What's new

What's wrong with SLC?

nothing to do there, at all! everything closes at 9pm, if it aint the jazz or the gateway...there ain't nothin else

I took a trip to SLC and asked people what there was to do there, 9 out of 10 people said nothing to do here, the rest said the gateway...puke

I took a trip to SLC and asked people what there was to do there, 9 out of 10 people said nothing to do here, the rest said the gateway...puke

THIS. I'm a college student in SLC and I'm lucky I'm into the local music scene because if I didn't have shows to go to/play, I would just sit at home most nights. Aside from local shows there's just never anything going on after 9 unless you're into POS dive bars or guido clubs. I still like the city - especially as a student. It's a peaceful, slow-paced lifestyle. But in real cities you can just walk outside and there's something cool going on. You can drive around downtown SLC on a Friday/Saturday night after 9ish and not see a soul. Very lame.

Dude, gateways is so fun! You can buy cheeseburgers as much as you want! And the Lane Bryant store keeps all the boys in the yard.

Dude, gateways is so fun! You can buy cheeseburgers as much as you want! And the Lane Bryant store keeps all the boys in the yard.
Keep in mind, Asian dudes with lap dogs generally only mingle with other Asian dudes with lap dogs.

And they tend to be boring.

And have small *edited for likelihood of being misconstrued as racist*.

Reactions: UB
THIS. I'm a college student in SLC and I'm lucky I'm into the local music scene because if I didn't have shows to go to/play, I would just sit at home most nights. Aside from local shows there's just never anything going on after 9 unless you're into POS dive bars or guido clubs. I still like the city - especially as a student. It's a peaceful, slow-paced lifestyle. But in real cities you can just walk outside and there's something cool going on. You can drive around downtown SLC on a Friday/Saturday night after 9ish and not see a soul. Very lame.

I think I saw the gateway on Bordy's census map thing...there were no dots.

There is so much to do in Utah that you would have to be either retarded, a hermit, Vinylone, guy who is angry at the world, guy who lives in Utah and bitches every day to everyone about how he's annoyed by Mormons and alcohol laws, or blind guy to not get it. Utah has plenty to offer.

There is nothing wrong with SLC. In fact, i think its a great place to raise kids if NBA gave a crap about where they want to raise their children (HA!!). I think its a beautiful place, everyone is especially going to miss the mountains! SLC has the most organized streets compared to some other large cities, the people are fairly friendly and mormons are nice (in most cases). I do wish the amount of ethnic groups was a little more even, I lived in Seattle for a couple years and I thought the culture up there was a lot better and people were so much more respectable and I don't remember bumping into a bunch of rednecks either but the weather up there was gloomy as ever. Not the biggest fan of the hardest liquors so that don't really matter to me. Some clubs are a laugh....but there's still some nice ones around. I think this place is awesome minus all the smog and sh**** that accumulates in the valley.

There is so much to do in Utah that you would have to be either retarded, a hermit, Vinylone, guy who is angry at the world, guy who lives in Utah and bitches every day to everyone about how he's annoyed by Mormons and alcohol laws, or blind guy to not get it. Utah has plenty to offer.

Archie, not everyone goes to bed at 6pm, guy.

Utah's cool. That said, I'm a white dude who grew up here and enjoys redrock. I travel quite a bit. We're hardly the cultural backwater some would have you believe, we're far from being one of the authentically cultural and diverse places that exist elsewhere.

I feel like everything in SLC is a reactionary imitation of somewhere else. For example, I go to St. Louis, walk into a random jazz bar and it's real. It has a history and authenticity you can just feel in your soul; a hundred years of jazz and smoke embedded in the walls. We might have a jazz bar here, a fun place to go, get a drink, have a good time, but it'll be a total knockoff of someplace that has real soul and character.

Furthermore, we have a lot of dumbass hipstery leftists in this city who grew up mormon or not, but are rebelling against the dominant state culture out of nothing but rebellion. People describe us as being pretty bohemian. SLC's left isn't Bohemian- they're a bunch of people trying, really, really, really hard to be that though. Again, imitators.

Utah's cool. That said, I'm a white dude who grew up here and enjoys redrock. I travel quite a bit. We're hardly the cultural backwater some would have you believe, we're far from being one of the authentically cultural and diverse places that exist elsewhere.

I feel like everything in SLC is a reactionary imitation of somewhere else. For example, I go to St. Louis, walk into a random jazz bar and it's real. It has a history and authenticity you can just feel in your soul. And a hundred years of jazz and smoke embedded in the walls. We might have a jazz bar here, a fun place to go, get a drink, have a good time, but it'll be a total knockoff of someplace that has real soul and character.

Furthermore, we have a lot of dumbass hipstery leftists in this city who grew up mormon or not, but are rebelling against the dominant state culture out of nothing but rebellion. People describe us as being pretty bohemian. SLC's left isn't Bohemian- they're a bunch of people trying, really, really, really hard to be that though. Again, imitators.

Great post. repped accordingly.

I feel like everything in SLC is a reactionary imitation of somewhere else. For example, I go to St. Louis, walk into a random jazz bar and it's real. It has a history and authenticity you can just feel in your soul; a hundred years of jazz and smoke embedded in the walls. We might have a jazz bar here, a fun place to go, get a drink, have a good time, but it'll be a total knockoff of someplace that has real soul and character.

Damn, bro, I'm just trying to be ME. My parents were way overbearing and the church was like wayyy in my face, so after my mish, I was all like, **** it, let's see what beer tastes like, and then I was like, **** it, let's see what a **** tastes like, and all of a sudden I'm a gay drunk.

Don't judge me.