i went to google and youtube afterwards to learn more about it. I had no idea that between 1942 and 1965 the US detonated 210 atomic bombs. The bomb dropped in hiroshima killed 70,000 instantly (iirc). the one dropped in nagasaki killed another 40,000 instantly. Then after radiation exposure 220,000 ended up dead. The japanese surrendered quickly and the war was over..... as the new cold war between us and russia began. I also found that only one Hydrogen bomb (1,000 times more powerful than an atomic bomb) has ever been detonated. I was by far the most powerful bomb ever detonated and was done by russia. Apparently windows in building were blown out 3,000 miles away.

Highly recommend oppenheimer. Hated killers of the flower moon.

I dont think I could watch those back to back. Thats what 6.5 hours?! I will be watching Oppenheimer soon.
I didn't watch them literally back to back.
I watched killers of the flower Moon over about 3 days last week and then oppenheimer over about 3 days this week. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm currently watching a movie called Hidden Figures and really liking it so far.
It's about these 3 black women back in the day who were working for NASA to help get a man on the moon.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Watched TMNT:Mutant Mayhem and I enjoyed it a lot. It has good writing, funny dialogue and the animation is excellent. Great voice castings, Jackie Chan as splinter was perfect. I dont really have anything bad to say about it, they set up a sequel that I would be 100% down for. If you were a TMNT fan I would recommend this one. This was a nice surprise, exact opposite than the Super Mario movie which felt soulless.

Watched TMNT:Mutant Mayhem and I enjoyed it a lot. It has good writing, funny dialogue and the animation is excellent. Great voice castings, Jackie Chan as splinter was perfect. I dont really have anything bad to say about it, they set up a sequel that I would be 100% down for. If you were a TMNT fan I would recommend this one. This was a nice surprise, exact opposite than the Super Mario movie which felt soulless.
I liked that movie a lot as well. Cool bad guys too. (ice cube killed it)
Also didn't like super mario all that much either

Watched Oppenheimer. I liked it though I definitely felt the length of it as I got a little sleepy during the later scenes. Fantastic job by Cillian Murphy capturing the man himself, the scene after they drop the bomb and everyone is celebrating but the effect of dropping a bomb on civilians starts to haunt him is fantastic, one of my favorite scenes.

The testing of the bomb scene was probably the standout scene for me, I was totally glued to the screen. Another great scene is when they are discussing which city to choose to bomb. The Einstein scenes were great too, especially the haunting words to wrap up the movie.

My least favorite scenes were mostly Robert Downey Jr ones, not that he did a bad job, he actually did quite well. its just that it started to get a little confusing to me his role, his past relationship with Oppenheimer and his motivation for tearing him down. I got kind of annoyed each time they pulled me out of Oppenheimer storyline to bring me back to this guy I didnt care for. I kind of wished some of his scenes were cut out or at least trimmed down.

Watched Oppenheimer. I liked it though I definitely felt the length of it as I got a little sleepy during the later scenes. Fantastic job by Cillian Murphy capturing the man himself, the scene after they drop the bomb and everyone is celebrating but the effect of dropping a bomb on civilians starts to haunt him is fantastic, one of my favorite scenes.

The testing of the bomb scene was probably the standout scene for me, I was totally glued to the screen. Another great scene is when they are discussing which city to choose to bomb. The Einstein scenes were great too, especially the haunting words to wrap up the movie.

My least favorite scenes were mostly Robert Downey Jr ones, not that he did a bad job, he actually did quite well. its just that it started to get a little confusing to me his role, his past relationship with Oppenheimer and his motivation for tearing him down. I got kind of annoyed each time they pulled me out of Oppenheimer storyline to bring me back to this guy I didnt care for. I kind of wished some of his scenes were cut out or at least trimmed down.
Good thoughts.
Basically the whole reason Downey tore down oppenheimer was simply because his feelings were hurt by oppenheimer a couple times when oppenheimer made him look foolish

Weak sauce

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk