What's new

Where does Favors rank among PFs/Cs in terms of defense?

Proper English is defence.

Look, boss, de fence, de fence!

2006-05-30-tattoo-fantasy-island.jpg

Defensively i would rank him as #5, when he get the pt it`ll be obvious for league wide but not just for the Jazz fanz. And i think only Howard, Asik, Ibaka and Chandler more efficient then him right now at the defensive end.

Defensively i would rank him as #5, when he get the pt it`ll be obvious for league wide but not just for the Jazz fanz. And i think only Howard, Asik, Ibaka and Chandler more efficient then him right now at the defensive end.

I agree with this only because everyone you mentioned plays as many minutes as they can handle.

He was one of the best writers in the nation before Grantland snatched him up.

Zach Lowe is seriously the truth. Not the slightest bit surprised when I heard about Grantland snagging him. Dude is an amazing journalist, and probably my absolute favourite.

Proper English is defence.

Thanks for the English lesson! Can I pay you to teach me English?

I would think that keeping the word as close to the original past perfect participle in Latin (defensus) would make more sense, but apparently you have a more informed opinion. Considering we adopted the word from Latin through French (défense), it seems like you could make an argument for "defense" again. However, it might just be that there are dialectical differences in our orthography, and the only reason one asserts "correctness" is to ally oneself with the "correct" club and thus give oneself warm tinglies in the nether region. Hopefully, I haven't been too defencive.

Last edited:
I agree with this only because everyone you mentioned plays as many minutes as they can handle.

OFC they`ll get as many minutes as they can handle. These bigs defensively proven and defensive oriented (beside Howard), so that`s why they`re getting excessive pt. Them being better than Favors not about how much playing time they get. When Asik was back in Chicago he was still one of the best defensive player (not top 5 though) among the bigs despite of him getting limited minutes (around 14 mpg) behind Noah. Rockets saw this quality of him and rewarded him as a starter and with a good contract and they're not regretful so far. Same with the others, they all get through the first 2-3 years which is more struggling process especially for a big who offensively limited.

Favors`ll only get better and would take a huge leap on that matter when he get starter minutes.

Favors`ll only get better and would take a huge leap on that matter when he get starter minutes.

If Favors averaged 30 minutes a game (I personally think that he should be closer to 35 minutes), then he would be close to averaging a double double with 4 blocks.

If Favors averaged 30 minutes a game (I personally think that he should be closer to 35 minutes), then he would be close to averaging a double double with 4 blocks.

Can`t argue with that.. And as a starter the playing time he get is substantially will be connected with getting in foul trouble. Look at Chandler, he is averaging 26 mpg so far.

LOL, accidently i send the previous post twice therefore ill just send a Favors video with that post and beat the rap;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QghdWM3L2UU

I would include Noah in that top 5 as well.

If Favors got 36 minutes a game, his stats would be more or less 16, 12, 1, 1, 3, IMHO. He will learn how to pass and score better when he can play with confidence and other good teammates. People often underestimate how playing with good players improves your game. Randy Foye is one of the worst team players I've ever seen and even Tinsley plays more selfishly when he's with the second unit. Favors' offense is improving each game and has shown a variety of offensive skills so far this year. He's right on the cusp of taking his offense to the next level: he's improved his FTs, he's shown a decent jump shot/fade away, he's shown a soft touch and missed out on at east three nice post baskets with offensive fouls or traveling (some debatable), his misses in the paint have been soft off the rim quite often, he's showing more comfort with the basketball in his hands, his points per game and per 36 have gone up every year (6.8, 8.8, 9.6 = last 5; 12.5, 14.9, 16 = last 5).

Thanks for the English lesson! Can I pay you to teach me English?

I would think that keeping the word as close to the original passed perfect participle in Latin (defensus) would make more sense, but apparently you have a more informed opinion. Considering we adopted the word from Latin through French (défense), it seems like you could make an argument for "defense" again. However, it might just be that there are dialectical differences in our orthography, and the only reason one asserts "correctness" is to ally oneself with the "correct" club and thus give oneself warm tinglies in the nether region. Hopefully, I haven't been too defencive.

:)