What's new

What's the worst nickname ever for a Jazz player?

You are probably right. Now that I think about it I really do miss the good old days of Stockton, Malone, and maybe best nickname of all time, Dr. Dunkenstein.

Here's one from when B. Russ started getting some national attention. More a national name then local, but people outside Utah kept calling him Byron instead of Brian. When he pointed out the mistake, national commentators started calling him Brian don't call me Byron Russell. Lol

Not that it was particularly bad, but whenever Ricky Green used to steal the ball, the commentator would shout "Ricky Green the fastest of them all! They'll never catch him!" So maybe "The Fastest of them All" deserves honorable mention.
You deserve a neg train for calling the person who said that "the announcer."

IDK, I just really like the name Houdini for Burks. I think people only think it's lame cuz of Bolerjack. Pretty sure Burks himself co-signed it.

I agree. "Houdini" was by far the worst. Not only it did not have anything to do with the player's name as today no one knows exactly what Houdini used to do. People may know he was a magician but that's pretty much it. So, for the regular viewer, there is no clear connection between Burks' plays and whatever Houdini used to do. Awful nickname!

I'm pretty sure that most people still know that Harry Houdini was a magician and escape artist. Not sure that what Burks does when he drives isn't relevant. Some of the shots he comes up with is pretty impressive. Boler overdoes it, but I don't mind Houdini.

Enes the Menace would probably get my vote.

Also, Horny is by far and away the best nickname after The Mailman and Dr. Dunkenstein.

I agree. "Houdini" was by far the worst. Not only it did not have anything to do with the player's name as today no one knows exactly what Houdini used to do. People may know he was a magician but that's pretty much it. So, for the regular viewer, there is no clear connection between Burks' plays and whatever Houdini used to do. Awful nickname!
Nor only that, but Burks doesn't do anything similar to what Houdini did. Houdini was an escape artist. It's a super stupid nickname, and it's even stupider because of the way Boller says it. Calling Burks OJ or Ali or Madonna would make just as much sense.

IDK, I just really like the name Houdini for Burks. I think people only think it's lame cuz of Bolerjack. Pretty sure Burks himself co-signed it.

If it was good, then Boler definitely ruined it. Since it's definitely ruined, it definitely sucks. Can you follow?

Lol. Houdini is a great name. I am always amazed by some of the shots he makes. Isn't he often called the magic man too?? I'm always uncomfortable with that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk