What's new

When is Quin Snyder going to install an offense?

3939902836_b90314ae40.jpg

"I can do it. I can be accepted back in Utah one day."

Corbin didn't make a point of being dead last in assists. If management didn't saddle him with Kanter...

Corbin was a genius of an offensive mind. He wrung the ut

If Corbin was still HC, Gobert and Hood would be wastin away on the bench. I'm certain Booker and Jingles would be getting 32 mins a night.

Corbin didn't make a point of being dead last in assists. If management didn't saddle him with Kanter...

Corbin was a genius of an offensive mind. He wrung the ut
Lol at the genius comment. I agree that he wrung the ut. The ut will never be the same. :-(

If Corbin was still HC, Gobert and Hood would be wastin away on the bench. I'm certain Booker and Jingles would be getting 32 mins a night.

Do you enjoy watching the worst offense in the league ride Rudy n Favors' defense to close wins? I don't.

Do you enjoy watching the worst offense in the league ride Rudy n Favors' defense to close wins? I don't.
Um....the jazz have won 4 games all by double digits. 2 of the 4 were 20 point victories and 1 of the victories was a 20 point lead that turned into a 10 point victory. They are second in the league in efficiency differential. The actual facts suggest you just want to find something to whine about

Jazz have the 4th best point differential in the NBA at + 8.3. They are 4 - 2:

Lost by 5 (@ Pistons)
Won by 28 (@ Sixers)
Won by 21 (@ Pacers)
Lost by 16 (v. B;azers)
Won by 12 (@ Nuggets)
Won by 10 (v. Grizzlies)

I agree that the Jazz need dramatic work on O but at least make arguments that apply to what is happening so far this season.

I would much rather the Jazz be top three in the NBA on one end of the floor and mediocre on the other end than to be just above average on both ends of the floor. And right now the Jazz are the BEST defense in the NBA. I take that every time and live with what we can get on the other end. Being the best on one end of the floor is something I can be proud of.

I wasn't proud of the Jazz for a second under Ty.

Honestly, we shouldn't coin ourselves the best defensive team in the league at least until after this upcoming road trip.

Honestly, we shouldn't coin ourselves the best defensive team in the league at least until after this upcoming road trip.

Right now, and the last half of last season, the Jazz are the best D. Could that change? Sure, it's a long season.

But right now hang your hat while you can.

Jazz have the 4th best point differential in the NBA at + 8.3. They are 4 - 2:

Lost by 5
Won by 28
Won by 21
Lost by 16
Won by 12
Won by 10

I agree that the Jazz need dramatic work on O but at least make arguments that apply to what is happening so far this season.

We have played some bottom dwellers, and we have great D, the main reason for our differential ranking. Snyder's system with lots of picks up top gets us good 3s and mid range jumpers, but it also creates a lot of standing around and fewer shots at the rim. A mix of the good ol' motion and UCLA that Sloan ran mixed in with Snyder's offense would be awesome. We need to look for high percentage shots. More paint. With Sloan I wished we shot more threes, The simple fact is we are dead last in assists. Dead. Last. We have had teams with much less talent that ran a much better offense. Our offense has turned into something generic. The Jazz used to run a good pass oriented offense and it is what I enjoyed most about this team. Granted our PG situation contributes to this, so hopefully it will be better next year. The other thing is the horns offense we are running has a ton of wrinkles we havent implemented yet, and I am sure that Snyder is trying to build it slowly to not overwhelm players and to ensure that what is already there is run to perfection. I will keep a positive outlook, but have not liked what I have seen so far this season.

We have played some bottom dwellers, and we have great D, the main reason for our differential ranking. Snyder's system with lots of picks up top gets us good 3s and mid range jumpers, but it also creates a lot of standing around and fewer shots at the rim. A mix of the good ol' motion and UCLA that Sloan ran mixed in with Snyder's offense would be awesome. We need to look for high percentage shots. More paint. With Sloan I wished we shot more threes, The simple fact is we are dead last in assists. Dead. Last. We have had teams with much less talent that ran a much better offense. Our offense has turned into something generic. The Jazz used to run a good pass oriented offense and it is what I enjoyed most about this team. Granted our PG situation contributes to this, so hopefully it will be better next year. The other thing is the horns offense we are running has a ton of wrinkles we havent implemented yet, and I am sure that Snyder is trying to build it slowly to not overwhelm players and to ensure that what is already there is run to perfection. I will keep a positive outlook, but have not liked what I have seen so far this season.

I am not disputing any of that. At all.

Simply saying that factually good arguments should be made. And right now franklins statement is not true.

I would much rather the Jazz be top three in the NBA on one end of the floor and mediocre on the other end than to be just above average on both ends of the floor. And right now the Jazz are the BEST defense in the NBA. I take that every time and live with what we can get on the other end. Being the best on one end of the floor is something I can be proud of.

I wasn't proud of the Jazz for a second under Ty.

The Jazz aren't mediocre on the other end. They are great on one side and hot trash on the other, nearly the worst in the league. Your line seems to be that that's okay, and as long as they have a winning record there's no reason to pay attention to the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

They can improve on offense. They need to improve on offense. This improvement needs to come from a coach who can install a legitimate offense instead of this college ball nonsense.

The Jazz aren't mediocre on the other end.

I saw a stat that the jazz are 17th in the league offensively. Seems near the middle of the league to me