What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

JazzGal

Contributor
Watched "Thirteen Lives" on Prime yesterday. It is the story of 12 kids and their coach stuck in a cave in Thailand in 2018. Directed by Ron Howard and starring Viggo Mortensen and Colin Farrell. Tense even if you know what happens.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

prodigy

Watched Alex Garland's Men. The ending is quite something, I'll say. Body horror starts off pretty nuts and only keeps getting more and more disturbing. He puts you front and center of it all. The CGI/practical effects look good, knowing Garland I'm sure he probably spent hours upon hours of looking at footage to come up with something truly horrific. I've seen some gross out body horror, this up there.

It's ultimately kind of what the movie will be known for but I was enjoying the visuals and the acting was great. A downside was I felt the material felt like it started to be stretched thin a bit before we get to the climax. But if you want a unique nightmarish experience, go for it.

Bucknutz

Just watched the new All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix. 2 1/2 hour movie and it was great. I’m heading to France in about 10 days and we have some days scheduled for WW1 and WW2 history. Trench warfare was hell and I’m excited to learn more about it where it happened.

Last edited:

Al-O-Meter

Just watched the new All Quite on the Western Front on Netflix. 2 1/2 hour movie and it was great. I’m heading to France in about 10 days and we have some days scheduled for WW1 and WW2 history. Trench warfare was hell and I’m excited to learn more about it where it happened.

By far the best historical production on WW1 that I had the befit of happening across was the Blueprint for Armageddon series by Dan Carlin. For a long time he had it available for free on his website but now it looks like he's charging $15 for it.

Bucknutz

By far the best historical production on WW1 that I had the befit of happening across was the Blueprint for Armageddon series by Dan Carlin. For a long time he had it available for free on his website but now it looks like he's charging $15 for it.
I’ll take a look at this. I have a basic understanding of WW1 and I’m interested in learning more. Thanks for the suggested content.

prodigy

Watched Nope. I liked it but I really felt the running time, this is a slow movie. I remember reading that the chimpanzee sequence came from one of Jordan Peele's dream, thats pretty wild. One of the stronger scenes from the film, I enjoyed Steven Yeun's characther arc im this. There are some really great scenes and the creativity on display is enjoyable, I just dont know if it all quite comes together for me but I did enjoy it a lot more than 'Us'.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I watched Thor love and Thunder and thought it was great. Very funny. The goats were hilarious and Thor's sidekick (dude make of rock) is so funny. Good fight scenes, good villain (took me forever to figure out who played the villain), some decent emotion to it. Loved the scene in the palace of the Gods or whatever when thor killed zeus. The farewell scene between thor and star lord was hilarious. Just good fun all around. I almost always love the marvel/avengers movies.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Watching the new Hellraiser movie now. Almost halfway through and its pretty good so far.